here is the NBA's proposal

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
And they would have to get volunteers to fill the seats.

Maybe at first, but I also think if we had a replacement league, we could see some cream rise to the top. Maybe find a few players that make it into the NBA as regularly deemed competitive.

Plus it would be a great tactic to get the players to agree to a deal sooner, which is the main point. Imagine if the NBA still offered these players that opportunity to win a ring, a franchise to do it's best to get a trophy, it would be an asterix year, but the true ball-first players would get anxious to jump the union and get balling. With a de-certified union, you take out those roadblocks.

It won't happen. The minute the nba tried to trot out scrubs, the tv networks, and sponsors would sue the nba. They will neverr be able to recoup their investment with nbdl type players.

You wouldn't watch it, I wouldn't watch it, no one, would watch it. Its funny. If you guys love basketball this much, why can't the wnba get better ratings? Why can't the nbdl sell out their games?

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Its also obvious that you guys aren't very street smart.

Do you guys really believe the owners aren't making money? Even more losing money? If its so bad, why are they fighting the players? If your players don't want to accept your terms, cut your losses, save your money and get the hell out of there. They're not losing money, they're just not making as much money as they'd like to.

Its like being in a bad relationship but staying and trying to work it out.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Do you guys really believe the owners aren't making money? Even more losing money? If its so bad, why are they fighting the players? If your players don't want to accept your terms, cut your losses, save your money and get the hell out of there. They're not losing money, they're just not making as much money as they'd like to.

The owners still have options to make money, as do the players. But the owners don't have to pay the players right now, therefore they book the venues with other shows. Small markets lose again, but still, the opportunity to make money is on the owners side.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It won't happen. The minute the nba tried to trot out scrubs, the tv networks, and sponsors would sue the nba. They will neverr be able to recoup their investment with nbdl type players.

You wouldn't watch it, I wouldn't watch it, no one, would watch it. Its funny. If you guys love basketball this much, why can't the wnba get better ratings? Why can't the nbdl sell out their games?

I know it wont happen. I never said it would happen. LMAO! But I want to see it happen, and I would watch the games.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:

You do realize thats what I was implying with my statement?

What part of "they will need to get volunteers to fill the seats" did you not understand?

Volunteer -
1. To perform or offer to perform a service of one's own free will.
2. To do charitable or helpful work.

the-more-you-know.jpeg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

What part of "they will need to get volunteers to fill the seats" did you not understand?

Volunteer -

the-more-you-know.jpeg

Don't mind 97Bulls. He is a bitter person inside. He is obviously not street smart either, otherwise he wouldn't bring his insecurities with differing opinions with him onto forums.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
The owners still have options to make money, as do the players. But the owners don't have to pay the players right now, therefore they book the venues with other shows. Small markets lose again, but still, the opportunity to make money is on the owners side.

I agree. But its obvious the players anticipated and thus prepared for something like this. I'm sure both sides can figure out ways to bring in some sort of income. Including the players. Be it doing promotions, speeches, cameos on tv, coaching, playing overseas, analysts, doing sports radio, etc.

It just seems to me that a lot of posters feel like the owners pay the players out the kindness of their heart. That just is not true.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:

Volunteer -

the-more-you-know.jpeg

Well then my post wasn't directed to you. We are in agreement.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It just seems to me that a lot of posters feel like the owners pay the players out the kindness of their heart. That just is not true.

No, they don't pay them out of kindness. I don't think I have seen anyone say that here, but maybe I missed those posts. People do forget that the owners do a great deal in basketball being a top-4 popular sport in North America. If anything, they should be thankful that all of these super-rich don't decide to market the hell out of another sport and kill the popularity of basketball through a few generations. Nothing is stopping another new sport from becoming the next big American tradition, or even global. Key word, new(clarity for those who would assume something stupid like taking an old and unpopular sport up the ranks.) A bit of trial and error, who knows? All of that takes away from basketball's share, and it boosts another sport.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now we'll have to wait even longer to see Chuck and Shaq every thursday!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I miss watching those guys already...TNT has the best pregame, halftime, and post game show on TV..Shaq just makes the show better...Shaq Ernie,Kenny,Chuck...sometimes CWebb as well. inside the NBA best damn show on TV...I miss my thursday dose of laughter from these guys.

FUCK espn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93nFIlyLe44&feature=related]Ernie, Chuck, Kenny, & Magic Prom Night - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyyl1CSzow&feature=related]Charles Barkley "Ya'll are assholes around here" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPRvizGSME&feature=related]Inside the NBA: Ernie black or white? - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: BNB

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes the players are dumb for not taking a deal that is heavily favored for the owners. They should've realized that they are no bargaining power despite the fact that without them there is no NBA.

How dare these thugs not take whatever they can get?

Yes these guys are so stupid for trying to fight for fair compensation while people are raking in billions off of their talent.

No, don't fight for your right, just take whatever scraps off the table you can get while Massa makes money hand over fist.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes the players are dumb for not taking a deal that is heavily favored for the owners. They should've realized that they are no bargaining power despite the fact that without them there is no NBA.

How dare these thugs not take whatever they can get?

Yes these guys are so stupid for trying to fight for fair compensation while people are raking in billions off of their talent.

No, don't fight for your right, just take whatever scraps off the table you can get while Massa makes money hand over fist.

Do you know how pathetic it sounds to play the racial card, as you are doing?

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Do you know how pathetic it sounds to play the racial card, as you are doing?

I actually agree with him. All I've heard is how the players are thugs, incompetant, ignorant, can't manage their money, couldn't be successful in another field, and should be grateful and accept whatever the owners feel they see fit to pay them. But they replace the word "pay" for "give".

This all falls in line with the stereo-type that says african-americans aren't cpable of running a business.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I actually agree with him. All I've heard is how the players are thugs, incompetant, ignorant, can't manage their money, couldn't be successful in another field, and should be grateful and accept whatever the owners feel they see fit to pay them. But they replace the word "pay" for "give".

This all falls in line with the stereo-type that says african-americans aren't cpable of running a business.

So calling millionaires, who some on these forums have called spoiled brats who have manipulated and even destroyed the system all of a sudden have to answer to "Massa"??? Seriously? What would happen to Charles Barkley if he was a fat, lazy slave? Think about it. When did Michael Jordan answer to "Massa"? HE WAS MASSA!!!

Saying that these players get away with soooooo much and how they are ruining the NBA has more to do with the players' freedoms that they are exercising than some form of slavery

I am not feeling that. They live a privileged life and so do the owners. Over 30% of African Americans in this country have no job and almost half of those are totally unrecognized by the system...NBA players don't fit that criteria. Sorry...I ain't buyin'.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Don't worry, I know all kinds of people that aren't capable of running a business. Never, EVER, did any of my statements have anything to do with race. I hope none of this BS is directed towards me.

Reactions: BNB

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Don't worry, I know all kinds of people that aren't capable of running a business. Never, EVER, did any of my statements have anything to do with race. I hope none of this BS is directed towards me.

No. I'm not really directing this at anyone on this forum. Definately not you. And I know you feel the players are being greedy. That's your opinion and can be debated. But I disagree with the notion that the players are dumb, incompatent, thugs, etc.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
No. I'm not really directing this at anyone on this forum. Definately not you. And I know you feel the players are being greedy. That's your opinion and can be debated. But I disagree with the notion that the players are dumb, incompatent, thugs, etc.

No, I do not. I feel both sides are in the wrong. I have been trying to sort this out, but some of you keep piling on the labels, picking sides, and calling someone or another greedy. If one side is greedy, then both sides are. But I don't see a "side" as being greedy. That is just ignorant to think so, because you don't have two sides, you have a lot of views, agendas, and opinions coming from within both groups. It's not about race, it's not about greed. This lockout is about allowing the small markets to compete with the big market. If the league contracts the number of teams, then the players lose even more, because they shrink their pie! Greed?? UGH.... :shot: