Poles Grade so far???

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally believe ownership told him, he is free to do what he wants in 2023. I think they had a hand, in how much he could spend, etc....dont care what they say. Also coaches list was probably given to him

Edit: This is my YouBoyRoy Tea Leaves take lmao

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So again this amount to you are right and everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong because you said so.

Perhaps spend less time discussing sports and more time educating yourself because everyone but you appears to have understand what @airtime143 was saying.

No shame in just saying, "My bad
I was unaware it could be used in that context." Never a good idea to argue with someone because they used a word correctly.
You of all people lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
when I think of ryan poles...
tony-soprano-you-finished.gif

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So you’re telling me, the bears had less to spend than nearly every other team??

This article was written on July 6, and the bears had over 20 million, the 5th most cap space at the time.

How does anyone with a working brain consider this to be “strapped for cash”?
Well, this is mid summer, after Poles already made moves to free up cash. In order to do so, he had to jettison many vets. At that point, he had cap space and more roster spots unfilled with actual NFL players. The cap space $ includes 51 players, but that's after starters and contributors from 2021 were gone and not replaced.

July 6th after June 1 cuts and after trades tells where he got to, not where he started.

He had moved Mack, Hicks was gone, Goldman gone, Foles, Trevathan, Cohen, etc. All those people were under contract when FA started.

He allotted some to Ogunjobi and that didn't work out. That did cost them an opportunity to pursue others in the meantime.

But, no, when he took over the Bears were not flush with cash with a roster full of talent. Their space later was due to creating roster holes.

I don't have a list of top FA's that signed after July 6th, but I am guessing it is pretty short.

And FA's don't accept the same $ to go to a noncontender, so his choice at that point is to overpay. He obviously made the choice - wisely - to not overpay and commit to higher salaries a year (at least) before the Bears could attract real talent at the right price.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, this is mid summer, after Poles already made moves to free up cash. In order to do so, he had to jettison many vets. At that point, he had cap space and more roster spots unfilled with actual NFL players. The cap space $ includes 51 players, but that's after starters and contributors from 2021 were gone and not replaced.

July 6th after June 1 cuts and after trades tells where he got to, not where he started.

He had moved Mack, Hicks was gone, Goldman gone, Foles, Trevathan, Cohen, etc. All those people were under contract when FA started.

He allotted some to Ogunjobi and that didn't work out. That did cost them an opportunity to pursue others in the meantime.

But, no, when he took over the Bears were not flush with cash with a roster full of talent. Their space later was due to creating roster holes.

I don't have a list of top FA's that signed after July 6th, but I am guessing it is pretty short.

And FA's don't accept the same $ to go to a noncontender, so his choice at that point is to overpay. He obviously made the choice - wisely - to not overpay and commit to higher salaries a year (at least) before the Bears could attract real talent at the right price.
Poles sounds like a guy that can't get ahead of himself.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
i wouldnt. I think of players who have been foundational pieces and are proven. I think of the Bears defensive core when Trestman came in.

Hey, never stopped you. Wont stop me.

We're truly in the end times.
I literally posted a dictionary definition and you respond like: Naw, Websters doesn't matter in this conversation....

You just happen to be incorrect. It happens to us all from time to time, but @airtime143 was entirely correct using that word in his definition of one year old players from a previous regime that had been handed down.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate word police, but anything that was left prior to the beginning of something new could be considered legacy.

So the post in question appears to have used the word correctly.

My $.02

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:

Incredibly accurate and well thought out response. We had one of the worst cap situations at the start of free agency. The money came late after cuts and deals.
Poles has a plan and has been very patient and disciplined.
The people calling for his head and passing judgement will flip flop every few games depending on the record.
We all agreed this was a throw away year and we had no expectations on overall wins but wanted to see a strong culture built, good coaching and play calling especially on offense and Fields development. There has been a lot of questionable shit, especially offensive play calling and it has been painful but I'm not making any judgements yet.
Tonight felt really good even if I know in the back of my mind I'm assuming NE has no pass rush and not that our line suddenly got better with injuries and that Fields might not get to shine many more games this year with this line and maybe I'm rambling and drunk

Go Bears.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So again this amount to you are right and everyone else that disagrees with you is wrong because you said so.

Perhaps spend less time discussing sports and more time educating yourself because everyone but you appears to have understand what @airtime143 was saying.

No shame in just saying, "My bad I was unaware it could be used in that context." Never a good idea to argue with someone because they used a word correctly.
perhaps we should call them "heritage" players to assuage his disdain for the word legacy.......

Then we could imply ownership.

Sounds like a horrible idea to me.

Perhaps @Anytime23 should just admit that his vocabulary wasn't up to snuff on this one.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Incredibly accurate and well thought out response. We had one of the worst cap situations at the start of free agency. The money came late after cuts and deals.
Poles has a plan and has been very patient and disciplined.
The people calling for his head and passing judgement will flip flop every few games depending on the record.
We all agreed this was a throw away year and we had no expectations on overall wins but wanted to see a strong culture built, good coaching and play calling especially on offense and Fields development. There has been a lot of questionable shit, especially offensive play calling and it has been painful but I'm not making any judgements yet.
Tonight felt really good even if I know in the back of my mind I'm assuming NE has no pass rush and not that our line suddenly got better with injuries and that Fields might not get to shine many more games this year with this line and maybe I'm rambling and drunk

Go Bears.
I don't think you can win consistently with only one good WR. Fields starts every game with a big handycap.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I don't think you can win consistently with only one good WR. Fields starts every game with a big handycap.
For sure. But I think the line has been a bigger handicap this year. So many plays where there is instant pressure. We saw them make it work tonight with these receivers when there was not a lineman getting beat on every play.

napo55

Liked Posts:
For sure. But I think the line has been a bigger handicap this year. So many plays where there is instant pressure. We saw them make it work tonight with these receivers when there was not a lineman getting beat on every play.
I think other than Mooney and one big reception by Kmet, the rest of the receivers did very little. The story of the game was the running game, and Justin Fields in particular.

I wonderhow long he can stay healthy with that kind of gameplan.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think other than Mooney and one big reception by Kmet, the rest of the receivers did very little. The story of the game was the running game, and Justin Fields in particular.

I wonderhow long he can stay healthy with that kind of gameplan.
EQ had more catches than Mooney

Pettis also had a key third down conversion. Not like they threw the ball alot. The WRs did not have a bad game at all. Quite the opposite

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He really doesn’t have a grip on how the salary cap works or how free agents available in JULY are usually off the scrap heap.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Bear_Assed please let us know which studs or pro-bowlers were available after July 6th since you are so well versed

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Bear_Assed please let us know which studs or pro-bowlers were available after July 6th since you are so well versed
Why did Poles have to wait until July 6th?

And who said anything about studs or pro bowlers. If you’ve figured out this reading thing, you would see my exact words were “above average player”. He did not sign a single above avg player on offense. That is insane to me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You of all people lol

Think you are having trouble understanding difference between opinion and facts. I admit when I have facts wrong. I am stubborn when it comes to my opinions. The definition of legacy is a fact.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

And who said anything about studs or pro bowlers. If you’ve figured out this reading thing, you would see my exact words were “above average player”. He did not sign a single above avg player on offense. That is insane to me.

Ok so who are you referring to specifically that he should have signed?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Keep moving those goalposts. Not even Ronaldo can score on those.

You literally just said he had the 5th most cap space on July 5th and did nothing to sign anyone when he had that cap space. Again, your talking out of your ass as you usually do.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok so who are you referring to specifically that he should have signed?
Before I respond, will you admit I am right if I provide players that were available in free agency that would be an upgrade over our current roster?