Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Great article as always, Jordan. I hope the Bears can get a 5th round pick or higher for Montgomery. I'm afraid they won't make any 'real' moves one way or the other. I still wish they had traded Quinn last offseason after his monster season.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great article as always, Jordan. I hope the Bears can get a 5th round pick or higher for Montgomery. I'm afraid they won't make any 'real' moves one way or the other. I still wish they had traded Quinn last offseason after his monster season.
He has a sack so far! Why would you trade Quinn? Who would be the pass rush without Mack on this playoff contender?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
"This would be a great deal for the Bears. The Bears need draft capital more than they need a bloated duck waddling down Soldier Field this season. David Montgomery has been decent for the Bears, but he was never the dynamic back that the team had previously with Matt Forte and Jordan Howard."

Jordan Howard...dynamic?

:blank:

You continue to out stupid your previous blog post. I mean you have me hooked , Your writing is like a soap opera where you can't wait to see how unintelligent the next post will be.

Bravo for leaning into your unique quality of having no quality at all. Fan for life!

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sigler!

People are going to be mad when they click on this and find out it's exactly what it is from the thread title and link preview. Now @truthbedamned won't have anything to object to and take time out of his day to post about it in the thread he is bitter about.

That being said, love how you keep people on their toes.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Monty is probably more important to Fields' development than any single OL is this year. If Fields continues to progress Monty will probably the #2 or #3 pass catcher and key in protecting him.

Don't think Herbert is ready to do either of those things consistently.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the first and last time I'll ever see "Jordan Howard" and "dynamic" in the same sentence without also including a "not" in there. Thanks for the article.
Now, tbf, Jordan Howard is dynamic - Dynamic in the sense that he's always changing teams because he's just not that good. :ROFLMAO:

If Fields continues to progress Monty will probably the #2 or #3 pass catcher and key in protecting him.

This is a pretty key factor that's not be considered. PFF has Monty at 83.7 in pass protection (giving up zero pressures) and Herbie's at a pedestrian 26.2 (giving up 3 pressures already). I'm all for trading Montgomery if we can get a decent pick for him since we're unlikely to re-sign him, but Herbert will need to get waaaay better at pass pro or Fields will be in even more trouble.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now, tbf, Jordan Howard is dynamic - Dynamic in the sense that he's always changing teams because he's just not that good. :ROFLMAO:

This is a pretty key factor that's not be considered. PFF has Monty at 83.7 in pass protection (giving up zero pressures) and Herbie's at a pedestrian 26.2 (giving up 3 pressures already). I'm all for trading Montgomery if we can get a decent pick for him since we're unlikely to re-sign him, but Herbert will need to get waaaay better at pass pro or Fields will be in even more trouble.
I mean fine, move him to guard. But the Bears need a running back if they want to run the ball 60% of the time

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Can't you just bring back Firstimer and Rory?

At least they'd be batting for supporting Siemian by now.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Did you happen to see Herbert in pass protection against the Giants?

Yeah no thank you. They need to ride Monty as long as they can.

I agree! Herbert was downright dreadful in pass protection. At least 2 sacks and multiple pressures were on him in that Giants game.

I'm not in favor of increasing the risk of injury to Fields for a conditional late round pick. Not worth it!

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I wish the NFL was more like the NBA and we could get more player for player deals other than qb. I'd want back a young starting caliber LB/DE/WE or TE. Eff the draft pick.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree! Herbert was downright dreadful in pass protection. At least 2 sacks and multiple pressures were on him in that Giants game.

I'm not in favor of increasing the risk of injury to Fields for a conditional late round pick. Not worth it!
I also like Herbert as a back....he's just not an every down back. Ebner doesn't appear ready to be that 3rd down back or complimentary back just yet, either.

If they moved on from Monty next year- Bears would still need to draft another RB to compliment Herbert.

I'd rather just keep Monty.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't you just bring back Firstimer and Rory?

At least they'd be batting for supporting Siemian by now.
Last week it's Lance Stone. This week, a mod that hasn't posted in years and his dead friend?

Quit living in the past man!

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
WTBH, Considering how fat Jordans Howards feet were, they were pretty dynamic for a Fat guy..