Bears trade for Claypool

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
They will probably have to pay Burrow 50m+ a year and Chase 30m+ a year. Not sure they also want to give Higgins 20-25m a year. Hard to pay what is essentially 2 No 1 WRs and a franchise QB although can stagger the money some.

Given where WR salaries are going I might prefer getting a couple No 2s like Mooney and Claypool and where you can perhaps sign both for under 35m a year.
Great point. I think the Bears are also counting on the real chance of one of them turning into a true #1 receiver since they’re both so talented & young

Not to mention great fits together stylistically.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Been a life long Irish fan and I loved Chase with the Irish I wanted him on the Bears and now he is here. Solid player sometimes lacks concentration but he is a big target. Just like Cole you have to get him the ball its up to Fields.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Perhaps this combined with Harry having shown a little something this past game means we can wave goodbye to Dante Pettis?

That would be the best news ever!!!

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields threw 4 deepish "make a play" balls last week vs Dallas and the receivers came down with 0 of them. This helps. It feels like an overpay, but other then the crapshoot of the draft, you usually need to overpay.

Hopefully our top 3 next year look like Mooney and Claypool on contract years or earned extensions over the next few months plus a priority rookie.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The other thing with Clay and Mooney is you can sign a WR on a short term 2-3 year deal because any money for Mooney and Chase doesn't really hit until 2025 or so. So you can go after a Juju or an OBJ or a Meyers or a Mack Hollins.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have no idea if he is worth a second or not, but people have complained about supporting Fields and now are upset because of the cost.

Bigger picture, does it help the whole team?

I can't keep up with what's right and what's wrong.
It's a slight overpay, but it's more than worth it to get a young player that aligns with what the QB likes to do.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The sad reality is that claypool is not that much better than a guy like Robbie Anderson, almost the same player lmfao. Notice how a good organization gives up a 6th round pick for such a player, a bad organization gives up a 2nd rounder ??????

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They have a window now, hard to trade that away imo.

I would agree but just saying if they trust their ability to replace him with a WR on a rookie deal that may be better for them. They look like they will need to invest more money in that OL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The sad reality is that claypool is not that much better than a guy like Robbie Anderson, almost the same player lmfao. Notice how a good organization gives up a 6th round pick for such a player, a bad organization gives up a 2nd rounder ??????
Claypool is easily a better WR then Robby.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute….the bears are paying chase nothing? Are the Steelers paying his remaining salary?
That has to be wrong, I think he meant the take on his remaining rookie deal.