**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just don't see how CHI could be a real player for Moore. If we had a contending team, maybe. But I would imagine another team out there would think that Moore makes them a contender. Not the case for the Bears.

Does he have a no trade clause as if not it is about who offers Panthers best compensation as Moore already has a new deal.

The thing is that Moore is cheap this year but next year he costs 20m so a contending team trading for him probably doesn't have that kind of cap next year. Chargers are already over next year's cap. Pats and Giants have 60m+ while Bears have 100m+ but out of those teams Fields is probably the best QB for Moore because he likes to throw deep.

Bears likely desperately need a 3T in the first next year and Moore is actually younger the VJJ. So if you could get him for a 2nd or 3rd next year then you absolutely do it. You then can do defense in the 1st and OL and other needs in FA.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No inside pressure. Muhammed and Jones suck. Outside rush is not bad. Gipson and Robinson have skill. Quinn has been ok, nothing great.
Muhammed is an edge. Blackson is the other starting IDL. I haven't noticed them moving Muhammed inside, I have noticed Robinson rushing inside a few times I think.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bears fans will have to come to the realization that a lot of this offseason will be invested in the offensive and defensive lines. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the 1st 2 picks being used on a 3T & DE
Especially defense. If they keep Whitehair and everyone progresses they could be ok at OL (mostly), but their DL is going to be non-existent past Robinson and Gipson most likely.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears fans will have to come to the realization that a lot of this offseason will be invested in the offensive and defensive lines. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the 1st 2 picks being used on a 3T & DE

Kinda like the George mock off-season I made? ?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Does he have a no trade clause as if not it is about who offers Panthers best compensation as Moore already has a new deal.

The thing is that Moore is cheap this year but next year he costs 20m so a contending team trading for him probably doesn't have that kind of cap next year. Chargers are already over next year's cap. Pats and Giants have 60m+ while Bears have 100m+ but out of those teams Fields is probably the best QB for Moore because he likes to throw deep.

Bears likely desperately need a 3T in the first next year and Moore is actually younger the VJJ. So if you could get him for a 2nd or 3rd next year then you absolutely do it. You then can do defense in the 1st and OL and other needs in FA.
What I'm saying is that the Bears are the least desperate (because they are so far away from a championship caliber team) and therefore are not really in a position to get aggressive with a trade offer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Love to have Moore and a 1st round WR in the draft. JF the new Josh Allen, while a nice dream I just want to see Fields get better every game and smoke the Vikings on the last day of the season.

At this point, I think they have to go 3T in the first if Carter is there. The interior DL is a major issue. QBs can step up away from the DEs and LBs and the secondary having to guard for too long.
If he's traded the team he's traded to owes roughly 20-16-15 million over the next three years. The rest is prorated signing bonus still owed by Carolina. And that's probably why they won't trade him, it would be a hit of something like $18m dead money if they traded him this season.

To make this trade, I think the Bears would have to do something to help Panthers free up the additional cap space. So for example, they can trade for Moore and Darnold for say a 3rd. Donald is making 18.585m which with 12 games left would mean he is still owned 13.3m. So Panthers have 9.58m in cap space this year and negative 11.5 next year which would turn into 10m in cap this year and and 13.6m next year.

I would say Moore is worth a 2nd but Panthers take the 3rd because Bears are taking on rest of Darnold salary and essentially create 25m in cap space next year by turning a -11.5 cap next year into a positive 13.6m. Bears would just have to restructure a couple contracts to remain under the cap this year and can afford to take on 13.3m of Darnold's salary and still would have the most cap space next year by a wide margin.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is that the Bears are the least desperate (because they are so far away from a championship caliber team) and therefore are not really in a position to get aggressive with a trade offer.

Depends. If they really want to do D in the first next year as they desperately need a 3T and they realize that FA WR is a black hole next year then this may be their best shot at getting another top WR who is again younger than VJJ. So not desperate from a championship perspective but if you fix 3T in the draft, the OL in FA with 100m to spend and then trade for Moore and have say Mooney, Moore, VJJ, ESB, and Harry as your top 5 next year, you could be in position to contend for a playoff spot IMO if Fields continues to progress.

There is really nothing in FA at WR or 3T so will need to address in draft and via trade. So the question is who can you get in a trade and who can you get in the draft. For more a Moore/Jalen Carter combo is probably the best bet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Muhammed is an edge. Blackson is the other starting IDL. I haven't noticed them moving Muhammed inside, I have noticed Robinson rushing inside a few times I think.

Robinson and Gipson have played inside some.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That would be fine with me.

Conklin
D. Payne
Jalen Carter
Bradley Bozeman.

Some intriguing options in the draft and FA. It’s why I’m not too opposed to trading for a WR. Not a good WR FA market.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
At this point, I think they have to go 3T in the first if Carter is there. The interior DL is a major issue. QBs can step up away from the DEs and LBs and the secondary having to guard for too long.

To make this trade, I think the Bears would have to do something to help Panthers free up the additional cap space. So for example, they can trade for Moore and Darnold for say a 3rd. Donald is making 18.585m which with 12 games left would mean he is still owned 13.3m. So Panthers have 9.58m in cap space this year and negative 11.5 next year which would turn into 10m in cap this year and and 13.6m next year.

I would say Moore is worth a 2nd but Panthers take the 3rd because Bears are taking on rest of Darnold salary and essentially create 25m in cap space next year by turning a -11.5 cap next year into a positive 13.6m. Bears would just have to restructure a couple contracts to remain under the cap this year and can afford to take on 13.3m of Darnold's salary and still would have the most cap space next year by a wide margin.
Just wait until the offseason when Moore's dead cap goes towards next year. Taking on Darnold would just be killing rollover cap and extending several more million in restructures into future years. It put $10m+ onto the cap next year, plus Moore's $20m. Not worth it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just wait until the offseason when Moore's dead cap goes towards next year. Taking on Darnold would just be killing rollover cap and extending several more million in restructures into future years. It put $10m+ onto the cap next year, plus Moore's $20m. Not worth it.

Was more just saying how it could be done this year not necessarily advocating it.

The worth would be in getting 12 games of reps with Fields this year as well as saving on draft comp. We actually don't really need the cap space next year. We are 115m under the cap. Adding Darnold and Moore basically takes us from 115m too 85m. Next closest team is Pats at 63m. As for restructures, I would probably do EJ anyways as he looks like a Pro Bowler again and then Whitehair who we should probably keep for Vet purposes anyways. Probably don't need much more than that.

Keeping the 2nd and Fields and Moore building rapport in a lost season is probably worth taking on Darnold's salary to me but can see waiting until next year for me.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
With all the cap space the bears have, I don’t see a reason why they would restructure EJ or Cody.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears should inquire about Derrick Brown

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Was more just saying how it could be done this year not necessarily advocating it.

The worth would be in getting 12 games of reps with Fields this year as well as saving on draft comp. We actually don't really need the cap space next year. We are 115m under the cap. Adding Darnold and Moore basically takes us from 115m too 85m. Next closest team is Pats at 63m. As for restructures, I would probably do EJ anyways as he looks like a Pro Bowler again and then Whitehair who we should probably keep for Vet purposes anyways. Probably don't need much more than that.

Keeping the 2nd and Fields and Moore building rapport in a lost season is probably worth taking on Darnold's salary to me but can see waiting until next year for me.
Spotrac has them at $105, maybe you are assuming no Quinn. Lots of teams will generate lots of cap space with cuts. And having more cap space to me isn't reason to be wasteful with it. I don't see extending those guys yet, although they have played well. pretty sure Whitehair has $ on the book into his age 34 season already. I think if you want to use some cap productively extend Jaylon a year early and frontload.

Status
Not open for further replies.