**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
What’s the good news on Eddie Jackson?
Here is some good news for Jackson, who visited teammates in the locker room after Sunday’s game wearing a walking boot and using a scooter: A source said he won’t require surgery.

Not all Lisfranc injuries lead to the operating room. Kreutz had a “stable” Lisfranc injury and did not need surgery, which of course is preferable. The amazing thing about his injury, which happened on the second snap of the third quarter when Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett threw right tackle J’Marcus Webb on the back of Kreutz’s legs at the end of a run play, is that he not only finished the game, but also didn’t miss a snap.

“I actually thought I broke my leg,” Kreutz said. “That’s what it felt like. I went up (after the series) and told (offensive coordinator) Mike Tice, ‘I think I broke my leg.’”

When Tice asked if he could finish the game, Kreutz said he told him he could, “but there were certain things I cannot do.”

“When B.J. Raji takes off for the end zone (on his interception return), you see me try to limp after him,” Kreutz said. “It’s a torn ligament in your foot. Awful.”

The Packers went on to win 21-14. Had the Bears won and advanced to Super Bowl XLV, Kreutz would not have been available. He was 33 at the time and in the final year of his contract, and when the lockout ended the following summer, he signed with the New Orleans Saints. It’s possible the Bears’ low offer was based in part on Kreutz returning from a serious injury.

“Even without the surgery, the rehabilitation was brutal,” Kreutz said. “I couldn’t have played in the Super Bowl if we would have won that game.

“Eddie will recover. He has tons of time. It’s so different now. Rehab is so much better than it was before. If Eddie finds someone good and he attacks it, he’ll be back to 100%.”

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is some good news for Jackson, who visited teammates in the locker room after Sunday’s game wearing a walking boot and using a scooter: A source said he won’t require surgery.

Not all Lisfranc injuries lead to the operating room. Kreutz had a “stable” Lisfranc injury and did not need surgery, which of course is preferable. The amazing thing about his injury, which happened on the second snap of the third quarter when Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett threw right tackle J’Marcus Webb on the back of Kreutz’s legs at the end of a run play, is that he not only finished the game, but also didn’t miss a snap.

“I actually thought I broke my leg,” Kreutz said. “That’s what it felt like. I went up (after the series) and told (offensive coordinator) Mike Tice, ‘I think I broke my leg.’”

When Tice asked if he could finish the game, Kreutz said he told him he could, “but there were certain things I cannot do.”

“When B.J. Raji takes off for the end zone (on his interception return), you see me try to limp after him,” Kreutz said. “It’s a torn ligament in your foot. Awful.”

The Packers went on to win 21-14. Had the Bears won and advanced to Super Bowl XLV, Kreutz would not have been available. He was 33 at the time and in the final year of his contract, and when the lockout ended the following summer, he signed with the New Orleans Saints. It’s possible the Bears’ low offer was based in part on Kreutz returning from a serious injury.

“Even without the surgery, the rehabilitation was brutal,” Kreutz said. “I couldn’t have played in the Super Bowl if we would have won that game.

“Eddie will recover. He has tons of time. It’s so different now. Rehab is so much better than it was before. If Eddie finds someone good and he attacks it, he’ll be back to 100%.”
This is pretty huge news, as players need surgery for this type of injury in almost every case, and it’s often career altering. This still doesn’t mean he will definitely return to his pre-injury form, but the odds are better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“At that point, once you throw that ball, you anticipate the throw, and then, boom, he jumped it,” Fields said. “Really at that point, you’d like to see your receiver come back to the ball. We always try to tell our receivers that. The DBs, they want that pick each and every time. They’re gonna attack that ball. That’s just a timing throw, anticipated throw.”

Eberflus called it a “trust throw.” That’s a next-step throw for Fields, the anticipatory throws to a spot and having the confidence the receiver is going to make a play. We didn’t hear from St. Brown after the game. We won’t hear from Getsy until after the bye. For now, the blame is shifted more to the receiver than the quarterback.

“I just know what kind of concept it was,” Eberflus said. “Obviously (I’d) like him to break it up if he could. But step, you know, come back to the ball, etc. Have to go back and look at it.”

“I knew it was coming,” Alexander said. “One thing about that receiver that we played against, that I got the pick on, you’re going to know when he’s breaking down for his route. So I already knew. I envisioned it. It was almost like I was telepathic, because I seen it before it happened. Then when I broke, I was like, ‘Oh yeah.’”

“He’s just not as quick as some,” Alexander said. “He’s just kind of slow with it. He’s real slow. So it was just easy.”

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“At that point, once you throw that ball, you anticipate the throw, and then, boom, he jumped it,” Fields said. “Really at that point, you’d like to see your receiver come back to the ball. We always try to tell our receivers that. The DBs, they want that pick each and every time. They’re gonna attack that ball. That’s just a timing throw, anticipated throw.”

Eberflus called it a “trust throw.” That’s a next-step throw for Fields, the anticipatory throws to a spot and having the confidence the receiver is going to make a play. We didn’t hear from St. Brown after the game. We won’t hear from Getsy until after the bye. For now, the blame is shifted more to the receiver than the quarterback.

“I just know what kind of concept it was,” Eberflus said. “Obviously (I’d) like him to break it up if he could. But step, you know, come back to the ball, etc. Have to go back and look at it.”

“I knew it was coming,” Alexander said. “One thing about that receiver that we played against, that I got the pick on, you’re going to know when he’s breaking down for his route. So I already knew. I envisioned it. It was almost like I was telepathic, because I seen it before it happened. Then when I broke, I was like, ‘Oh yeah.’”

“He’s just not as quick as some,” Alexander said. “He’s just kind of slow with it. He’s real slow. So it was just easy.”
Damn, ESB eviscerated from every direction. But this is what happens when a #5 WR has to play meaningful snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.