Terrible year to have 1 billion for FA

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I was excited a few months ago that we’d get a big name wr and olinemen This is one of the worst years in recent history to have money to spend in free agency!

Stupid adam schefter article yesterday predicts we spend money on offense and draft defense!!!

That’s a terrible take as there are only 43 rb available in free agency and now another top guard is off the board. There’s literally maybe 2 really good players left in fa on offense and the draft this year isn’t overly exciting on that front either.

I see them spending most of the money on defense as a better strategy to be honest.

Timing unfortunately plays a huge part In sports and I just don’t see the team getting too much better through FA.

I see them trading a bunch of draft picks for 27 sixth and seventh rounders!! Just kidding and it probably is better strategy to build through the draft but the instant success won’t come next year.

Merry Christmas

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was excited a few months ago that we’d get a big name wr and olinemen This is one of the worst years in recent history to have money to spend in free agency!

Stupid adam schefter article yesterday predicts we spend money on offense and draft defense!!!

That’s a terrible take as there are only 43 rb available in free agency and now another top guard is off the board. There’s literally maybe 2 really good players left in fa on offense and the draft this year isn’t overly exciting on that front either.

I see them spending most of the money on defense as a better strategy to be honest.

Timing unfortunately plays a huge part In sports and I just don’t see the team getting too much better through FA.

I see them trading a bunch of draft picks for 27 sixth and seventh rounders!! Just kidding and it probably is better strategy to build through the draft but the instant success won’t come next year.

Merry Christmas

Imagine a scenario where the top QB is off the board at number one overall and then the other top QBs are viewed the same was as Kenny Pickett. Now imagine the Bears can't trade back and have one pick in the Top-50. Number two overall with Chase Claypool as your number one receiver next year.

The starting offensive tackles remain virtually the same Borom or a crusty veteran on his way out at RT.

The Bears get Anderson or Carter. Then that second round pick is on the same developmental curve as Kyler Gordon. Claypool Lazard and Mooney are your top receivers.

Go ahead and tell me how much better this team is next year. Justin Fields is going to have the Bears competing for a playoff spot next year? You mean to tell me the Bears are going to look like the Lions do right now?

This franchise is fucked. Poles isn't the dude and his tenure will be defined by the Claypool trade. Claypool is your number one? That's the trade value the Bears gave up for him. So you tell me you see a future in which Claypool goes for 80 1,200 and 10 in a season.

It's not happening and it might be another scenario where this is an Emery and Trestman tenure.

Nagy was so fucking bad that people are blinded to the fact that this team isn't much better. The offensive play calling in critical situations this year has been a fucking joke.

This team has been bailed out by Fields' legs. It's taken a historical performance with his legs to make the Bears seem exciting but they're one of the worst teams in the league.

There's no hope next year. The incompetence here is next level.

Y'all were right when you blasted Poles for passing on George Pickens. That says everything.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine a scenario where the top QB is off the board at number one overall and then the other top QBs are viewed the same was as Kenny Pickett. Now imagine the Bears can't trade back and have one pick in the Top-50. Number two overall with Chase Claypool as your number one receiver next year.

The starting offensive tackles remain virtually the same Borom or a crusty veteran on his way out at RT.

The Bears get Anderson or Carter. Then that second round pick is on the same developmental curve as Kyler Gordon. Claypool Lazard and Mooney are your top receivers.

Go ahead and tell me how much better this team is next year. Justin Fields is going to have the Bears competing for a playoff spot next year? You mean to tell me the Bears are going to look like the Lions do right now?

This franchise is fucked. Poles isn't the dude and his tenure will be defined by the Claypool trade. Claypool is your number one? That's the trade value the Bears gave up for him. So you tell me you see a future in which Claypool goes for 80 1,200 and 10 in a season.

It's not happening and it might be another scenario where this is an Emery and Trestman tenure.

Nagy was so fucking bad that people are blinded to the fact that this team isn't much better. The offensive play calling in critical situations this year has been a fucking joke.

This team has been bailed out by Fields' legs. It's taken a historical performance with his legs to make the Bears seem exciting but they're one of the worst teams in the league.

Y'all were right when you blasted Poles for passing on George Pickens. That says everything.
Well if this how you feel, then I’m going to go with the opposing point of view because that’s probably going to be more correct. So thanks for the optimism!

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I’m not even sure if I like poles yet but this is emo as fuck. Giving up a 2nd rounder defines his career? Lol okay please stay away from knives this Xmas

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

stfu fat boy

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need pass rushers, 3-tech, O-line help, another cb or nickel, sign Monty…

They can spend the money but should they?

Speed

Liked Posts:
They don't need to blow their load this offseason. I'm okay with a slow, but steady improvement.

I think we can tough it out one more year with these receivers. Hopefully Claypool gets it together, and they'll probably draft a guy. My main thing is keeping Justin from taking all of this unnecessary punishment. If he's upright, he can make some chicken shit, into chicken salad.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This team needs to build through the draft. Plus they don't have to spend all their cap space this offseason. They will add some pieces but expect there to be a ton of flexibility for the 2024 offseason.
Build through the draft? Yup, but you better have picks in the Top-50 if you want to find players that have the most impact over the longest possible term on your team.

So how excited was Ryan Poles with the talent in the 2023 NFL Draft? Oh he decides to trade a late first round pick value for Chase Claypool.

Claypool is the number one receiver on this team. That's who the Bears GM looked at and said to himself I have to have that guy over any other guy in the NFL Draft.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m not even sure if I like poles yet but this is emo as fuck. Giving up a 2nd rounder defines his career? Lol okay please stay away from knives this Xmas
Yes because when you spend a draft pick of such immense value to your team that says Poles sees that guy as his number one receiver.

How else do you see Claypool?

If you were to use that Top-35 pick in the NFL Draft on a wide receiver under the same circumstances you would want see that prospect as a number one would you not?

This isn't fucking rocket science. Poles traded away that pick for a guy he sees as a number one. Claypool isn't a number one he's barely a number two.

The Steelers couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Hate me and my content all you want but the reality is clear as day.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Build through the draft? Yup, but you better have picks in the Top-50 if you want to find players that have the most impact over the longest possible term on your team.

So how excited was Ryan Poles with the talent in the 2023 NFL Draft? Oh he decides to trade a late first round pick value for Chase Claypool.

Claypool is the number one receiver on this team. That's who the Bears GM looked at and said to himself I have to have that guy over any other guy in the NFL Draft.
The #33 pick in the draft has in fact never been a first round pick by round or value

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need pass rushers, 3-tech, O-line help, another cb or nickel, sign Monty…

They can spend the money but should they?
Pretty sure you have to spend the money... Collective bargaining agreement dictates a formula. If the Bears miss it, they have to wright checks to former players to cover.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Remember these good times holding J'marcus Webbs jock?

Oh I distinctly remember on this board all the Webb haters who so desperately wanted Emery to draft OT Jonathan Martin out of Stanford to be the starting LT. The same Webb haters that have been trolling the board non-stop for the last week. The same folks who wanted the Bears to move Carimi to LT, the same folks who wanted Derek Sherrod and on and on and on.

Where are those trolls now? Speak up now those of you who so desperately wanted Sherrod or Martin...I know you're on here just like you were on the old CBMB.

But you won't, you won't stand up as a Jonathan Martin lover....you'll read this article and remain silent in this thread, but you'll troll each and every time Webb gives up a sack in practice. Never mind that Kyle Long had one good practice last Sunday and hasn't had a practice equal to it since and has primarily struggled the rest of the week...no no we want Webb cut.

Yet somehow Webb is still here, much to the chagrin of all the other arm chair GMs who know so much more about football than Emery and for that matter know so much more than me.

Jonathan Martin still sucks

That's fucking laughable...Jonathan Scott was consistent with an E not with an A....consistently beaten. Scott gave up more hits on Jay Cutler in 1/3 the number of pass blocking snaps that Webb had all season. Scott was getting Cutler killed on a week to week basis and was particularly bad during the most important game of the season against the Vikings in Minnesota, you know the game where the season ended.

There are so many people on this board that think that Webb was abused in week one against the Colts last year by Dwight Freeney, but they fail to realize that it was Kellen Davis who was responsible for blocking Freeney when the abuse was happening. Davis gave up the first sack of the season not Webb.

The very next week it was Chris Spencer who was beaten on the first play of the game...but in the consensus mind of Bears fans that was Webb too.

If you manage to overcome that mental block then it becomes "Well Webb looked like shit against the 49ers" which is a factual statement, that leaves out the fact that Aldon Smith makes every NFL OT in the NFL look that bad on a week to week basis.

Then if you overcome that you have to overcome that Webb has been good more often in practice than he has been bad and when he looks bad he looks bad primarily against a player that might be one of the best pass rushers in the league next year in Corey Wootton.

If you read the article Jonathan Martin gets beat time and time again in practice not just one time here one time there....on just about every rep he takes Martin gets beat.

Webb gets beat once every other practice and it's the only thing any of the Bears beat writers tweets or reports about. Hell DJ Williams gets carted off the field and for 20 minutes not a single Bears beat writer noticed it. But if Webb gets beat it's the only thing they do notice.

What does Martin sucking have anything to do with Webb? It has everything to do with Webb...because it was nearly unanimous on this board that the Bears should have drafted Martin because he was still on the board. Just like it was nearly unanimous that the Bears should have drafted Mike Adams.

The point being since you can't figure it out, is that the people who constantly troll Webb on this board has screamed about so many of these rookie replacements and yet none of them have panned out.

This board is dominated by Webb hatred, Cutler hatred or love and no other real logical Bears discussion happens...and it's sad.

You don't know what the fuck I imply, you just make it up as you go. The point is that the vast majority, nearly unanimous, (I get it some don't know what nearly or almost means).

The point is everyone for the last three years has been begging for the Bears to draft Webb's replacement late in the first round...or even in the second round. Draft anyone because anyone is better than Webb and the simple answer is NO not EVERY ONE is better than Webb. There have been so many players drafted AFTER Webb in the first two to three rounds the last three drafts who are WAY WORSE than Webb.

The movement now is start Jordan Mills because obviously he's better than Webb. Another nearly unanimous section of this board thinks Webb has a 50-50 chance of losing his job....THAT TOO is downright laughable.