Who should the Chicago Bulls trade?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’d start with DeRozan, Vuc, LaVine, White, Caruso and then go from there. Burn this bitch down

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The more accurate and relevant question is who CAN they trade for a decent or good return?

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don’t really agree with this. DeMar should be able to fetch at least 1 1st rounder for starters.

I think if the Bulls take back a bad contract, they could get a 1st for Vuc too.

Zach would bring back at least 2 1sts as a starting point.

You go full tank mode and hope that the Bulls could keep their top 4 protected pick that they gave away to the Magic.

That direction makes infinitely more sense to me then to just keep riding it out with this underachieving bunch of vets. I think at the very least, AK needs to trade DeMar and Vuc. Try to trade Coby and Caruso too. I don’t think they would entertain trading LaVine just yet.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t really agree with this. DeMar should be able to fetch at least 1 1st rounder for starters.

I think if the Bulls take back a bad contract, they could get a 1st for Vuc too.

Zach would bring back at least 2 1sts as a starting point.

You go full tank mode and hope that the Bulls could keep their top 4 protected pick that they gave away to the Magic.

That direction makes infinitely more sense to me then to just keep riding it out with this underachieving bunch of vets. I think at the very least, AK needs to trade DeMar and Vuc. Try to trade Coby and Caruso too. I don’t think they would entertain trading LaVine just yet.
There is no hope. This franchise is doomed to mediocrity forever

Enasic

Liked Posts:
There is no hope. This franchise is doomed to mediocrity forever
Certainly if they maintain the status quo and fail to act fast and choosing a direction. This team currently has no path to being good with this group, cap situation, and lack of picks. They should probably choose another direction

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Certainly if they maintain the status quo and fail to act fast and choosing a direction. This team currently has no path to being good with this group, cap situation, and lack of picks. They should probably choose another direction
They won't. AKME wants continuity. So we'll get a continuous stream of fail

Enasic

Liked Posts:
They won't. AKME wants continuity. So we'll get a continuous stream of fail
When ownership won’t pay the tax, what else is AKME going to sell the fanbase other than continuity? I really hope AK wasn’t dumb enough to believe the continuity angle. If so, there’s a huge problem, but I think he really had no other response. Clearly the Bulls had no interest in paying the tax, and that’s a Reinsdorf decision, not AKME.

This should be easy. They still don’t pay the tax after the trades, but they adjust their path and stock picks. All while hopefully being bad enough to get their Magic pick back. Everyone wins. It’s not like this team is headed to the playoffs or will be missing out on playoff revenue. AKME needs to swallow their pride and realize they made a bad coaching hire and constructed a flawed roster. It happens but the last thing you wanna do is compound the problem by sticking with it or god forbid re-signing Vuc.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When ownership won’t pay the tax, what else is AKME going to sell the fanbase other than continuity? I really hope AK wasn’t dumb enough to believe the continuity angle. If so, there’s a huge problem, but I think he really had no other response. Clearly the Bulls had no interest in paying the tax, and that’s a Reinsdorf decision, not AKME.

This should be easy. They still don’t pay the tax after the trades, but they adjust their path and stock picks. All while hopefully being bad enough to get their Magic pick back. Everyone wins. It’s not like this team is headed to the playoffs or will be missing out on playoff revenue. AKME needs to swallow their pride and realize they made a bad coaching hire and constructed a flawed roster. It happens but the last thing you wanna do is compound the problem by sticking with it or god forbid re-signing Vuc.
I still actually believe (doom trolling aside) that AKME did set this team up in a way that they could hit a hard reset after this season if things went really south. Whether they would hit that button right now, I cannot say, but I would lean no. I am more inclined to think they let this season play out.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I still actually believe (doom trolling aside) that AKME did set this team up in a way that they could hit a hard reset after this season if things went really south. Whether they would hit that button right now, I cannot say, but I would lean no. I am more inclined to think they let this season play out.

What do you propose they do then in the off season? Vuc is a FA. Do they re-sign him or do they trade him now? Same goes for DeMar. Keep him for another year or maximize his trade value now?

I probably do agree with you that AK doesn’t do anything right now, but I think that’s a mistake. Most GMs don’t accept defeat when it comes to their own decision making. Most GMs will try to make it work with “their guys” even if it is highly unlikely. If another GM were hired in place of AKME (not saying that’ll happen), they would in all likelihood make some major changes. It’s always easier to make bold and aggressive moves with another regimes players….but it’s usually the right move to do so.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What do you propose they do then in the off season? Vuc is a FA. Do they re-sign him or do they trade him now? Same goes for DeMar. Keep him for another year or maximize his trade value now?

I probably do agree with you that AK doesn’t do anything right now, but I think that’s a mistake. Most GMs don’t accept defeat when it comes to their own decision making. Most GMs will try to make it work with “their guys” even if it is highly unlikely. If another GM were hired in place of AKME (not saying that’ll happen), they would in all likelihood make some major changes. It’s always easier to make bold and aggressive moves with another regimes players….but it’s usually the right move to do so.
To your last point first, just look at what AKME did with the previous regime's players. Of course now we can laugh at them for being fools in hindsight as Lauri tears it up in Utah while the Bulls look like they're priming the Magic for several shots at the tank for Wemby sweepstakes, but that's too harsh a take imo. AKME went bold when they took over and it didn't pan out.

Franky, I agree with you in that waiting til the offseason is too late, but that's just how I feel it will end up.

Vuc I think you might still be able to S&T somewhere for an equivalently meh return. He's not as worthless as Bulls fans think him to be, but we're not getting anything near what we gave up for him.

Similarly Demar is going to fetch you something half decent. The tricky thing will be finding a team that feels like he can give them some extra oomph to get over the hump and contend for real that also has a draft pick that we could use right away. Like Dallas or something (idk if they actually have a pick and Demar is probably actually a terrible fit there).

You're probably stuck with Zach like it or not. I don't think it's franchise crippling, and given this is a rebuild effort anyway, Zach just gets to again be the best player on a bad team. Perhaps down the line he can get moved too, but I don't see him going anywhere for a few years.

You can move Caruso anywhere you'd like, but just not sure what sort of return you'd get for him. May you take a flyer on some young guy not getting any PT that you feel could do something given minutes, kind of like we see with Bol Bol in Orlando now (wow Orlando suddenly looks like they have an amazing FO doesn't it). You could even try to move him for a bad contract and a pick as in this scenario you've offloaded Vuc and Demar elsewhere.

The rest of the guys are inconsequential returns really. Who knows what Coby gets you, he's been on the trade market for like 2.5 years. Their contracts are all small and interchangeable anyway.

I've ignored Lonzo, he's probably untradeable.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
To your last point first, just look at what AKME did with the previous regime's players. Of course now we can laugh at them for being fools in hindsight as Lauri tears it up in Utah while the Bulls look like they're priming the Magic for several shots at the tank for Wemby sweepstakes, but that's too harsh a take imo. AKME went bold when they took over and it didn't pan out.

Franky, I agree with you in that waiting til the offseason is too late, but that's just how I feel it will end up.

Vuc I think you might still be able to S&T somewhere for an equivalently meh return. He's not as worthless as Bulls fans think him to be, but we're not getting anything near what we gave up for him.

Similarly Demar is going to fetch you something half decent. The tricky thing will be finding a team that feels like he can give them some extra oomph to get over the hump and contend for real that also has a draft pick that we could use right away. Like Dallas or something (idk if they actually have a pick and Demar is probably actually a terrible fit there).

You're probably stuck with Zach like it or not. I don't think it's franchise crippling, and given this is a rebuild effort anyway, Zach just gets to again be the best player on a bad team. Perhaps down the line he can get moved too, but I don't see him going anywhere for a few years.

You can move Caruso anywhere you'd like, but just not sure what sort of return you'd get for him. May you take a flyer on some young guy not getting any PT that you feel could do something given minutes, kind of like we see with Bol Bol in Orlando now (wow Orlando suddenly looks like they have an amazing FO doesn't it). You could even try to move him for a bad contract and a pick as in this scenario you've offloaded Vuc and Demar elsewhere.

The rest of the guys are inconsequential returns really. Who knows what Coby gets you, he's been on the trade market for like 2.5 years. Their contracts are all small and interchangeable anyway.

I've ignored Lonzo, he's probably untradeable.

I liked AKME being bold. I think most people liked the Vuc trade at the time. The problem is, it just didn’t work out as planned. He never gelled with this team and BD as he needed for the trade to be worth it. If you make that deal, you need more than 1 playoff win and what’s looking like a sub .500 team this year and out of the playoffs. Time to be bold again and cash Vuc/DeMar out. Give Williams, Terry, and Green more minutes. Bulls will be bad, but at least it will make sense lol….if they can keep their Magic pick and stock other 1sts, there would be reason for some optimism and excitement about the future.

I’m very curious to see how AKME reacts. Bulls could very easily end up winless in November. This is not a time to sit on their hands. A good FO makes a move, IMO. The writing has been on the wall going back to last year and it’s looking just as bad this year. Do something……..

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked AKME being bold. I think most people liked the Vuc trade at the time. The problem is, it just didn’t work out as planned. He never gelled with this team and BD as he needed for the trade to be worth it. If you make that deal, you need more than 1 playoff win and what’s looking like a sub .500 team this year and out of the playoffs. Time to be bold again and cash Vuc/DeMar out. Give Williams, Terry, and Green more minutes. Bulls will be bad, but at least it will make sense lol….if they can keep their Magic pick and stock other 1sts, there would be reason for some optimism and excitement about the future.

I’m very curious to see how AKME reacts. Bulls could very easily end up winless in November. This is not a time to sit on their hands. A good FO makes a move, IMO. The writing has been on the wall going back to last year and it’s looking just as bad this year. Do something……..
They won in November vs the raptors. It happens to be the last time they won a game

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d start with DeRozan, Vuc, LaVine, White, Caruso and then go from there. Burn this bitch down
It’s pretty sad that they had the opportunity to make a splash move and we inch closer to the inevitable “burn it down” to the ground because they sat on their hands with 12 players but couldn’t wait to jettison Lauri Markennan.