UGA VS OSU, Did carter really impress?

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Why is it when a certain player doesn't have 15 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and a pass breakup, then he played a bad game?

How about we give the offenses some credit?

I mean Stroud did have a 90+ qbr with 4 TDs. And OSU does have a good Oline.

Likewise, Georgia's offense played well.

Both teams put up over 500yds of offense.
Carter didn't make an impact. Don't care about the numbers, I forgot he was even on the roster. Big time players make big plays in big games.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t crazy eye popping but you also can’t judge someone by one game.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Carter didn't make an impact. Don't care about the numbers, I forgot he was even on the roster. Big time players make big plays in big games.
I’m going to make a guess that this is the first UGA game you watched. Jesus, you can’t make an eval after 1 game. Is Anderson going to bust because he was a ghost in his game? Dumb argument.

Concededly, he had a quiet game. Give credit
To Stroud also, who isn’t a statue, btw.

He had a clear line for a sack, but Stroud eluded him. Same thing on 2 or 3 other plays, but he got tackled by the OLman after Carter broke through.

Note the lack of OSU’s rushing yards.

That said, he didn’t have a very good game. Doesn’t mean he’s not an elite talent. People who watch hours and hours of tape don’t all just come to conclusion he has elite potential by coincidence.

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it but you definitely take him with the #2 overall pick. His ability to break through offensive lines makes him extremely valuable in the NFL where the speed of defenders at defensive end are significantly faster and much quicker to “the spot”.

In college you can drop back 5 yards and still edge rushers can’t beat their assignments… in the NFL nearly every edge rusher would feast on a QB that can’t step up in the pocket or is forced to break contain…

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I hate to say it but you definitely take him with the #2 overall pick. His ability to break through offensive lines makes him extremely valuable in the NFL where the speed of defenders at defensive end are significantly faster and much quicker to “the spot”.

In college you can drop back 5 yards and still edge rushers can’t beat their assignments… in the NFL nearly every edge rusher would feast on a QB that can’t step up in the pocket or is forced to break contain…
Good point. UGA is thin at EDGE this year. They lost Nolan Smith to injury, etc. A lot of those Stroud scrambles didn’t look scripted, Carter broke free and moved him off his spot and then had all day.

That said, Carter didn’t finish and boy did Stroud tear up that secondary.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Even in the Ohio State game, which btw has one of the best offensive lines in the NCAA, he was more effective than people are giving him credit for. He was moving his player off the ball almost every play. But Ohio State schemed against him extremely well. They doubled him about 50% of the time but the times they didn't it was mainly quick passes or plays where Straud rolled out. Ohio State has an elite offense for a reason.

You could go find Aaron Donald games and see plenty of stat lines where it would look like he did nothing. Got to know what you are seeing before making judgment.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don’t want Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, or Will Levis to replace Fields?!?
Absolutely NOT. None of those guys are close to being the franchise qb that Fields is.