Bears ready to move on from fields?

mecha

Liked Posts:
This is such an emotional response. The offensive line was decimated and there were third stringers on the field.

As much as people want weapons, it’s the offensive line that needs to get fixed first. Even a garbage QB like Goff can look decent behind a good offensive line.
there's people calling for corners to be cut all season. there's no DL either. when defenses don't get pressure up front, your secondary will be abused. I don't remember who introduced the concept, but you build in the trenches.

I would listen to @Dick Jauron cause he has actual head coaching experience. he had men the size of mountains on his lines. he gets it.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
there's people calling for corners to be cut all season. there's no DL either. when defenses don't get pressure up front, your secondary will be abused. I don't remember who introduced the concept, but you build in the trenches.

I would listen to @Dick Jauron cause he has actual head coaching experience. he had men the size of mountains on his lines. he gets it.
Personally, I think between Brisker, Jaylon Johnson, Gordon and Eddie Jackson this secondary could be very good with even an adequate pass rush. The problems come when you either have to send extra guys or leave these guys covering forever until something opens up. A few key pieces on the DL could make a world of difference.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I'm just at an absolute loss at this point. Do you guys think having a generational talent at QB means you won't be able to waste the off-season avoiding your fat wife to discuss which white practice squad slot receiver could turn in 3 receptions next year? We don't have to get rid of the one worth while thing on this team guys you can keep those discussions going regardless.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This thread has merit. I was watching the game yesterday and I’m an expert lip reader. I kept seeing Eberflus telling Getsy “I don’t care what you call, everyone knows Fields isn’t our guy.”

It makes sense. Who would want a 6 ft 3 inch stud with 4.3 speed, arm talent and a strong work ethic?

Plus, Fields never complains, never throws teammates under the bus, is great in the community, is smart as hell and humble. What coaching staff would want to deal with that?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We draft the top QB and trade Fields for a haul. I don't believe this staff wants Fields and it's not their pick so they don't feel pressure to keep him. I've seen nothing from this staff that says Justin is our guy moving forward. We don't protect him and let him run wild. He is a top athlete but not a QB that can run a NFL offense. He is great when the play breaks down but really bad from the pocket. I could go on and on but it all comes down too, this staff not trusting Fields to be a passing QB.

PS. These are not my personal opinions about Fields but what I think I see from the current staff.
How about a forensic audit of the QB position?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think the Bears should trade their top players for picks every year to constantly have the youngest talent. Unless they keep drafting 25 yos.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m completely open to the idea that Fields may not be the guy, but how can we possibly judge his passing game when we see what he has to work with?
I mean. I guess. But he has the most potential to be "the guy" in basically forever. Suggesting that we look elsewhere before the organization has a chance to build around him would be pretty fucking stupid at a historical level. It's not happening, for at least a year or two minimum.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Running backs are a dime a dozen
Yes. Because he was drafted as a running QB and wasn't known for his passing game at all since HS, college, Elite 8, etc. It's almost like the talent around him forces him to use his legs, because the dude wants to win.