Blackhawks 2022-23 SEASON THREAD

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Had to win this one and avoid staining streaks.
I said win a couple at home for the fans. This one made sense.

Hooray. I feel like it will be just right for them to tank this hard come in dead last and still get the 5th pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hooray. I feel like it will be just right for them to tank this hard come in dead last and still get the 5th pick.
Jesus Christ that’s some negative brain shit.

Find yoga man. Much love.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The reality is that if they have an 18.5% of getting the first pick, they have an 81.5% not to get it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I believe they can't come any lower than 3rd overall if they place dead last.
2023 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon
NHL approves changes to draft lottery

As it stands now, the 'hawks according to Tankathon have a 25.5% chance of bedding the 1OA pick, and they can fall to no lower than 3OA. It still means only a 1:4 shot at getting Bedard, however. They also can fail to tank out and come into a lower position.

From a tin-foil hat stance (where I'm not serious about the following), I think if there was some conspiracy for the lotto to award a generational talent to a club, what would favor the league the most? I think it would be taking a high value team who is near the bottom of the league (Chicago/Montreal, the others are in playoff contention), and giving them a generational talent. Plus, Montreal won the lottery last season.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta lose in STL 'cause the BJs and Sharky Sharks are coming up.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Just watched Canada's first wjc game;

Bedard is heads and shoulders that much better then everyone else.

Fantilli looked broken. Another bad game like that and his stock will drop.

Allan is going to be a stud.

Korchinski needs to shoot the puck.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If Nolan, Mastro and Korch are the future defenders for this team we are in big trouble. All 3 look like a bag shit for team Canada.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I believe they can't come any lower than 3rd overall if they place dead last.
2023 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon
NHL approves changes to draft lottery

As it stands now, the 'hawks according to Tankathon have a 25.5% chance of bedding the 1OA pick, and they can fall to no lower than 3OA. It still means only a 1:4 shot at getting Bedard, however. They also can fail to tank out and come into a lower position.

From a tin-foil hat stance (where I'm not serious about the following), I think if there was some conspiracy for the lotto to award a generational talent to a club, what would favor the league the most? I think it would be taking a high value team who is near the bottom of the league (Chicago/Montreal, the others are in playoff contention), and giving them a generational talent. Plus, Montreal won the lottery last season.
Let’s be honest Lord, we all know the draft is rigged. The NHL will choose where they want Bedard to play.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
If Nolan, Mastro and Korch are the future defenders for this team we are in big trouble. All 3 look like a bag shit for team Canada.
I wouldn't go that far.

That goalie sure as shit didn't help them one bit.

They better fix that shit now cuz the Hawks goalies ain't nothing better then what's behind them now.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let’s be honest Lord, we all know the draft is rigged. The NHL will choose where they want Bedard to play.
Assuming you're right...

I am operating under the assumption that Bettman won't violate the rules already rigged up for the draft: i.e. The Penguins, unless they manage to drop from 8th to 21st, will not get the 1 OA pick), so only the bottom 11 teams get the shot at Bedard.

Who among Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus, San Jose, Philadelphia, Arizona, Montreal, Ottawa, Florida, Nashville, and St Louis would leverage Bedard being a potential generational talent and bring the league, and thus the owners, a ton of money?

The Leafs, Rags, Habs, Hawks, and Bruins are the highest valued franchises, in that order. The Leafs, Rags, and Bruins, per the above, will not be in play for Bedard--that leaves Montreal (who got the 1OA last season), and the 'hawks.

I think the league, in that case, would choose the 'hawks:

Chicago is one of the highest valued franchises and has proven with the previous gen (Kane, Toews, etc.) that it can definitely leverage merchandising and it's stars for monetary purposes.

Montreal might be a good dark horse choice, Slavofsky+Bedard would be lethal, and Montreal is a storied franchice, but after Edmonton making multiple 1 OA picks and nothing to show for it, including McJesus, I could see the league wary of that. Besdies, Montreal would still be picking high in a deep draft.

There is the outside shot of Bettman's unnatural love affair with Arizona, but for 3 seasons the Yotes are stuck in Mullett Arena--a 5k seat arena. Contrast to UC (2nd highest, 19k seat), and Bell Centre (highest, 20k). Bedard would be wasted as a cash cow in Arizona,

Beyond that, there's no one else in play for the 1OA in the bottom-11 or otherwise in the lotter who would make a tantalizing destination for Bedard to the point of rigging the draft for him, with the exception of Detroit, Philly, and Ottawa, but in my guesstimation the two best landing spots would be Montreal and Chicago. None of the other slots would be bad from a financial standpoint (Except AZ), but leveraging Bedard? I'd be maximizing that, and Chicago is a place where his financial value to the league can be maximized.

So this is a rumour, but where there is smoke, the chatter is Bedard may pull a Lindros, he wants to play in Vancouver and may decline playing for a team like Chicago and or SanJose. It would be rather crappy if that were to happen.
It would be horrible if he did, but if McJesus didn't pull a Lindros to get out of the cesspit that was Edmonton (at the time of him being the latest of their many 1OA pics), I doubt that Bedard would.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming you're right...

I am operating under the assumption that Bettman won't violate the rules already rigged up for the draft: i.e. The Penguins, unless they manage to drop from 8th to 21st, will not get the 1 OA pick), so only the bottom 11 teams get the shot at Bedard.

Who among Chicago, Anaheim, Columbus, San Jose, Philadelphia, Arizona, Montreal, Ottawa, Florida, Nashville, and St Louis would leverage Bedard being a potential generational talent and bring the league, and thus the owners, a ton of money?

The Leafs, Rags, Habs, Hawks, and Bruins are the highest valued franchises, in that order. The Leafs, Rags, and Bruins, per the above, will not be in play for Bedard--that leaves Montreal (who got the 1OA last season), and the 'hawks.

Chicago is one of the highest valued franchises and has proven with the previous gen (Kane, Toews, etc.) that it can definitely leverage merchandising and it's stars for monetary purposes.

Montreal might be a good dark horse choice, Slavofsky+Bedard would be lethal, and Montreal is a storied franchice, but after Edmonton making multiple 1 OA picks and nothing to show for it, including McJesus, I could see the league wary of that. Besdies, Montreal would still be picking high in a deep draft.

There is the outside shot of Bettman's unnatural love affair with Arizona, but for 3 seasons the Yotes are stuck in Mullett Arena--a 5k seat arena. Contrast to UC (2nd highest, 19k seat), and Bell Centre (highest, 20k). Bedard would be wasted as a cash cow in Arizona,

Beyond that, there's no one else in play for the 1OA in the bottom-11 or otherwise in the lotter who would make a tantalizing destination for Bedard to the point of rigging the draft for him, with the exception of Detroit, Philly, and Ottawa, but in my guesstimation the two best landing spots would be Montreal and Chicago. None of the other slots would be bad from a financial standpoint (Except AZ), but leveraging Bedard? I'd be maximizing that, and Chicago is a place where his financial value to the league can be maximized.

It would be horrible if he did, but if McJesus didn't pull a Lindros to get out of the cesspit that was Edmonton (at the time of hi forward. m being the latest of their many 1OA pics), I doubt that Bedard would.
Even with Chicago being a shit team at the moment, the kid is young with a lot of years going forward. Chicago is a great team for marketing outside of hockey so he'd be a fool not to take advantage of that. Kinda like..... "Drive the car that Kane and and Toews drive" and whatever other commecials they made over the years. If Bedard's agent has half a brick for a brain, he'd be smart and greedy enough to advise the kid well.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming you're right...

It would be horrible if he did, but if McJesus didn't pull a Lindros to get out of the cesspit that was Edmonton (at the time of him being the latest of their many 1OA pics), I doubt that Bedard would.
Hearing you guys go on about getting the first overall made me look up how the odds and probability work out. Lets just say im not getting my hopes up. Ive witnessed this first hand back in the McDavid year. I went to a Sabres/Hawks game@Buff with like 3 games left in the season and sabres were nailing down last place. The hawks were on a b2b so knew they would come out hard in the 1st. They did and went up 2-0. Sabres fans went nuts high fiving each other and cheering on the hawks (you'd think I was at UC). well the sabres crawled back and then some and went up by a goal early in the 3rd. (fans booing). The most fun for me was with about 1:30 left in sabres end for a faceoff and JT gets in a huddle before the draw and Im thinking Capt Serious is gonna tie this up rallying the guys! sure enough off the draw they won and JT ties it up on a rebound off a Shaw shot. Then with 54 secs left JT puts it back of the net while getting feed from Hoss who got it from a down low cycle from Saad. Was great to see JT take over that game under 2 mins left and but watching fans all around the arena cheering (knowing that they lost and were one step closer to getting McDavid(so they thought) well we all know what happened that draft and saw how that draft set them back. So careful what you wish for!

Last edited by a moderator:

KBIB

Liked Posts:
If Bedard "pulls a Lindros", which had a hell of a lot to do with the owner talking shit about Lindros mother not so much he wouldn't play in Quebec, KD drafts him then rings up the Canucks and asks for five first rounders unprotected, Peterson, Hughes, and Horvat on top of their top two prospects. If they don't like that ask they are more then welcome to watch him tear up juniors.

That said, the times come where this draft shit is going to go away and the players are going to dictate where they want to go instead of being forced into going to complete shit holes like the current Hawks team.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One of the first things taught in hockey is do not pass to the middle in the d-zone. Kay hock you goofball must not have gotten that message at youth hockey

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Our passing is on par with youth level hockey. It’s like we never practice and just got out and play like beer leaguers.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still can’t believe Blowman signed Jones to that anchor of a contract. Hope KD can trade him, this contract will not age well.