Terrible year to have 1 billion for FA

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's see what happens in real life, then worry about it.. before going all Jamestown.
I am watching what is happening in real life and two of the best offensive tackles available just signed extensions. Tell me who you want to start at RT next year.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some of you dopes need to let it play out.

A year ago, MOST people were bashing Jenkins as a bust in his first year, now most consider him the best lineman on the team.

The same ding dongs are already telling us Claypool is a bust as a Bear.

Give it time. Maybe he isn't worth that trade, or maybe with an offseason under his belt, he improves to a piece the offense needs.

Too many of you guys are full on Veruca Salt and want everything NOW!!!!!!!! Have some damn patience.

The growth of Jenkins and Fields over time has made you all look stupid, why not wait on the others just in case?
Claypool has three years of experience and the Steelers said they'd rather trade him rather than deal with him. That's not even in the same realm of evaluation as Jenkins.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Undoubtedly true, but the criticism seems to be the actual subpar way those resources are being utilized. Kind of like the Cubs blowing 250 million on an average shortstop and average pitcher. The Bears have checked the average wide receiver box already, now they just need to go and get their average DE through the draft at #2, I think they will
Nothing has happened yet .

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I am watching what is happening in real life and two of the best offensive tackles available just signed extensions. Tell me who you want to start at RT next year.
That's the thing: I have no clue. But I'm looking forward to them figuring it out with resources available and a year of development under their belts.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This is BS. You have no clue who will be available then or if they’ll be any good.
I've seen Claypool the last 1.5 years
I've heard how he views himself
His contract runs for another 19 games
This likely won't end well

I'd rather have that pick...esp from a gm who says he's building thru the draft.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

I'd rather have that pick...esp from a gm who says he's building thru the draft.
Another reach like Velus, not a good look for Poles.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Problem is we don't have the script.

It costs about 10 billion a year...
So all the lions need to do is pay 10 bil to win the Super Bowl? Maybe their dumb ass fans should stop buying billboards and use that money on the Super Bowl!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

So you know he’s been good for much of that.
Don’t you want confident players?
Good thing they have 2nd contracts
No one knows how this will end

Merry Christmas ?

greg23

Liked Posts:
So you know he’s been good for much of that.
Don’t you want confident players?
Good thing they have 2nd contracts
No one knows how this will end

Merry Christmas ?
Just so you know; he's been worse than Mooney last year + this...which projects as a #3 type wr

?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What players from the last 10 years that have been cut have the Bears signed in free agency have gone on to be good?
Why does this only apply to the Bears? I’m failing to see the relevance with a new front office staff. Are you really this fucking stupid?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why does this only apply to the Bears? I’m failing to see the relevance with a new front office staff. Are you really this fucking stupid?
This is a question about how often guys that have been cut turn into good players.

Every year the statement leading up to the end of training camp just wait until some these veterans get cut. You mean guys like Schofield? Guys like Reiff? Maybe another receiver like Harry?

Who are these guys that are going to make the Bears competitive? Who are the free agents to be that help this team? Alan Lazard? Orlando Brown Jr?

Just because the Bears have money to spend doesn't mean there are players to spend it on.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine being so fired up over a lousy billion dollars Christmas week and now Xmas eve. As long as Fields stays healthy, it's easy to be optimistic about next year.

Then again, I have casks of red wine, figgy pudding and a family that loves me.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'll be more pissed if they do spend all their free agent money in one offseason. Unless the GM truly believes a guy is a perfect fit for what they want to do, I'd hope for a lot of overpay one year deals. If they believe they're a great fit long term, then fine. But don't overspend just to win a day in March. Spend smartly and a team can take 3-4 years to build up the roster. If I see a bunch of 3 year deals, I'll admittedly be disappointed. Rather overpay for 1 year than be stuck with a non contributor a couple years down the line.