Bears trade for Claypool

mbison

Liked Posts:
Im very confused by this move. A 2nd seems like they think he will be our starter moving forward. Is this guy any good?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Because he's actually trying to develop fields?

Derp?

They see fields is making progress with trash around him. They want that progress to continue. If fields performs well the rest of the season it will be much easier to talk FA's into coming here next offseason....
And half of a season is going to make or break his development?

Plus you have all of next season to worry about next off season’s FA.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't get the need to trade for a WR right now......there is plenty of time and likely wr available in the off season if you wanted to trade away a 2nd rounder.......a 2nd for Claypool seems a tad too high.....but, whatever Fields needs blocking and weapons to see if he can be an elite qb vs a runner who can throw if limited

Also....what happened to building thru the draft and not dumping picks for players?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am thrilled Poles did this for so many reasons.

He said in the offseason, he believes a QB needs a big go up and get it guy he can rely on when things break down.

He got Justin one instead of waiting another half of season. One that has enough time to ball out in Chicago, while he earns himself a new/big contract.

It shows he realizes the cost for a starting WR has significantly increased over the past few years. And didn’t want to risk his acquisition of a wr on just a draft pick in case the pick doesn’t turn out.

Poles still may use an early round on a WR, but at least we know Claypool can play.

Finally, Poles got fields a legit weapon. I’m pumped.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What issues. Please link to evidence of them please.
Is this what we're doing? Believe the rumors you want to believe and don't believe the ones you don't want to believe? Hahaha perfect CCS shit right here.