Bears ready to move on from fields?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If they trade Fields, I'll follow him to whatever team gets him. They've never given him a chance in 2 seasons. Last year, they stuck him with a coach who clearly preferred Andy Dalton. They didn't bother giving him real reps and even when they did, they didn't have a clue what they were doing with him. Then this year, they put together the worst offensive line in the league, the worst wide receiver room in the league and completely gut the defense. If they give up on him after this season, with the toughness and leadership he's shown to this point, they'd be monumentally stupid. If Fields were coming out in the draft this year, he'd be the 1st pick easily.

What if Bryce Young is a future hall of fame QB? Incredibly risky move to move on from a guy that looks like a sure franchise QB after tying up some loose ends.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I finally got to see Dieter for an extended period of 1/2 a game. He played like a boy among men and made Fields' life miserable in the 2nd 1/2. The rush was a jail break up the middle and Jones got his ass handed to him as well. Fields had to ditch right constantly. Really bad game to try and judge him on. Can't imagine how frustrating it had to have been for our QB. Cover tight and know that Fields won't have time for a guy to get downfield.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, that's my point. I don't see how someone could say they can already tell from his passing game that he's probably not the guy. We can all tell he needs improvement, absolutely, but he has so little to work with, it's impossible to get a full evaluation at this point.
Yeah, I know. Agree 100%. Was just a comment in general about this thread.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if Bryce Young is a future hall of fame QB? Incredibly risky move to move on from a guy that looks like a sure franchise QB after tying up some loose ends.
Or the second coming of Ryan Leaf. .

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because teams don't trade a generational talent like Fields without at least attempting to build around them. It would be cataclysmically stupid.

Haven’t read through all the replies here but sports teams do cataclysmically stupid things all the time. ?‍♂️

Just because something is stupid doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don't trade a second round pick midseason for a receiver if you don't believe in your QB. If you dont think he's the QB going on past this season, he would be sitting since he had his shoulder injury to protect his trade value. IMO

Excellent point

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Absolutely agree.

Then I remember the Chicago Bears excel so well in historic level stupidity and all that keeps going through my head is every way the Bears will (continue to) fuck this up.

^^^ this guy gets it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they trade Fields, I'll follow him to whatever team gets him. They've never given him a chance in 2 seasons. Last year, they stuck him with a coach who clearly preferred Andy Dalton. They didn't bother giving him real reps and even when they did, they didn't have a clue what they were doing with him. Then this year, they put together the worst offensive line in the league, the worst wide receiver room in the league and completely gut the defense. If they give up on him after this season, with the toughness and leadership he's shown to this point, they'd be monumentally stupid. If Fields were coming out in the draft this year, he'd be the 1st pick easily.

So you’re a Fields fan first?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you’re a Fields fan first?
I think he's a transplant from another team that started following the Bears in the last several years.

Speaking for myself, not a Fields fan first. But if the Bears organization doesn't at least attempt to get this right, it will be borderline unforgivable. Who am I kidding. I'll still watch, but will be very, very pissed if we see Fields go somewhere else and light up the league.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm just at an absolute loss at this point. Do you guys think having a generational talent at QB means you won't be able to waste the off-season avoiding your fat wife to discuss which white practice squad slot receiver could turn in 3 receptions next year? We don't have to get rid of the one worth while thing on this team guys you can keep those discussions going regardless.
Another racist. Are all black people racist? All here are.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm just at an absolute loss at this point. Do you guys think having a generational talent at QB means you won't be able to waste the off-season avoiding your fat wife to discuss which white practice squad slot receiver could turn in 3 receptions next year? We don't have to get rid of the one worth while thing on this team guys you can keep those discussions going regardless.

Can we stop with the “generational talent” shit?

It’s used so often on here it’s become meaningless.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's a transplant from another team that started following the Bears in the last several years.

Speaking for myself, not a Fields fan first. But if the Bears organization doesn't at least attempt to get this right, it will be borderline unforgivable. Who am I kidding. I'll still watch, but will be very, very pissed if we see Fields go somewhere else and light up the league.
When it comes to QB's, I've been watching this organization do it wrong since the 1960's... Now, this group of gm/coaches were brought in to turn this around... Year 1 down. Better show me something this off season and next season as far as talent and improvement go. Fields is ok, if we can solve some of the other issues, so far, in my limited judgement.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My brother in Christ, 23 of the 30 NFL starting quarterbacks are white.

White people make up 60 percent of the U.S. population. The next closest is Hispanic/Latino, at less than 20 percent.

It was partly a joke but we are seeing more and more black QB's in a position they were neglected in for a long time. Man I think I just derailed this thread into a thread about race. Haha.

The Census Bureau reported that the United States became more diverse and more urban over the past decade as that continues you'll continue to see an upwards trend of mixed babies that grows faster and faster every year and will out number white babies soon enough.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are gonna be pushing this narrative hard all offseason to up there leverage for a potential trade down