**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True. Like if they sent a 7 rounder and Albert for a bag of chips. Guy has been a massive disappointment. They are moving forward with Saubert & Dulcich

Well yes that is why he is available. But he has actually been a good blocker thus far and offers more speed than Kmet.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well yes that is why he is available. But he has actually been a good blocker thus far and offers more speed than Kmet.
I’m still pissed I drafted him in fantasy in a 16 team league. I thought with Russ coming that he would have a breakout season. Just didn’t happen

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I knew Coby Bryant was a warrior. You don’t get targeted that much by the best talent in College football and not have skills. His stats happened because he had Sauce on the other side.

Gordon is just starting to ball. The more it clicks for him and becomes natural, holy shit, he’s going to kill it! We may have one of the best secondaries in football starting next year!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
These are the ones that are usually on Justin. Not that his receivers are always open but he needs to pull the trigger and throw his man open. If he's not open, still try to throw him open at a spot where it won't get picked off in order to not have to take a sack.

Watching Warner's video, it seems like the nuance of the game, the concept of "NFL open" and such is something Fields is still trying to wrap his head around. He's gotta get these reps and get this stuff on film to learn from it. Easier said than done when his O line is getting killed some times and his receivers aren't the most adept at getting open.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are the ones that are usually on Justin. Not that his receivers are always open but he needs to pull the trigger and throw his man open. If he's not open, still try to throw him open at a spot where it won't get picked off in order to not have to take a sack.

Watching Warner's video, it seems like the nuance of the game, the concept of "NFL open" and such is something Fields is still trying to wrap his head around. He's gotta get these reps and get this stuff on film to learn from it. Easier said than done when his O line is getting killed some times and his receivers aren't the most adept at getting open.
Those stupid screen shot warriors lol. They have no idea wtf they're talking about. I don't even know what they are circling. You can circle anyone on any given play across the NFL on any team and they look open, this is such an ignorant way to judge "NFL open".

Yes, he is missing open receivers the screen shots are stupid.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Those stupid screen shot warriors lol. They have no idea wtf they're talking about. I don't even know what they are circling. You can circle anyone on any given play across the NFL on any team and they look open, this is such an ignorant way to judge "NFL open".

Yes, he is missing open receivers the screen shots are stupid.

Hahaha. I like that.

We’ve gone from Armchair QB’s to Screen Shot Warriors.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Good game for Harry to make his debut for the Bears.
I like a revenge game, but to be honest the biggest thing he can do for Fields is provide a big target that will highpoint the ball away from the DB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“A quarterback’s ever-evolving,” Janocko said. “So when you do get into a new system, yeah, there are going to be bumps and bruises along the way as you adjust, as you jump in, especially with a young player, a guy who is in his second year, really in his one-and-a-half year starting.

“So yeah, we are going to see growing pains. … But then you do see the marked improvement as well. So, yeah, there are adjustments. … Mechanically speaking, whether you’re in Year 1 or Year 12, I think you’re always evolving in that. ‘Hey, how is my stride? Am I quick to get it out? Are my feet aligned? How’s my base as I’m progressing through the down?’ You’re always looking at that stuff.”

“(It’s) just keeping growing, keep trusting, trusting his receivers, trusting his training, trusting the process that we’re going to through each and every day and building from the ground up, playing a process-driven game,” Janocko said.

At some point, though, that trust might have to become a leap of faith for Fields, especially when receivers don’t look open but could be if he throws the ball.

“That’s the NFL, though,” Janocko said. “Timing and rhythm is everything. Anticipation is everything. Great quarterbacks in this league, if you see him open and the ball’s in your hand, he’s not open. It’s already closed.”

Only 22 of Fields’ 115 pass attempts have been via play action. Only four have featured run-pass options. Cousins leads the NFL with 72 play-action pass attempts.

This is one of the biggest areas for the offense to fix. We have to incorporate more play action and RPOs. Also interesting from the Athletic article is that per Pro Football Reference, Fields is tied with three other quarterbacks with a pocket time of 2.6 seconds, which is currently the best mark in the league.

So this seems to be a compounding effect. The OL isn't as terrible as fans like to say but it does give up quick pressure a lot. However, it also does given Fields the best overall pocket time in the NFL. However, the combination of Fields not pulling the trigger sometimes and WRs not being open other times means Fields ends up taking more sacks than he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.