Tom Thayer unloads on Justin Fields' last four games "If Justin doesn't scramble anymore the rest of the season I don't care."

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You and so many line

What help did Zach Wilson get?

Trevor Lawrence got "help" in the form of Christian Kirk oh boy ?

But yes declarative statements based on fact.

Here let me give you one that's easy.

Four QBs in the history of the NFL have started two or more Super Bowl games and not been elected to the Hall of Fame. Eli Manning may make it that one is still up for debate.

Big Ben will make it so I don't add him nor do I add Brady or Mahomes because they will assuredly make it.

Every other QB that's made it to the Super Bowl and started twice is in the Hall of Fame or will be outside of Eli Manning Joe Theisman Ken Stabler and Craig Morton.

You want Justin Fields to appear in more than one Super Bowl? He better start trending towards a Hall of Fame QB.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame QB, you better surround him with a bunch of Hall of Fame level players on offense and defense to get him to one Super Bowl.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame level QB then what the hell are we doing? Lounging in mediocrity?

The fact that this board seems to lack the understanding of just how important the QB position is in and of itself speaks volumes.
You do understand that Super Bowl winning teams have pro bowl caliber players all over on both sides of the field. You get that right? If you want the bears to win a Super Bowl they need significantly better plays almost everywhere.

Do the bears have any pro bowl caliber players besides fields? Not even mahomes could carry this team.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This isn't about the big picture. It's strictly about what Justin Fields is failing at.

I don't blame Justin Fields for David Montgomery averaging 3.9 a carry while Herbert is averaging 6.0 a carry.

No one else is afforded the excuses Justin Fields is afforded. Is it Darnell Mooney's fault his production has fallen off? Is it Cole Kmet's fault his yards have fallen off.

You'll stick up for Justin Fields but no one else?
Are you asking if he thinks Mooney and Kmet would benefit from an offense that has a better pass blocking offensive line? Or another elite wide receiver that would take pressure off of them in the secondary?

I’d say so… but that’s just me.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You and so many line

Zach Wilson has a first round wr, 2nd round wr, gave Corey Davis a nice contract. A 1st round OG, signed a good LT and he has a top defense in the league.

Jacksonville has spent a ton of money on offense whether it was productive spending or not. They also drafted his rb from college in rd 1 who is a dynamic player and have built a pretty good OL.

But carry on ignoring facts because you are fat and dumb.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
You and so many line

But yes declarative statements based on fact.

Here let me give you one that's easy.

Four QBs in the history of the NFL have started two or more Super Bowl games and not been elected to the Hall of Fame. Eli Manning may make it that one is still up for debate.

Big Ben will make it so I don't add him nor do I add Brady or Mahomes because they will assuredly make it.

Every other QB that's made it to the Super Bowl and started twice is in the Hall of Fame or will be outside of Eli Manning Joe Theisman Ken Stabler and Craig Morton.

You want Justin Fields to appear in more than one Super Bowl? He better start trending towards a Hall of Fame QB.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame QB, you better surround him with a bunch of Hall of Fame level players on offense and defense to get him to one Super Bowl.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame level QB then what the hell are we doing? Lounging in mediocrity?

The fact that this board seems to lack the understanding of just how important the QB position is in and of itself speaks volumes.
Spare me the condescension. To answer your questions:

Zach Wilson got Breece Hall (RB), Laken Tomlinson (G) CJ Uzomah (TE), Garrett Wilson (WR) and Tyler Conklin (TE). He also had an OL taken in round 1 the same year he was drafted and Elijah Moore (WR) taken in round 2.

Trevor Lawrence got Christian Kirk (WR), Brandon Scherff (OG) Evan Engram, (TE) and Zay Jones (WR) all in free agency. In 2021, they drafted Travis Etienne (RB) who has put up just under 1k total yards so far this season. They also added Marvin Jones Jr. (WR) in 2021's free agency.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I can't believe the Bears 2nd year QB hasn't already started TWO super bowls already. BUST!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Zach Wilson has a first round wr, 2nd round wr, gave Corey Davis a nice contract. A 1st round OG, signed a good LT and he has a top defense in the league.

Jacksonville has spent a ton of money on offense whether it was productive spending or not. They also drafted his rb from college in rd 1 who is a dynamic player and have built a pretty good OL.

But carry on ignoring facts because you are fat and dumb.
I think you'll notice how he will never deny that he is indeed 1. Fat and 2. Dumb.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Take another hit, the bong resin in your brain has made you a junior high kid again.
So is Siemen going to play better than Fields and what are you grading him by?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Going into the season a ton of people who cover the NFL, cover the Bears and cover sports in general talked about how Fields has been put in a position to fail and a handful of idiot fans are mad that he’s only scoring 30 points a game by being the best athlete on the field. Waaaaahhh more pocket passes.
Sounds about white

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But what is Thayer's opinion of Musty?
Mustipher has far outperformed expectations. He's far and away been one of the most valuable players in the NFL.

Why? He's an undrafted free agent. He should not have made the team but he did. He's played well at times and he's been God awful at other times. He was supposed to be relegated to a backup role but due to injuries has been forced into a starting role.

He's not an ideal player right now and may never be but if he keeps playing like this as a backup they need to keep him on the roster.

His experience is invaluable.

Yeah absolutely he's been the worst offensive lineman on the team this year and he's been horrible at times. But he's a UDFA and the expectations for him should be in line with that.
Props to him for playing in the face of this type of adversity.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Mustipher has far outperformed expectations. He's far and away been one of the most valuable players in the NFL.

Why? He's an undrafted free agent. He should not have made the team but he did. He's played well at times and he's been God awful at other times. He was supposed to be relegated to a backup role but due to injuries has been forced into a starting role.

He's not an ideal player right now and may never be but if he keeps playing like this as a backup they need to keep him on the roster.

Yeah absolutely he's been the worst offensive lineman on the team this year and he's been horrible at times. But he's a UDFA and the expectations for him should be in line with that.
Is this a serious post? It's unfathomable how stupid it is.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This whole time i thought you were just dumb but this post is at a level so bad that im starting to think you've been doing a really awful bit.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

So because Justin fields was a 1st round pick he should play like mahomes, but a UDFA playing like shit gets a pass and his ‘experience is invaluable’ because he is a UDFA…. Fckn called this failure logic in a different thread. Absolutely moronic.