Flus happy the Ravens off the ball LB isn’t in Chicago any more

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disappointing to hear an NFL Head Coach give responses like that. Certainly not the norm. A more fitting response would have been something like, " Roquan was a great player for the Bears and we wish him the best with his new opportunity in Baltimore. At this time the team is going in a different direction. "

Oh well.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the relationship between Roquan and the organization soured a lot more than I originally thought.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a curious thing to say considering Roquan iced 2 of the Bears’ 3 wins with a timely interception.
That is what an off the ball LB is suppose to do-

I don't think he is doubting his skill - I think he was chuckling because he thought that his draft position was to high for the first round

They covet Pass rush or Run stop type backers higher in the draft vice a coverage type

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That is what an off the ball LB is suppose to do-

I don't think he is doubting his skill - I think he was chuckling because he thought that his draft position was to high for the first round

They covet Pass rush or Run stop type backers higher in the draft vice a coverage type
I mean, his team took a guard 6th overall.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Seems like a curious thing to say considering Roquan iced 2 of the Bears’ 3 wins with a timely interception.

Not all that curious. Career numbers for Shaq:

INTs: 12
FF: 17

Career numbers for Roquan:

INTs: 7
FF: 1

Flus stated it comes down to numbers and production and they covet ball production at that position. Leonard clearly has more production by a wide margin. Makes perfect sense on why they were unwilling to make Quan the highest paid off ball LB

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean Quinton Nelson the 4 time pro bowler with 61 starts and already signed an extension

and then there is LB Shaquille Leonard whom they took in the Second round in the same draft that was the defensive rookie of the year and also signed a 99M dollar extension---

I can't believe anyone is defending Pace here - Perhaps maybe why he was chuckling, to be honest I don't blame him with Pace's draft record

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I may like this staff after all.

I can see paying (or drafting high) someone like Urlacher or Tillman (hindsight picks) but again with hindsight Smith wasn't worth the pick.
Especially considering we just got a QB and needed oline and then after the draft proceeded to use the next 3 years of draft picks on Mack.

All this "it takes real talent for defense" from fans is BS. Sure if you get a ball hawk that's worth it. But "he can tackle good" is something everyone who makes the 53 on defense should be expected to do.
And it's especially BS when those people claim you need top talent pass rush but anyone can defend against top talent pass rush for oline.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disappointing to hear an NFL Head Coach give responses like that. Certainly not the norm. A more fitting response would have been something like, " Roquan was a great player for the Bears and we wish him the best with his new opportunity in Baltimore. At this time the team is going in a different direction. "

Oh well.

He did say that earlier in the press conference. He was then asked specifically why they valued him less than Quan valued himself and he gave an hojest answer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He chuckled and said Ballard wouldnt let him take an off ball LB that high so was more a comment on how Ballard valued that position.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am telling you what he said. He specifically said Ballard would not take an off ball LB at 8.
“was more a comment on how Ballard valued that position.”

More a comment than what?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“was more a comment on how Ballard valued that position.”

More a comment than what?

“I don’t think Ballard was in the business of taking an off the ball LB at 8. I dont think I could convince him of that.”

That is what he said and I am saying it was more a comment on how Ballard valued the position. Quite possible Flus agreed but he was the DC not the coach or GM.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Smith wasn’t a bad player but teams don’t take WLB in the top 10 for a reason. Typical Bears.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Oh well.
Maybe watch the press conferences instead of falling for this clickbait bullshit.