New Year Mock Off Season

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Free Agency

Bears sign DT Da'Ron Payne to 5 years 75 million

25 year old Daron Payne might be the number one defensive lineman the Chicago Bears should pursue, and it’s probably not even close. Payne has only missed one game for Washington and has been a consistent problem for opposing offensive lines throughout his career.

2410-63729-original.jpg

Bears sign DE Yannick Ngakoue to 4 years 60 million

Ngakoue hasn't find a home in the NFL he's played for the Vikings, Jaguars, Raiders, Colts, and the Ravens. He excels at one thing and that's getting the QB he can't do much else but Eberflus is smart enough to game plan on what he does best.

-How-Dominant-Colts_-Yannick-Ngakoue-Was-Last-Year.jpg

Bears sign C Ethan Pocic to 4 years 30 million

Recently reactivated from IR after a knee injury and coming off his best year of his career after having a troubled career. The 27 year old Pocic may have finally put it all together and Bears are desperate for a center so this could be a win for the Bears.

driqhak6qjogkfszus7y.jpg

Draft

1 [2] DE Will Anderson Jr [Alabama] 6'4 243lbs

Anderson is the type of generational athlete that could transform an entire organization. Chicago should explore the option of trading down but if they stay put Will Anderson Jr should be the pick even though the Bears should be building around JF.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 [] WR Cedric Tillman [Tennessee] 6'3 215lbs

He missed some time this season from injuries but he is a big bodied WR that plays very physical and will catch those 1 on 1 balls against defensive backs

usa_today_19069683.jpg

3 [] OT Dawand Jones [Ohio State] 6'8 360lbs

His teammate Paris Johnson is getting a lot of love this off season but right tackle Dawand Jones shouldn't be overlooked.

D8EnBHyXUAcMA90?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Round 4, Pick 104: iOL Luke Wypler, Ohio State​

Round 4, Pick 134: iOL Steve Avila, TCU​

Round 5, Pick 138: WR Jayden Reed, Michigan State​

Round 5, Pick 153: DL Moro Ojomo, Texas​

Round 7, Pick 220: LB Darius Muasau, UCLA​

Round 7, Pick 259: CB Al Blades, Miami​

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Free Agency

25 year old Daron Payne might be the number one defensive lineman the Chicago Bears should pursue, and it’s probably not even close. Payne has only missed one game for Washington and has been a consistent problem for opposing offensive lines throughout his career.

View attachment 25041

Ngakoue hasn't find a home in the NFL he's played for the Vikings, Jaguars, Raiders, Colts, and the Ravens. He excels at one thing and that's getting the QB he can't do much else but Eberflus is smart enough to game plan on what he does best.

View attachment 25042

Recently reactivated from IR after a knee injury and coming off his best year of his career after having a troubled career. The 27 year old Pocic may have finally put it all together and Bears are desperate for a center so this could be a win for the Bears.

View attachment 25043

Draft

Anderson is the type of generational athlete that could transform an entire organization. Chicago should explore the option of trading down but if they stay put Will Anderson Jr should be the pick even though the Bears should be building around JF.

View attachment 25044

He missed some time this season from injuries but he is a big bodied WR that plays very physical and will catch those 1 on 1 balls against defensive backs

View attachment 25045

His teammate Paris Johnson is getting a lot of love this off season but right tackle Dawand Jones shouldn't be overlooked.

View attachment 25046

Not bad but I don't think Jones fit the profile of what we look for in OL, pretty slow, I understand he has long arms and can recover but doesn't move well enough for the Bears. I'm a huge Buckeye fan as well but I'd pass. I'd also try to get another WR in the draft with many of the other holes plugged by FA's.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’ll take it even though I would like a trade down. Get Paris Johnson and maybe Murphy from Clemson

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Not bad but I don't think Jones fit the profile of what we look for in OL, pretty slow, I understand he has long arms and can recover but doesn't move well enough for the Bears. I'm a huge Buckeye fan as well but I'd pass. I'd also try to get another WR in the draft with many of the other holes plugged by FA's.
I think Darnell Wright would be a better fit.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Free Agency

View attachment 25041

View attachment 25042

View attachment 25043

Draft

View attachment 25044

View attachment 25045

View attachment 25046

I love the signings. I’d be okay with drafting Anderson, but I lean towards Carter due to the value of a pass rushing DT. I would prefer a trade down, but, again, Anderson can straight wreck shit. I do think he’s a bit overrated, but he would be a solid pick.

I would like to have seen you take a swipe at RB with the 4-5th picks. It’s an extraordinary class. Getting a good RB once a year with a day 2-3 pick should be the norm.

I have to agree: I don’t think Jones fits the profile.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Replace Yannick with Elgton Jenkins and this offseason would be a grand slam.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well fuck...

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I don't mind getting Payne, but I really have to question getting Anderson over Miles Murphy or Jalen Carter. Anderson would be a no-brainer if the Bears still had a 3-4, but with a 4-3 cover 2, I don't see Anderson fitting unless you put him at WILL or SAM, and have him blitz often.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I agree with all of the free agent signings you’ve suggested. I have a couple lower tier targets.

Devin Bush - WLB
Ashtyn Davis - FS
Kenyan Drake - RB
Andre Dillard - OL
Shaq Lawson - DE

As for the draft, I’m OK with Cedric Tillman, but I prefer Rashee Rice if available.

Last edited:

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I don't mind getting Payne, but I really have to question getting Anderson over Miles Murphy or Jalen Carter. Anderson would be a no-brainer if the Bears still had a 3-4, but with a 4-3 cover 2, I don't see Anderson fitting unless you put him at WILL or SAM, and have him blitz often.
Picking based off scheme is dumb for a team as bad as us.

Our front 7 is complete garbage anyway. If Anderson is the guy, just change the scheme.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The cap going back up has been unfortunate for the Bears and just bad luck as it seems teams have signed every wr and almost all the tackles and good linemen.

Let’s hope the market for all good players doesn’t completely dry up.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Picking based off scheme is dumb for a team as bad as us.

Our front 7 is complete garbage anyway. If Anderson is the guy, just change the scheme.
This.

I don’t really go for the scheme for argument about Anderson. I see him more as an undersized 3-4 OLB. Moving him around a D, like Micah Parsons is also said to be an option, but I’ve seen nothing from him that shows that level of versatility.

I really don’t like his size. I don’t like his drop in production this past season. I see him as a speed dude.

I get why he’s the top rated pick. I’d prefer a trade down to him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I agree with all of the free agent signings you’ve suggested. I have a couple lower tier targets.

Devin Bush - WLB
Ashtyn Davis - FS
Kenyan Drake - RB
Andre Dillard - OL
Shaq Lawson - DE

As for the draft, I’m OK with Cedric Tillman, but I prefer Rashee Rice if available.
I-never-see-anyone-bring-up-Zay.Flowers-slotWR-Boston-College.I'd-rather-have-a-true-#1WR-to-play-outside-but-we-already-have-a-big-bodied-WR-that-can-fight-for-the-ball-in-Claypool.