onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Or 3T, DE. Alot of ways to go in the draft now.
I should've just put DL/OL. But yes, the trenches are going to be a priority. I could see LB being a spot, depending on how one of those 2022 UDFA does

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Packers offered a 2nd then sounds like that was his market value.
Which doesn't mean it's not too much. Teams get desperate 2 hours before the trade deadline. Hopefully it works out for us. I don't think we'll know fully until midway through next year or the whole year to see how he plays and acts on and off the field.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah i dont get it man. I wish some posters here would just grow up. Its just football and no need to be rude because someone is an idiot.
Says the guy that's on here talking about children being raped. SMDH

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
To some of you who whine about Poles trade. It's good move by Poles. According to majority reports, the upcoming WR free-agent class is weak so in order to secure decent receiver on decent contract without overpaying for it its good move by our GM. So far I like how he goes about it. The time will show the real results not wild idiotic speculations.

My 2 ¢

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
Its a good move, fa wr class is platry and no sure things in the draft

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I think this is a green flag for Poles in terms of the type of WR talent to pursue.

But perhaps a red flag for Poles decision making in terms of asset management.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
300 posts to catch up on. i look forward to catching up later on the same posters who were totally against overpaying for a WR and against drafting a locker room cancer, be completely on board with overpaying for a locker room cancer.

I’m good with it btw.
is claypool really a cancer though? outside of tik tok and saying hes a top 3 WR in the league, not much about being a cancer

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would also like to add, this gives Fields some confidence in his GM that they want what’s best for him.

These guys are human too. All Fields knows is winning football. All of this losing in a rebuild year is probably very difficult to deal with for Fields.

Seeing his GM go out and take a risk by trading away a 2nd rd pick for a WR that is perfect for his style of play must feel good.
This is right on. Poles needed to show Fields that he believes in him and will build around him. I think this is just the first of many moves that will be made to fortify the weapons for Fields. He’ll work hard on protecting him too.

Fields is busting his ass to win. Bringing in Claypool is Poles saying “I’ve got you Justin, this is just the start.”

Rise

Liked Posts:
Just because the Packers, who are desperate to try to maximize what is left of Rodgers were willing to overpay does not mean the Bears are justified in beating their offer. Sometimes you just lose out on trades and that is ok. If Baltimore’s pick doesn’t win so be it.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell yes! Definitely a move I was hoping for. I wanted them to trade for a known talent. Even though most of us feel like it’s a bit of an over-pay…. given the expected bare market @ FA WR’s this coming offseason, the price was always going to be steep. Also, I don’t necessarily have a lot of confidence in Pole’s ability to find a WR through the draft yet so I’m cool with him covering his bases.
Justin getting an additional legit target should increase the frequency of having extend drives and should allow him to produce more like a real NFL QB (stats wise) this year. I see his bootlegs instantly upgraded to more lethal deep ball connections, along with upgrading the deep crosser to a high percentage throw due to the clearout route speeds of our WR’s.

Claypool is a perfect high powered #2/3 guy! *
There’s even the possibility of him becoming something more. Sometimes that perfect pairing the scheme, WR and QB just “clicks”.

This plays well into my fan-goggles-on prediction that the Bears will spend a 4th in the upcoming draft to grab another WR… ALONG with going all in on the best play making WR in the 2024 draft. (Who will finally be the #1 Fields needs!)

* (in my vision of having an over abundance of talent at WR for Field’s use here within the next 3 years)

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just because the Packers, who are desperate to try to maximize what is left of Rodgers were willing to overpay does not mean the Bears are justified in beating their offer. Sometimes you just lose out on trades and that is ok. If Baltimore’s pick doesn’t win so be it.

this needed to happen

otherwise you'd be bitching about the lack of options at WR

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which doesn't mean it's not too much. Teams get desperate 2 hours before the trade deadline. Hopefully it works out for us. I don't think we'll know fully until midway through next year or the whole year to see how he plays and acts on and off the field.

Sure but your basis for saying it is too much is just your opinion. You are the one always saying how NFL teams know better than us fans. Well 2 NFL teams offered a 2nd round pick so until we see how he performs, our best info is that he was worth a 2nd round pick.

Just because a CCS member considers it an overpay despite 2 teams offering a 2nd round pick does not mean it was in fact an overpay.