NFC North - Upside Down Future

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Things are changing in the next 1-3 years in the NFC North:
Green Bay -
old dis-interested QB, cap hell, poor team chemistry & culture, HC is in over his head,
you can't let the QB chew your ass on the sideline, LT is older and always injured,
both RB's are getting injured more often and Dillion has been awful all year,
not big FA players. With the cap situation they're done for awhile.
Vikings -
Cap hell like Packers, most key players are getting older except for J. Jefferson,
Cousins was topped out years ago, etc.
Lions -
Good solid player base, good HC and young OC, lot's of draft picks which they're been hitting on,
QB is average and hit his ceiling. These guys will move ahead of the Pack & Vikes.
Bears -
Loads of cap space for rebuild, draft picks finally, exciting QB and several 25 or less year old key pieces,
I believe have a good GM and HC. Guys play hard and don't quit. Make smart FA moves and hit
some draft pieces and the future looks bright.

I think the new world order in the North will be - Bears, Lions, Vikings and Packers.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Green Bay -
old dis-interested QB, cap hell, poor team chemistry & culture, HC is in over his head,

you can't let the QB chew your ass on the sideline, LT is older and always injured,
Vikings -
Cap hell like Packers, most key players are getting older except for J. Jefferson,
Lions -
Good solid player base, good HC and young OC, lot's of draft picks which they're been hitting on,
QB is average and hit his ceiling. These guys will move ahead of the Pack & Vikes.
Bears -
Loads of cap space for rebuild, draft picks finally, exciting QB and several 25 or less year old key pieces,
I believe have a good GM and HC. Guys play hard and don't quit. Make smart FA moves and hit

I think the new world order in the North will be - Bears, Lions, Vikings and Packers.
Wouldn't that be something........................Bears and Lions fighting it out for first place rather than last place.

NFC North will be up for grabs in 2023.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
Once Rodgers moves off Green Bay the Packers are going to struggle to be a top tier team. The organization has had a REMARKABLE multi-decade run with Favre and now Rodgers. Both of those guys were multiple MVP winners. Life will be very different for the Packers with Jordan Love and I very much look forward to that.

I agree with you that the Bears could be the future of the division. It all comes down to Fields and whether Poles can surround him with the right pieces.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Green Bay -

Vikings -
Lions -
Bears -

This is spot on with the possible exception of the Lions having a good coach. National media loved him a year ago while he won 3. This year at 1-7 they shut up. But any coach high on testosterone vs intelligence seems to win over fans. See: Ditka, Mike

46plank

Liked Posts:
Don’t get too excited yet. I love JF1, and some of the young guys, but this team has a lot of holes to fill before they can be a good team, let alone great.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We are in the best situation of the N teams. Young QB, Good draft picks, great cap space. I'm not crowning the Bears but I would rather be in our position then the rest right now.

Bust

Liked Posts:
We are in the best situation of the N teams. Young QB, Good draft picks, great cap space. I'm not crowning the Bears but I would rather be in our position then the rest right now.

with the resources given, Poles has no excuse next season for sure. He has to find impact starters on both sides of the ball. As it stands, bears have too many "just a guy" players.

That being said. Did Claypool forget to run routes or get open?

2 seconds gone. Ben rarely had 4 seconds (newb expectations of the bears o line).

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Don’t get too excited yet. I love JF1, and some of the young guys, but this team has a lot of holes to fill before they can be a good team, let alone great.
Thing that gives me hope is that with a team with so little talent, they've pretty much been in every game. The Vikings, Packers and Lions have all been blown out.

Lots of games have just ended with a bad bounce for the Bears. With more talent, one would think they could get over the hump and turn those losses into wins.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On paper your post seems about right but it doesn't take much for things to change. A window opens, a couple of years burdened with injuries, and then that window closes. Right now the overall team is 3-8, and that is probably gonna get worse.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Campbell is not a good HC. Sorry he hasn’t proven shit other than crying at press conferences and meatball sound bites. His situational game decisions are awful.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread has been made every year for the past 10 years.
They haven't had this many draft picks + cap space in the last 10 years.

But what they do with it all remains to be seen.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
More holes to fill than @nc0gnet0 s mom on Penny pitcher night at the tavern