Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doesn't seem like it took T.Hill or AJ Brown long to learn their new teams playbooks. I guess it depends on the work those players put into it and their football IQ amongst other things.
Did they have an off-season to work with their system?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did they have an off-season to work with their system?
Don't know but do know they didn't have a full year. When were they traded to their new teams? Too lazy to look it up?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don't know but do know they didn't have a full year. When were they traded to their new teams? Too lazy to look it up?

A whole offseason is exponentially more advantageous than just 6 weeks bro

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
True, but you said a year, per Bill Parcells.
Hill was just interviewed a few weeks ago talking about how he’s not even fully familiar with McDaniels offense but is just happy to get the ball in his hands. So I’m not sure what you’re reaching for. Other than to somehow defend Pace

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I forget how ignorant fans are sometimes. Poles obviously doesn't feel too strongly about the wide receiver talent in the draft or free agency. He sees Claypool as a guy with elite measureables and inconsistent production, but someone whose potential is greater than what will be available.

That trade isn't for this year... we suck, we can't protect the quarterback, we run the ball a thousand times a game and Claypool has no idea where to line up and has zero chemistry with Fields. Any dummy can tell you these things.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I forget how ignorant fans are sometimes. Poles obviously doesn't feel too strongly about the wide receiver talent in the draft or free agency. He sees Claypool as a guy with elite measureables and inconsistent production, but someone whose potential is greater than what will be available.

That trade isn't for this year... we suck, we can't protect the quarterback, we run the ball a thousand times a game and Claypool has no idea where to line up and has zero chemistry with Fields. Any dummy can tell you these things.
yes, also if Claypool wants a new contract anywhere he has to start putting up numbers. or else he washes out and becomes a statistic.

also I don't know what it's like being a wide receiver in the NFL, and none of you do either, but comparing 6 weeks to training over the course of an entire offseason is a big difference. with all the turnover due to injuries in the last month it's hard to even say the Bears offense has any identity at all. I hope Claypool improves by 2023.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Da fuk does this even mean?
Steelers consistently draft great WR but Claypool is bad.
Ravens draft amazing defensive talent so much so that they had to trade for an expiring contract guy whose production was easily replaced by an UDFA.

So are you saying these teams don't actually draft consistently great WR's and draft amazing defensive talent?
Just saying I think the Steelers organization knows receiver talent better than anyone and they passed on Claypool.

Baltimore rarely gets a chance to draft talent like Smith So they were happy to give up a 2nd and add to their already stellar defense. You need talent like that on your team if your going to compete.

Just think both these decisions by poles were bad ones I'm not optimistic after the moves he made this year but maybe I'm wrong

I think Flus may be a decent head coach but his team was gutted by Poles who now has a ton of work to do to get some talent back on the defensive side of the ball. Right know we're almost Mel Tucker bad

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just saying I think the Steelers organization knows receiver talent better than anyone and they passed on Claypool.

Baltimore rarely gets a chance to draft talent like Smith So they were happy to give up a 2nd and add to their already stellar defense. You need talent like that on your team if your going to compete.

Just think both these decisions by poles were bad ones I'm not optimistic after the moves he made this year but maybe I'm wrong

I think Flus may be a decent head coach but his team was gutted by Poles who now has a ton of work to do to get some talent back on the defensive side of the ball. Right know we're almost Mel Tucker bad

Did they pass on Claypool or simply take something for him before losing him next year?

They let JuJu walk and he’s having a better season now than any of them.

Diontae Johnson (the one they did sign) has zero TD’s this season.

The Steelers are not perfect. No team is.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

The Roquan Smith decision was a no brainer. He got a 2nd and a 5th for possibly, considering the position value, the most overrated player in the NFL whose production was more than replaced by an UDFA. The Claypool trade is a bit more of a question mark. Claypool has the talent level that warranted the 2nd rounder, whether he produces will not be knowable until next season.

As for gutting the defense, the big name players he removed, Hicks,Mack, Smith, Quinn have not a one returned on the investment other teams put into them. Much better to be a GM that gets rid of big name talent a year early for return vs a year late as has been the Bears pattern for years.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
How about a shoutout to him, he looks like a keeper with his 4,41 speed and coverage ability, I thought he did a great job without any pass rush, what are your thoughts on him and Blackwell

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
How about a shoutout to him, he looks like a keeper with his 4,41 speed and coverage ability, I thought he did a great job without any pass rush, what are your thoughts on him and Blackwell

JOSH BLACKWELL 4.33 40 isn't bad either

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

JOSH BLACKWELL 4.33 40 isn't bad either

Then there's jack Sandborn to, all udfa not stars but make for great depth. Whatcha all think about our udfa class

greg23

Liked Posts:
I like all three for next year

Sanborn can be a starter with a speed wlb next to hom

Jones looks like he can possibly be a starter but best suited as dime/backup outside cb

Blackwell can be a 5th cb and st ace

All three should be part of the 53 moving fwd

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I already created this thread, you were nowhere to be seen

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
He was sacked 7 times and people wonder why he had a bad game. it's obvious that the offensive line needs to be fixed or we are wasting Fields time

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was sacked 7 times and people wonder why he had a bad game. it's obvious that the offensive line needs to be fixed or we are wasting Fields time

Agree Fields needs more help but can we stop these threads? We've seen this thread one hundred times today. Someone is going to respond saying it's Justin Fields fault he was sacked then you'll respond "No it's their fault".

The truth is though Fields is a work in progress but shows promise but he will need to step up big next season and they need to give him help.

Status
Not open for further replies.