Poles Grade so far???

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ESB had 4 catches with an average of 12 yds per reception. That may be impressive for the Bears, but it would be a joke to teams with a real offemse. Other than ESB and Mooney (3 averaging 17.7) only Kmet had 2 receptions and Pettis had one reception for 2 yds.

It's failure to face reality and take steps to improve the passing game that usually puts the Bears at the bottom of the league in passing.
Baby Steps. Stay with the plan. Grow Fields as an NFL Qb and protect him from injury. The defense has made a big improvement over the last five game and the secondary is developing as a force. This is a very young team learning how to win and hating to lose. This is NOT the same old Bear's GM and coaching staff. This is different. We should just sit down and enjoy it as it happens.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This is the exact bs reply I expected. Well done. Lol
BS: because it doesn't fit my BS narrative.

Remy pointed to facts to back up his opinions. You don't have to like the truth but when you defy it you look like a clown, which is par for the course with your general postings, I suppose.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guy names a bunch of middling free agents that he would be complaining about if they were here with the grades they're putting up

Lol
I realize people are used to mediocrity with this team and having a GM come in and focus on improving the offense instead of defense is unknown to most bears fan.

But believe it or not, it’s possible. And just because the person we’re talking about is the new GM of your favorite football team (I’m just assuming here), doesn’t mean he is immune from deserved criticism.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been up and down but this year was ALWAYS going to be rough. There has been growth. Now do I want to see Fields killed? No. What the PATS game showed is that it IS SLOWLY COMING TOGETHER. I was never going to evaluate until he had a full year. Improved play-calling this week, and the OL is improving. I'm stoked to see what we can do when we add an elite WR2, some better OL players, and a great 3T DT. I give Poles a "B" right now.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BS: because it doesn't fit my BS narrative.

Remy pointed to facts to back up his opinions. You don't have to like the truth but when you defy it you look like a clown, which is par for the course with your general postings, I suppose.
Facts?

Jensen going to TB because they are a SB contender and his price would be $15 mil? This is a fact? Show me proof. Lol

We couldn’t get Corbett because panthers had more $? We could literally afford his contract right now with the $ we still have left. Where is the fact for this one?

Just because I don’t waste my time disproving every fucking stupid ass biased post, doesn’t mean I’m a clown. In fact, I would argue it’s the opposite.

“Facts” this guy says... Lol this got me. NGL

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Facts?

Jensen going to TB because they are a SB contender and his price would be $15 mil? This is a fact? Show me proof. Lol

We couldn’t get Corbett because panthers had more $? We could literally afford his contract right now with the $ we have. Where is the fact for this one?

Just because I don’t waste my time disproving every fucking stupid ass biased post, doesn’t mean I’m a clown. In fact, I would argue it’s the opposite.

“Facts” this guys says... Lol this got me. NGL
For sake of discussion, taking the Superbowl thing out of the equation (which is certainly a factor) a team that is bidding against a Florida based team generally has to outbid them, because there's no state tax is FLA. Agents use this in their negotiation tactics. Illinois as an example at 6.25% tacked on to a multi million dollar deal turns into a substantial amount of monies. Monies that are free and clear in FLA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Facts?

We couldn’t get Corbett because panthers had more $? We could literally afford his contract right now with the $ we still have left. Where is the fact for this one?

“Facts” this guy says... Lol this got me. NGL

He got 13m a year from a SB contending team. On what planet do you think he takes 13m to play with the Bears when as someone else pointed out FL has no state income tax and he has bled with those same Bucs teammates for 4 years? This isn't Madden. This is real life. Bears would have to overpay for him.

The Panthers came into the offseason with almost double the cap room as us. So again what argument is there for them being outbid? You do realize that in FA we don't have exclusive negotiating rights. You also realize Corbett signed during the time that we had signed Larry O and before he failed his physical. So it is quite possible he was one of the FAs Poles implied they missed out on due to the Larry O situation. But the point is you make it sound like Bears could just sign whoever they want. It doesn't work like that.

Finally I notice you ignored that the other guys you wanted signed have been outplayed by the Bears. So in the end Poles was better off not signing them. Period. I get you wanted certain guys but you talk as if it was a certainty they would be better or could have been signed. That simply isn't try.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He got 13m a year from a SB contending team. On what planet do you think he takes 13m to play with the Bears when as someone else pointed out FL has no state income tax and he has bled with those same Bucs teammates for 4 years? This isn't Madden. This is real life. Bears would have to overpay for him.

The Panthers came into the offseason with almost double the cap room as us. So again what argument is there for them being outbid? You do realize that in FA we don't have exclusive negotiating rights. You also realize Corbett signed during the time that we had signed Larry O and before he failed his physical. So it is quite possible he was one of the FAs Poles implied they missed out on due to the Larry O situation. But the point is you make it sound like Bears could just sign whoever they want. It doesn't work like that.

Finally I notice you ignored that the other guys you signed have been outplayed. So in the end Poles was better off not signing them. Period.

Some fans really think free agency is basically claiming the guys you want and thats it. These guys are going to want to go where they want to go at the end of the day and sometimes even money isn't the most important factor

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some fans really think free agency is basically claiming the guys you want and thats it. These guys are going to want to go where they want to go at the end of the day and sometimes even money isn't the most important factor
Some fans will say anything to avoid being wrong about their team, until everyone is doing it and they no longer have anyone to come to their defense.

If poles ends up getting fired in ~5 years, you’ll rip him as bad as you likely did pace last year, emery in his last season, etc etc

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Some fans will say anything to avoid being wrong about their team, until everyone is doing it and they no longer have anyone to come to their defense.

If poles ends up getting fired in ~5 years, you’ll rip him as bad as you likely did pace last year, emery in his last season, etc etc

Ok let's keep it simple. Why would Jensen chose us over the Bucs at 13m a year?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Finally I notice you ignored that the other guys you wanted signed have been outplayed by the Bears. So in the end Poles was better off not signing them. Period. I get you wanted certain guys but you talk as if it was a certainty they would be better or could have been signed. That simply isn't try.
Thanks for the education. I had no idea that’s how this worked.

The contract Corbett got is a modest, team friendly deal. Bears could have signed him if they didn’t target defense first (to your point), like they did in the draft.

When I have as much free time as you, I will go back and find plenty more players for you to make excuses for reasons they weren’t signed.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You're still spouting nonsense. You named a bunch of players and most of them aren't even rated any higher than what we already have

You would have paid more money for the same, or less production. You're a terrible GM

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the education. I had no idea that’s how this worked.

The contract Corbett got is a modest, team friendly deal. Bears could have signed him if they didn’t target defense first (to your point), like they did in the draft.

When I have as much free time as you, I will go back and find plenty more players for you to make excuses for reasons they weren’t signed.

What percent of cap space would you have spent? You get that Panthers can match anything you offer right as they have $2 for ever $1 in cap space.

So Corbett got close to 9m a year. So that is almost 40% of their outstanding cap but less than 30% of the Panthers cap. So do you go to 50 or 60% of outstanding cap space?

Like you argument would be more logical if you at least acknowledged that the Bears would have competition who could offer more if need be instead of acting like we could have signed him if we wanted to.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What percent of cap space would you have spent? You get that Panthers can match anything you offer right as they have $2 for ever $1 in cap space.

So Corbett got close to 9m a year. So that is almost 40% of their outstanding cap but less than 30% of the Panthers cap. So do you go to 50 or 60% of outstanding cap space?
Look at the contract he signed. What’s the cap hit the first year?

For the remaining years, who has more cap space? Bears or panthers?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Baby Steps. Stay with the plan. Grow Fields as an NFL Qb and protect him from injury. The defense has made a big improvement over the last five game and the secondary is developing as a force. This is a very young team learning how to win and hating to lose. This is NOT the same old Bear's GM and coaching staff. This is different. We should just sit down and enjoy it as it happens.
If you are going to credit Poles with positive actions he's taken, you should also have the impartiality to point out the negative moves. I like the coacing staff and the reduction in penalties. I don't like the failure to supply the young QB with offensive weapons. Hard to protect him from injury when the O line is below average and when he has to run around because his receivers can't get open.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look at the contract he signed. What’s the cap hit the first year?

For the remaining years, who has more cap space? Bears or panthers?

Ok but that is not what I asked. How high would you be willing to go if the Panthers increased their offer in the event of a bidding war?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
F+. Invested top draft pick in an outdated position on a team with horrendous offense. Bears needed to add a piece or two around Fields this year and another piece or two next year. Cannot do it all in one year. Commitment to garbage Bears footbaw. Signed a head coach that no one wanted
And Velus Jr is a horrendous pick if you want a WR.

I think he can be a decent third down back.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok but that is not what I asked. How high would you be willing to go if the Panthers increased their offer in the event of a bidding war
Shut the fuck up with these bullshit hypotheticals.

I would have done what good GMs do, and get my most important player some help. Not sit on my $ when I’m going to have over $100 mil next season, when it could be too late for fields.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shut the fuck up with these bullshit hypotheticals.

I would have done what good GMs do, and get my most important player some help. Not sit on my $ when I’m going to have over $100 mil next season, when it could be too late for fields.

complains about bullshit hypotheticals but the players he named and arent looking to be any better are somehow going to be upgrades here.
His own hypotheticals are okay though

:jonesy: