***OFFICIAL ***Justin Fields critique thread. (FTO)

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I was being sarcastic about the steak snack but there is some scientific backing on vegans and brain health

All plant foods (except fruit) have anti-nutrients that stop you from absorbing certain nutrients.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. All QB’s get a lot of pressure. Some teams even manufacture more pressure (blitzing) when they know the other team doesn’t handle it well. Fields doesn’t handle it well so teams blitz him even more. Although in his defense his running has helped negate that. The really good QB’s or veterans who arent trying to get hit get rid of the ball fast though. So you don’t really even notice it. You just move on to the next play when a guy like Andy Dalton gets pressured and completes a 3 yard pass. When that happens to Fields he holds the ball and takes a sack and CCS gets to complain about the line. Where with other guys it plays out completely different. There was no “pressure” in your mind even though there was because the QB threw the ball away or hit his hot route. It doesn’t show up on the box score the next day so essentially it never happened. Where with Fields he takes the sack and you have it in the stats. He maybe even fumbles. And the o. Line gets criticized for sucking and blah blah blah. Where as the Andy Dalton 3 yard completion is just another of 50 something somewhat meaningless plays in a game. Won’t make the highlight reel. Nobody will remember it. The pressure that Dalton got on that play essentially doesn’t exist. The play itself doesn’t really exist. Where as with Fields it often times results in a negative play which then puts the light on his o-line and we get our 5000th thread about how horrible the line is.

I know a lot of people here dont even watch football outside of Bears games. So there is no context to anything. But just watch this Packers Vikings game. Watch how quickly the QB often has pressure on him. Watch how when he scrambles and has to make a play because the line collapsed or gets blitzed and hits his hot route or throws it away you just sort of move on and don’t even memory bank it. But it happens all the time. Watch how often Rodgers gets pressured and has to bail the pocket or throw it away or scramble and make a play. Watch how often Cousins has pressure in him and he gets rid of the ball immediately. Where as a QB like Fields who isn’t quite there yet as far as having that internal clock will get hit and fumble and that opens the door for CCS to lose their shit about the line sucking. And that play then becomes magnified. Where guys who are better at dealing with pressure protect their o line by getting rid of the ball and we all move on to the next play and that pressure he had to deal with goes into the ether never to be remembered again.
I actually read thru the wall of text --- and he does have a point -- most of which are spot-on.

(y)

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been told by a number of people here that if you aren't completely sold on Fields being a stud, you are unquestionably a racist.

After today's game? What the HELL was that? I'm wondering if people here still hold onto this stupid view. Bunch of little Dan Bernstein's here saying you're racist if you doubt him. Today was NOT good.
giphy.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sucked today but he’s already proven himself the last 10 or so weeks. I think his floor is a top 20 guy because of his running .If he can develop as a passer the sky is the limit. That’s not going to be easy though. And I worry about his longevity. Considering how he looked early in the year and pretty much all last year you have to be pretty happy about that. He seems smart and wants to get better so you know he can improve. I sort of worry he’ll always be prone to fumbling and turning the ball over a little more than you’d like though. You have to take the good with the bad I guess. He’s been dynamic enough a handful of times a game to make up for the mistakes. He can be elite though if he cleans that stuff up or just becomes a better passer. The scheme isn’t really QB friendly either. At least not from a passing perspective. So if they play like this but with just better players on both sides of the ball they can win games, but I don’t think he’ll put up big passing numbers. But he’s also running for 1,000 yards so it all sort of evens out. Teams typically play in the image of their coach. Flus is a defensive guy which typically means teams will play a defensive, running style. And so far he’s following that line of think to the T. And it’s hard to imagine the Bears with him as the coach won’t always be that.

sorry about the walls of text nobody is reading. I’ll learn about paragraphs one day. And being more concise.
this guy is spot on --- read it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
There should be more talk about Fields weird diet and wether its causing his muscle cramping issues.

Too often this season after he has a few long runs he becomes useless afterwards. After his second long run this game he was done. His big rushing games he is either cramping or looks fatigued with weak legs by the end of the game. He has no stamina to finish games he runs too much.
Worth thinking about...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because Cousins and The Goat #2 have no one to protect them or throw to? There's also a difference between pressure from one guy getting free and what Fields often sees.

Doesn't mean Fields didn't kinda suck today but those other players have bad games too and there may be more to it. Fields is also feeling all the hits he's been taking and looking stiff, lethargic and slower on runs. May even been a little dingy. It adds up and why they shouldn't have been running him this much. Most of his big runs are scrambles anyway. Fuck the record. I won't mind if he sits next week.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Jeepers.

Maybe cramming beef down your throats gets you guys going, but not everyone gets their motor revving the same way.

No need to force your lifestyle choices on anyone.

(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
They've got a point. When's the last time a vegan quarterback won a Superbowl? These guys are out there playing football. You need some meat to help build and maintain the muscle. A diet of soy isn't going to do it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
phytic acid, oxalates, solanine, lectins, saponins, and isoflavaones to name a few.
Not sure I'm going to take nutritional advice from someone who thought olive oil is a polyunsaturated fat.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Not sure I'm going to take nutritional advice from someone who thought olive oil is a polyunsaturated fat.
Olive oil is mostly monounsatured but it has a decent amount of polyunsaturated fat as well--about 10%. The least amount of polyunsaturated fat and the highest amount of saturated fat results in a fat that is more heat stable for cooking.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Olive oil is mostly monounsatured but it has a decent amount of polyunsaturated fat as well--about 10%. The least amount of polyunsaturated fat and the highest amount of saturated fat results in a fat that is more heat stable for cooking.
You didn't even know that it was a monounsaturated fat. You have low knowledge about this topic, and no one should believe what you write.

That was the point.

Also butter has polyunsaturated fat as well. 4% to 9% for olive oil. Makes almost no difference.

mecha

Liked Posts:
holy fuck this thread hits on every food group of fail!

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
You didn't even know that it was a monounsaturated fat. You have low knowledge about this topic, and no one should believe what you write.

That was the point.

Also butter has polyunsaturated fat as well. 4% to 9% for olive oil. Makes almost no difference.
Please show me where I did not know what monounsaturated fat is? This post right here shows your ignorance.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Please show me where I did not know what monounsaturated fat is? This post right here shows your ignorance.
It is not even smoking, just heating it up, especially for polyunsaturated fats.
You wrote the above quote in reference to our discussion about olive oil, on October 5 this year. In the thread about butter.

I didn't say you did not know what monounsaturated fat is. I wrote that you thought olive oil is a polyunsaturated fat. And you did.

My point is that I hesitate to trust someone who is so misguided on a related topic.

LOL shows my ignorance, you clown.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fry in refined olive oil, the good tasting stuff will burn/smoke at higher heats.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
had a cousin that went Vegan a few years ago, he said he felt great in the beginning, but the longer he was on it the more he said he just felt off complained about it being harder to focus as the day went on etc. He had read a few articles about the problems and switched to being a vegetarian that would eat fish and eggs. said it was night and day difference after that.

No idea if this is effecting Fields or not but the Vegan Diet is really low or completely lacking in several brain nutrients, Its just kind of strange that like every game he starts out looking so good, he is sharp, making quick reads hitting his guys drives down the field and scores, and then after the first few drives he looks slower, indecisive, slower to pull the trigger. its just night and day difference between his first 2 drives vs the rest. Maybe its just because of the scripted plays the first drive or so, but if eating a steak can fix that then win win..

Eat fish is not being a Vegetarian. That is a pescatarian.

Sounds like your cousin didnt properly research assuming he actually exists. An elite athlete would simply supplement their diet with vitamins and supplements. Novak is a vegan and one of the GOAT tennis players of all time.

Last edited:

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
You wrote the above quote in reference to our discussion about olive oil, on October 5 this year. In the thread about butter.

I didn't say you did not know what monounsaturated fat is. I wrote that you thought olive oil is a polyunsaturated fat. And you did.

My point is that I hesitate to trust someone who is so misguided on a related topic.

LOL shows my ignorance, you clown.
No I have never thought olive oil was polyunsaturated fat. It has a decent amount as a component of it, but have always known it was not.