Chase Claypool - Is he a bust?

msadows

Liked Posts:
How do you guys feel about him so far? He is @remydat 's chosen one at WR, so I expected a lot more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How do you guys feel about him so far? He is @remydat 's chosen one at WR, so I expected a lot more.
Don't know if he's a bust yet but still standing by he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick and definitely not our own 2nd which will be top 5.

Remy says he is so i hope he's right on this one cause that 2nd is a huge loss for us. Talking about a day one starter on a rookie deal.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I like him. He has not played like I hope yet, but I have hope still. Really when we get a legit No.1 this guy and Moonpie will be weapons.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Toooo early to tell. Dudes very talented and i think can be great but i see him as an elite #2 WR. We need a stud for him to play off of. WR #1, Claypoole and Mooney if healthy can be a nice trio. Dont sleep on Harry either.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The early returns are terrible. He's been largely invisible since he got here. The majority of his plays so far have been at or behind the line of scrimmage. He hasn't had a single "wow" moment, and his ability (or should I say inability) to go up and high point the ball in traffic is just as non-existent as Steelers fans claimed it was.

I'm going to refrain from any final judgement until next season, but holy fuck, this is going much worse than I think just about anybody could have expected. The Steelers are going to get essentially a late 1st round pick out of this. If Poles wasn't gifted Justin Fields, I'm not sure when the Bears would ever be good again with as many awful decisions that are being made from a supposed talent evaluator. Just about ever one of his acquisitions this year have been terrible.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The move was made for next season, so it's to early to tell but the early returns are not good.

Reactions: chi

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think it’s a good idea for the front office to make final player determinations after about 5 games or so. Most successful general managers operate in that capacity.

OK, but what is the fun in that?

How are we going to go back and do a #calledit unless you put it on the line in front of CCS here?

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Give a player a chance, this offense wasn't actually setting the league on fire. You guys are probably 3 minute guys in bed also.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm willing to give it more time, the structure of the Bears offense besides a few pieces is dog shit right now; but going from what I've seen so far I don't think this was worth an early 2nd round pick.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You get a guy 6'4", but with only one year left on his deal like Mooney... I kind of wish he was only in year two because now you have to decide if you go with him Mooney and if you still draft someone high, you still need to consider whoever that is who's play you are taking from? A lot of options, but by no means, is any of these options needing to start next year. Best player plays period.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Give a player a chance, this offense wasn't actually setting the league on fire. You guys are probably 3 minute guys in bed also.

I think that you can still believe he'll end up contributing while acknowledging that currently he is not. He doesn't even seem to know where he's supposed to line up.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
You get a guy 6'4", but with only one year left on his deal like Mooney... I kind of wish he was only in year two because now you have to decide if you go with him Mooney and if you still draft someone high, you still need to consider whoever that is who's play you are taking from? A lot of options, but by no means, is any of these options needing to start next year. Best player plays period.

Mooney is way better than Claypool. Hopefully the injury isn't anything long term.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We won't know the story on Claypool till next year. He's still learning this offense.