Bijon Robinson - can't miss prospect?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Barkley makes more sense if he hits the market. No draft picks required. Just DA money in an offseason when DUH Bears gotz plenty.

Giving an oft injured HB $15+ mil a season is a good way to put yourself back into the hole you just climbed out of. Let's all just agree that drafting a running back in the 1st round or paying a running back a lot of money are both stupid uses of resources.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The first cant miss prospect in this draft is Anderson, and Carter is the next best. Depending on what happens in free agency, and if this team ca get a premium return on a trade back, Robinson would be a fantastic choice.

Fields and a dangerous running game are complimentary to each other. The dangerous running game opens up passing options that otherwise are not available. That any down and distance, we have options for Fields to take off or to dump it off to a RB that can take it the distance, is part of this offensive identity. If this team trades back, Montgomery leaves in free agency, and significant amounts of money have been invested in the offensive and defensive lines, then I would vote to grab Robinson if only because I think he is the beast weapon.

Even if fields had an all star cast all around him, this team is still going to run more than it passes. A premier RB is a fantastic choice, so take the kid and let history vindicate the choice.

I see where your head is at. But I'd have to see some big splash free agents before they trade back and grab Robinson.
If they signed Hargrave(DL) from the Eagles and Jenkins(OL) from the Packers, I'd have zero problems with them going after a trade in the draft.
That could possibly land Bijon Robinson and a player like Rashee Rice from SMU.
All that seems like a pipe dream though.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I think some team around the middle of the first is going to benefit huge from this guy.

Right now i'd have my eyes on Vegas at 10 having passed on Jacobs' option and Atlanta at #11.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I see where your head is at. But I'd have to see some big splash free agents before they trade back and grab Robinson.
If they signed Hargrave(DL) from the Eagles and Jenkins(OL) from the Packers, I'd have zero problems with them going after a trade in the draft.
That could possibly land Bijon Robinson and a player like Rashee Rice from SMU.
All that seems like a pipe dream though.
Bijon?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Why would the Bears, with all of their needs, with Monty and Herbert on the roster, ever consider drafting a RB in the first round?

This thread is a waste of the internet.

EDIT: Why are our Orlando posters this way?
Monty is NOT a starter.

Herbert has hands of fine particle board and doesn’t block. We may let both walk.

Bijan is not JUST a RB. He may be a better wideout than the other WRs in the first round.

So, just maybe know what you’re talking about or stfu? Shall we?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think some team around the middle of the first is going to benefit huge from this guy.

Right now i'd have my eyes on Vegas at 10 having passed on Jacobs' option and Atlanta at #11.
I don’t think he gets by Vegas or Dallas. I think the glut of FA RBs is because teams anticipate getting to draft Bijan due to draft positional value group think.
He may go top 10, because there’s no comparable talent per position like him apart from Carter in this draft.

It is a weak OL class.
The best pass rusher is an undersized 3-4 OLB. I think he gets supplanted by the underwear Olympics.
We really don’t need to draft a DB in the first. The fanbase’d have Poles’ head if he makes his first three picks in two drafts DBs.
The WRs in the first are so overrated: you got a speed guy, a size guy, and a slot guy who underperformed and was often injured.
So, apart from the transcendent talent of Carter, the other players are valuable because of position and less because of the player.

A first round draft pick needs to be a difference maker and a pro bowl player, not just a starter. I wouldn’t touch this class’ OL in the first — an undersized Scrappy Doo who MIGHT be able to PLAY T and the kid from Ohio State. Yeah reaches.

As the run up and hype happens, watch Bijan skyrocket.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
In the event of a severe trade back from Poles, then yes. I still love the idea of Barkley if the contract is reasonable. Save the draft resources for other needs.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Barkley makes more sense if he hits the market. No draft picks required. Just DA money in an offseason when DUH Bears gotz plenty.

I'm not sold on the "gotz plenty" talk. They have basically an entire team to sign and can't get dumb as they'll have to hand out a Mahomes like deal in a couple years.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
That is kind of what I am seeing.

Positional value and durability will take him out if top 10 but he is an instant offensive upgrade for many teams.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Giving an oft injured HB $15+ mil a season is a good way to put yourself back into the hole you just climbed out of. Let's all just agree that drafting a running back in the 1st round or paying a running back a lot of money are both stupid uses of resources.

This^^^^

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Would you take Deebo Samuel in the top 10?

Marshall Faulk?

He is that type of prospect. Not saying he will be that good, but players who can run and receive at elite levels are worth a top 10 pick, especially in a mediocre top end draft like this one.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

um the bears are what 3-10? they havent climb out of shit.

being that barkley is oft injured.. im not offering 15 mil. plus im writing in outs as early as yr 3. the rb1 from ohio st was a decent use of a 1st right? stupid, is limiting the ideas.. always an exception to da rules.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
um the bears are what 3-10? they havent climb out of shit.

being that barkley is oft injured.. im not offering 15 mil. plus im writing in outs as early as yr 3. the rb1 from ohio st was a decent use of a 1st right? stupid, is limiting the ideas.. always an exception to da rules.

He’s obviously referring to the financial hole they just climbed out of.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Marshall Faulk?

He is that type of prospect. Not saying he will be that good, but players who can run and receive at elite levels are worth a top 10 pick, especially in a mediocre top end draft like this one.
This. With all the holes I dont think I’d draft him top 10. But after a trade down where they pick up another pick in 20-30 range? All over it.

All depends on what happens with Monty but Robinson’s threat as a runner and as a receiver out of the backfield would be great to watch.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would the Bears, with all of their needs, with Monty and Herbert on the roster, ever consider drafting a RB in the first round?

This thread is a waste of the internet.

EDIT: Why are our Orlando posters this way?
Montgomery is a FA Gussy.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Marshall Faulk?

I love Bijan. He isn't close to Marshall Faulk. He's a very good running back prospect. Deebo is a receiver, don't even know why you bring him up.

I'd be cool with Gibbs in the 2nd if the Bears get a bunch of picks in a trade down.

I can't believe this is even an argument. Running backs are bad investments. Especially on teams with as many needs as the Bears have.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I live Bijan. He isn't close to Marshall Faulk. He's a very good running back prospect. Deebo is a receiver, don't even know why you bring him up.

I'd be cool with Gibbs in the 2nd if the Bears get a bunch of picks in a trade down.

I can't believe this is even an argument. Running backs are bad investments. Especially on teams with as many needs as the Bears have.
I bring up Deebo because Bijan is at least as good a route runner as Deebo was coming out, probably better. Same build. He project to be able to do what Deebo does.

There are several scouts who differ with your opinion on his vis a vie Faulk. Also doesn't matter the point is there are some RBs who are worth a top 10 pick.

Did I say the Bears should take him?

RBs are usually bad investments for a second deal. Drafting an elite one at 8 or 10 is fine.