**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there’s a medium there. Recognizing what the team is aiming for, but also acknowledging there’s no guarantee the plan works out as intended.

Ultimately they’ve put themselves in a good position to add higher end talent in the draft. We’ll see how it all pans out.

Complaining about the W-L record this year seems out of touch though.

There was good and bad with Poles.

I don’t think it’s good enough to make a splash as desired when they move to Arlington, I think he’s gonna fail, but he’s also learning.

I get the vibe it’s Pace all over again where his learning curve can’t catch up to his runaway train ego, and his skills aren’t better than his philosophies.

What happens is principles and philosophies get in the way of the right move when you can’t see the truth of things and make quality apples to oranges comparisons.

I need more Brisker and Jones and less Gordon and Velus and fat centers from Illinois.

Like the Jones pick was awesome, but notice there are 3 other wasted picks on o-line immediately afterward.

It looks more like random darts than skill.

But I still have an open mind to what Poles is doing.

If he sets himself up for comp picks with a huge shopping spree and didn’t acquire another high quality free agent until 2025 after this spending spree…it will go a long way to appeasing me.

Poles could never out perform me at drafting if he doesn’t know how to produce compensatory picks. I’d put my life on it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I’m just a volatile unhinged idiot on a message board.

These guys make millions and run billion dollar companies.

I want to see high professionalism and skills I don’t have not the continued idiocy that is the way bears do things for most of my life.

Go get some fucking comp picks or you will never be anything in this league morons.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me tell you how dumb fuck stupid the Bears are.

Bill Bellicek has displayed the model of how to GM and exploit the rules for 20 years and the Harbaughs been copying it for 15.

Like the answers are right I’m front of you. Over a dozen of the best teams use these strategies…

But never the bears.

They do not know. They do not get it. And they are doomed until they do.

Legit stupidity.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trying to get comp picks when the team is talent deficient makes zero sense.

No it doesn’t.

Every move you make should be to exploit a system that gives you extra picks.

It’s so important almost nothing else you do matters. The team with 11 picks per year will destroy consistently the team that averages 6 picks per year.

Every free agent signing and every trade, every draft pick should be made with this goal in mind for a few years.

You have to create the cycle, you can’t wait for the cycle to happen naturally by hitting on 90 % of your 6 picks for several years. It’s too late for Pace by then.

There was no vision or end in sight to save Pace and the same fate will happen to Poles if he does no sell out to this strategy.

Bellicek will out maneuver you with his 11 draft picks. You can’t compete with him long term with 5 per year like Pace.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I don’t think it’s good enough to make a splash as desired when they move to Arlington, I think he’s gonna fail, but he’s also learning.

I get the vibe it’s Pace all over again where his learning curve can’t catch up to his runaway train ego, and his skills aren’t better than his philosophies.

What happens is principles and philosophies get in the way of the right move when you can’t see the truth of things and make quality apples to oranges comparisons.

I need more Brisker and Jones and less Gordon and Velus and fat centers from Illinois.

Like the Jones pick was awesome, but notice there are 3 other wasted picks on o-line immediately afterward.

If he sets himself up for comp picks with a huge shopping spree and didn’t acquire another high quality free agent until 2025 after this spending spree…it will go a long way to appeasing me.

Poles could never out perform me at drafting if he doesn’t know how to produce compensatory picks. I’d put my life on it.
Are you complaining about late round picks? I mean the rams poached one of those.

Late round picks and the draft in general are all darts
Edit: he also seemed to have hit on both 2nd round picks. This secondary could shape out to being good with Jaylon jones potentially being a starter. Also sanborn.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m wasting my breathe because it really is holding this franchise back to not understand the comp game. It’s as much about the contracts you acquire via trades to fill holes instead of signing one.

You have to be good at your job to succeed if you deploy a strategy 15 other teams or more are doing.

But if you don’t participate you’ll never overcome the gauntlet of teams that had multiple more picks than you 4 years running.

I’ve been beating this drum for 15 years since CBMB and I gotta take a break.

But fight the good fight Remy and you will bless the entire world.

Remy is one of the best of us, and I apologize to those I offended by claiming racism probably wrongly.

I am harder on him than an average person because he can be great and I want him to be great.

That particular comment was more like pulling him into the mud with us.

Long live the vortex. May it save us all one day.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bill Bellicek has displayed the model of how to GM and exploit the rules for 20 years and the Harbaughs been copying it for 15.

Like the answers are right I’m front of you. Over a dozen of the best teams use these strategies…

But never the bears.

Legit stupidity.

The Pats and Ravens are perennial playoff competitors and thus have the resources to play the comp pick game.
No it doesn’t.

Every move you make should be to exploit a system that gives you extra picks.

It’s so important almost nothing else you do matters. The team with 11 picks per year will destroy consistently the team that averages 6 picks per year.

Every free agent signing and every trade, every draft pick should be made with this goal in mind for a few years.

You have to create the cycle, you can’t wait for the cycle to happen naturally by hitting on 90 % of your 6 picks for several years. It’s too late for Pace by then.

There was no vision or end in sight to save Pace and the same fate will happen to Poles if he does no sell out to this strategy.

Bellicek will out maneuver you with his 11 draft picks. You can’t compete with him long term with 5 per year like Pace.
Umm no. The Bears have to spend hundreds of millions this offseason as this is the last year of a 3 year cycle where they have to spend 90% of the cap and they are significantly under.

So there is no realistic way for them to spend that money and still get comp picks. Again they need to get good first like the Pats and Ravens and then let good players walk and resplace them with guys on rookie contracts.

Realistically the Bears will play the comp game in 2024 or 2025 once they have actually spent money on fielding a competitive team. You are putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you complaining about late round picks? I mean the rams poached one of those.

Late round picks and the draft in general are all darts
Edit: he also seemed to have hit on both 2nd round picks. This secondary could shape out to being good with Jaylon jones potentially being a starter. Also sanborn.

Yes, they are darts. See you get it.

11 darts>6 darts ?

You will hit more targets. Some are late yes, but they help acquire other free agents with expiring contracts in your free agency cycle years.

Deploying several strategies to this goal at all times in the back of your mind creates a pupetual cycle.

What Bellicek would do is spend every cent of our 80 million on a quantity of free agents on one and three year contacts but nobody on two years.

Then you extend all your own guys. Literally nobody becomes a free agent in 2 years and that is when you can dip in free agency again.

In 1 and 3 years from now you sign nobody and get comped for everybody. You don’t need free agents because you planned for this day.

Now if you have a burning hole you take one if your 12 picks and trade for what you need so it doesn’t penalize you.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pats and Ravens are perennial playoff competitors and thus have the resources ro play the comp pick game.

Umm no. The Bears have to spend hundreds of millions this offseason as this is the last year of a 3 year cycle where they have to spend 90% of the cap and they arw significantly under.

So there is no realistic way for them to spend that money and still get comp picks. Again they need to get good first like the Pats and Ravens and then let good players walk and resplace them with guys on rookie contracts.

Realistically the Bears will play the comp game in 2024 or 2025 once they have actually spent money on fielding a competitive team. You are putting the cart before the horse.
I’m disappointed in you for not getting this.

When Brady walked Bellicek was able to re-tool and went on his biggest free agent spending spree in Patriots history. That off-season allowed him to go two years without penalizing himself with free agents.

Mac Jones isn’t good. His defense is deep but he took one of those picks and got Bailey Zappe who will return them to the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It won’t happen unless you make it happen. It’s an action sequence not a result of success. It’s a numbers game and timing your expiring contracts intentionally.

It doesn’t prevent you from anything you want to do is why I don’t get why I get push back on this.

It’s fucking crazy to push back on this. You can’t possibly understand.

All it means is look two years ahead at roster holes and get everything you need this year. Spend your heart out. Go nuts, they don’t penalize you for buying 8 quality free agents in one year.

But Gabriel and the bears sign 3 and only 3 every single year for two decades like click work.

Gotta have that press conference of hope. Then these morons think they are fiscally smart.

All you have to do is buy 6 in 2023 and 0 in 2024 when you have timed expiring contracts to coincide.

What the fuck us your problem with that?
Seriously what in the fuck?

I’m telling you if you buy 6 in 2023 and zero in 2024 you will be rewarded.

But you tell me no you have to be successful first. You want to buy 3 per year and continue insanity and never be good.

What is so fucking hard to understand?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

But never the bears.

Legit stupidity.
Belicheck looks like shit without brady

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The Pats and Ravens are perennial playoff competitors and thus have the resources ro play the comp pick game.

Umm no. The Bears have to spend hundreds of millions this offseason as this is the last year of a 3 year cycle where they have to spend 90% of the cap and they arw significantly under.

Exactly. There are no expiring contracts that any team would be interested in right now.

The bears need quality starters on both sides of the lines before you can even begin to think about depth and comp picks. It’s actual delusional thinking

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m disappointed in you for not getting this.

When Brady walked Bellicek was able to re-tool and went on his biggest free agent spending spree in Patriots history. That off-season allowed him to go two years without penalizing himself with free agents.

Mac Jones isn’t good. His defense is deep but he took one of those picks and got Bailey Zappe who will return them to the playoffs.

That is because they are a good team that has players other teams want. Who the hell is a FA for the Bears this year that other teams want that will offset the 100m the Bears need to spend?

I am not talking about the Pace years. I am talking right now. There is virtuall no way for us to spend 100m this offseason and still get comp picks when our FAs largely suck.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

1672088201359.jpeg

Why are you dogging Gordon?!?
He’s balling about and very good for a rookie.
VJJ is pretty good value for a 3rd round pick. He returns kicks and can make a few plays on O here and there. I can understand why people don’t like him, but he’s pretty much a full value return for a 3rd round pick.
Wait, what? Taking lots of shots at OL with late picks based on attributes isn’t a wasted pick. Losing one of them to another team off our practice squad can, maybe, be criticized, but taking a shotgun approach to OL? No way.
Darts looks like that even when thrown isn’t skill. It’s the same reason why people are taught to aim center mass and fire more than once in a rifle training.
Good. Fair enough.
Nah. Take the best dudes until we have a team. Hopefully, we can get a few years worth of 1st rounders and some seconds to buffer the comps until we have a team. If we need a piece or two for a run in a couple of years, picks aren’t worth the wins when we can win.
Bro.

I wish you would step back from that ledge…

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol. Bill Belichek got pistol whipped in the playoffs and quite possibly might be missing out this year. He hasn’t done shit since 2018.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lol. Bill Belichek got pistol whipped in the playoffs and quite possibly might be missing out this year. He hasn’t done shit since 2018.
If the clock management guy gets them a couple wins to close out the year LOFuckingL

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is because they are a good team that has players other teams want. Who the hell is a FA for the Bears this year that other teams want that will offset the 100m the Bears need to spend?

I am not talking about the Pace years. I am talking right now. There is virtuall no way for us to spend 100m this offseason and still get comp picks when our FAs largely suck.
You spend on the type of free agents that will return comp picks.

Now you will find fierce competition for players that fit this profile because other teams are doing the same.

The strategy does not start with success. Success starts with timing your spending years.

It starts this year by spending every cent of dollars on contracts that run out simeultanously.
You absolutely do not worry about over paying especially on a short term because the contract value is in the formula. So overpaying in this case creates a higher comp pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.