Bears trade for Claypool

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
There is always the chance that IF the Bears trade down in the first round, that a team could select a WR, forcing the Bears to reach on a lower quality prospect. Trading for Claypool ensures the Bears get a WR with elite physical traits and gives them a lot of flexibility on draft day.

If Claypool had a better QB, it would have cost more than an early 2nd round pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ways in which Claypool helps the offense.

1. Takes pressure off of Mooney.
2. Can threaten defense at all levels of the field including over the middle where Fields has been hesitant to throw
3. Another good blocker at WR to go with ESB and Harry which is critical for outside zone.
4. Frees up Kmet more in the passing game.
5. Can win jump balls in the air.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ways in which Claypool helps the offense.

1. Takes pressure off of Mooney.
2. Can threaten defense at all levels of the field including over the middle where Fields has been hesitant to throw
3. Another good blocker at WR to go with ESB and Harry which is critical for outside zone.
4. Fees up Kmet more in the passing game.
5. Can win jump balls in the air.

Claypool makes that play that EQ didnt in the endzone this past Sunday more often than not.

Thats help enough. As cutler says, hes a go up and get it type of WR.

We've both been here long enough to know that bears fans will cunt about anything.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Perhaps this combined with Harry having shown a little something this past game means we can wave goodbye to Dante Pettis?

Think this means more that you might actually see a legit passing game going forward.

They didnt even have 4 legit nfl WR's they could march out there until this past week.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
You can never please everyone when it comes to draft or trade. Was a 2nd worth it for Claypool? I dunno but I dont hate it. they guy is 24. Picking up a guy in the 2nd round, let alone ANY round is a gamble and always has been. I'd rather have Claypool who did very well for a rookie wideout that was NOT the star wideout when Big Ben had Juju and others. The past two years were not impressive with Claypool but they did have a QB carousel. That's not the case on the Bears. They're trying to build around Fields and I think Claypool brings additional toughness and ability.

You guys will never be happy no matter what the Bears do cuz its always a gamble. Just enjoy the games folks!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why not just wait until the off season? Prices will go down and you’re not contending for shit
Five days ago people were bitching we didn’t trade Robert Quinn in the off-season when prices were higher

Liked Posts:
Claypool will fit in great in this offense and with the type of QB Fields is and will grow to be.

Bears paid a damn premium, but it will be worth it, especially given the fact there are no good WR FAs this offseason.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears will have a new weapon for Sunday.
Dolphins will have a new pass rusher for Sunday.

Easier transition for the Dolphins, go rush the passer. It will take Claypool a few weeks to start to feel comfortable.