***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Fields did have a couple of brilliant passes today, but I fear he's still struggling to let it rip. No sacks today, the o-line not a huge issue, still not much in the way of passing. I know there are some that felt Getsy sabotaged the offense on purpose ( to get a higher draft pick?). But c'mon, those late INTs hurt the chances of a win.

Also, can a reasonable mod pin a thread for "Justin Fields critiques," so the community is inclusive of all Bears fans? Because some of us aren't sold on JF yet.

*I can guarantee the posters who supposedly hate us will still post in said thread. Fans love to argue football, and one mod has decided to censor Fields critiques like the second coming of Urblock.

@Penny Traitor

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jenkins had a bad game for a change. 1st pick was 60*+ on the WR and 2nd was time to hang em out but he threw that late waiting for something else. I suspect you would have preferred he run because all were covered.:ROFLMAO:

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
The last pick was JF1 pressing b/c they down by 2 scores, bad throw there for sure
the 1st pick, it would be nice if scrub 19 could get out of his break faster than a mom doing a 3 point turn in a minivan... so slow

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fields did have a couple of brilliant passes today, but I fear he's still struggling to let it rip. No sacks today, the o-line not a huge issue, still not much in the way of passing. I know there are some that felt Getsy sabotaged the offense on purpose ( to get a higher draft pick?). But c'mon, those late INTs hurt the chances of a win.

Also, can a reasonable mod pin a thread for "Justin Fields critiques," so the community is inclusive of all Bears fans? Because some of us aren't sold on JF yet.

*I can guarantee the posters who supposedly hate us will still post in said thread. Fans love to argue football, and one mod has decided to censor Fields critiques like the second coming of Urblock.

@Penny Traitor
:brady:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Fact is the 2022 Bears Offense have gotten the ball numerous times this season with plenty of time left on the clock to close out games. Each time those drives sputtered before it even got started, lol

Look at all these close games. WOW! imagine a 4 game swing and what it would have done for team momentum. coulda, shoulda, woulda

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The o-line is a blanket excuse that you guys use to justify everything.

O-line was fine today. Jenkins played bad. Fields played a very good game. Claypool fumbles, St.Brown runs a garbage route. I've criticized Fields plenty for not throwing with anticipation. When he does, that's what happens. Even on the long throw St. brown couldn't catch a perfect pass cleanly.

The Bears have terrible receivers, a solid tight end, a mediocre running back and a below average line.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Fact is the 2022 Bears Offense have gotten the ball numerous times this season with plenty of time left on the clock to close out games. Each time those drives sputtered before it even got started, lol

Look at all these close games. WOW! imagine a 4 game swing and what it would have done for team momentum. coulda, shoulda, woulda

Rather have a top 2 pick.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The interceptions piss me off so much because it ruined what was shaping up to be his best passing performance of the season. That it came against the Packers makes it sting even more.

I think it's more than fair to start questioning Fields in 4th quarters of games now. He had caught a lot of bad breaks earlier in the year with drops, mental mistakes, and bad officiating, but the last few meltdowns aren't as easy to pin on the other guys anymore. He couldn't get rid of the ball against Detroit, he threw a bad ball to Montgomery that ends up being deflected and picked, and now he throws 2 more picks to the Packers at the end where they had a real shot at winning.

For the "Who cares about comeback wins when they are tanking crowd", I think this is an example of why it does matter. If you lose enough times like this, at some point, it has to become mental, and I feel like right now it's mental for Fields. This is the 2nd consecutive game for him that he's thrown game ending interceptions. He couldn't get a single 1st down at the end against DET either. What started off initially as just some bad breaks with guys dropping passes and making mental errors has now suddenly morphed into the quarterback maybe beginning to doubt himself a bit when he sees the same thing over and over again.

I'm cautiously optimistic still about Fields future, but these 4th quarter struggles are starting to alarm me as the weeks go by. The excuses have to stop eventually. Maybe all it takes is one comeback victory. It's just frustrating that it hasn't happened yet in almost 2 seasons for him.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I don’t mind going all out to beat the Packers even if we are out of the playoffs. Bring in your starting QB even if it was probably better to sit him. Also have him run even though he just came back from an injury. I’m fine with that. But now that we are done playing the packers, and we know what Fields can do with his legs, I would just focus on pocket passing with him from here on out. These next games are just practice. That’s where he needs more practice at.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He does still throw the ball late imo but his first int was an anticipation throw and the route was poor as hell. It was shaping to be a great day for him passing wise but the two ints will look ugly