QB School. Finally, an offense built for Justin Fields

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm just confused because @greg23 and @Black Rainbow told me that Fields CAN'T make full field reads. Who should we believe?

not them, clearly

I'm glad the mini bye was useful. they played Patriots pretty savage especially on defense. only thing that concerns me is passing is still hit or miss. defenses take away their running and it's going to be not good. at least they found a way to score touchdowns.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm just confused because @greg23 and @Black Rainbow told me that Fields CAN'T make full field reads. Who should we believe?

Wait....guys might get better? Who knew

Up to this point he's mostly stunk in the pocket but excels running the ball, getting on the edges and hitting his first read (esp deep digs and outs) when throwing immediatemy after his drop......why is that so hard to accept.

Don't bother answering because I know your answer starts with r and ends with ist

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Up to this point he's mostly stunk in the pocket but excels running the ball, getting on the edges and hitting his first read (esp deep digs and outs) when throwing immediatemy after his drop......why is that so hard to accept.

Don't bother answering because I know your answer starts with r and ends with ist

Nah, was just pointing out that you said he 'can't' read a defense which has always been factually inaccurate. :)

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
He clearly can, but that doesn't mean always does and certainly doesn't mean he does it consistently.

Yeah so? That's not the verbiage that the haters were using. They were saying that he CAN'T read a defense period. That's always been a false narrative.

Most 2nd year quarterbacks don't do it consistently but the great ones show improvement in year 2 - 3 (i.e Fields).

greg23

Liked Posts:
He clearly can, but that doesn't mean always does and certainly doesn't mean he does it consistently.
I'd say thru 17 games he's way more consistent in failing to read the defense and/or consistently find 2nd/3rd/check down options

His game yest was better but he still threw a pick and fumbled 4 times......and his "best game yet" produced 179 passing yards (on only 21 throws is good)

He needs to start stacking games, better decisions, better ball security etc........by start 20-25 these are usually who they will be moving fwd.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'd say thru 17 games he's way more consistent in failing to read the defense and/or consistently find 2nd/3rd/check down options

His game yest was better but he still threw a pick and fumbled 4 times......and his "best game yet" produced 179 passing yards (on only 21 throws is good)

He needs to start stacking games, better decisions, better ball security etc........by start 20-25 these are usually who they will be moving fwd.
Agreed. Consistency is what makes the good QBs good.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

But Andy Dalton had like 300 yards 4 tds and a loss.

179 yards with another 82 rushing. Fields was lava yesterday. Went into new england and shat all over the greatest HC of all time.. NE had no answer for fields n that run game..

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, was just pointing out that you said he 'can't' read a defense which has always been factually inaccurate. :)
Yeah. It's tough to read a defense right, if a 6'5" 320# Dt is in your face.? Good job by the coaching staff to get him in space and in space the guy is really tough to contain. I was questioning their OC before this game but he really showed me something last night in the adjustments that he made. Good job.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. Consistency is what makes the good QBs good.
What they did last night was for the first time tailor the offense for the special ability of their quarterback. Yeah, he needs to improve but all young players need to learn on the job and he is no different. But Fields is a special talent. Very few quarterbacks in my memory have his ability to run both speed wise and cutting wise. Mahomes is the best I have ever see along with his ability to throw at different arm angles. Russell Wilson had it also as did Steve Young. I think he is going to be special once they build this offense around his talent.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I hope he keeps that fire going into Dallas. Dallas might have more talent on defense but there isnt a better coached defense than NE. There wont be a better prepared coach than Bill to make Fields have the worst night of his life.

Bears have a chance to have a similar offensive output in Dallas and the defense will be challenged to keep a lid on them. Let's start building success upon success.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I hope he keeps that fire going into Dallas. Dallas might have more talent on defense but there isnt a better coached defense than NE. There wont be a better prepared coach than Bill to make Fields have the worst night of his life.

Bears have a chance to have a similar offensive output in Dallas and the defense will be challenged to keep a lid on them. Let's start building success upon success.
Bullshit. Quinn is coaching the Dallas D as good as anyone.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I mean, if the white hood fits....???