**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Wow. That's a surprise considering he supposedly had issues with Kelly and the offense. LSU also historically (outside of 1 Burrow season) has QB issues
If he matures and balls out, which is likely, he is going to get paid as a high 1st

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If he matures and balls out, which is likely, he is going to get paid as a high 1st
Let's say he does mature, balls out and goes 10th. Same pick as Garrett Wilson this year. The money would look like this:

2024- 3.7M
2025- 4.67M
2026- 5.6M
2027- 6.5M
2028- 5th year option ~ 9.7M

If he came out this year and went say, 52nd where George Pickens went

2023- 1.2M
2024- 1.5M
2025- 1.8M
2026- 2.15M
2027- while he would have only made 6.7M in this scenario vs. 14M by 2026 if he goes top 10 next year, he would be eligible for a really big pay day 2 years earlier if he comes out this year. Granted, he could get extended early on option 1, but this is kind of best vs worst case scenario. He could have had a big combine and still gone in the mid-to-late 1st, which would make a huge salary difference. He could get hurt again next year (has been hurt every year at LSU) or get lost in next year's class with Harrison Jr, Worthy, his own teammate Thomas, or Williams at USC (will be the #1 with a Heisman QB coming back) and go later than top 10. He'll also get NIL money, but it's quite a gamble to bet on himself and not take the guaranteed NFL money.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watching this Saints Buccaneers game I just realized there are a lot of bad teams in the nfl right now

I like to believe that if Poles brought back Mack and didn’t trade anyone, this team would have easily competed for a playoff spot in the NFC. Problem is, they would have not been a contender

Status
Not open for further replies.