Bears ready to move on from fields?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
You missed the part where he's RUN THE BALL LESS TIMES THAN LAMAR DID THAT SEASON and has oh IDK about 40 times run for 60+ yards. Lamars long run was 47. ??????

THE OFFENSE CAN ONLY DO ONE THING RIGHT. THE ENTIRE NFL PREPS FOR THE BEARS KNOWING ALL THEY CAN DO IS RUN FIELDS. HE STILL DOES IT EVERY WEEK. HOW TF DOES HAVING A SUCCESSFUL PASSING GAME DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN PROVE MY POINT. DO YOU THINK THE NFL DOESNT KNOW WHAT WE KNOW IN THAT FIELDS RUNNING IS THE BEARS WHOLE OFFENSE???
I'm not even arguing that Fields isn't the best rushing QB in the league right now. It's him and Lamar, then everyone else is a distant second. Just that Fields isn't a "generational talent" at running the ball.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I'm not even arguing that Fields isn't the best rushing QB in the league right now. It's him and Lamar, then everyone else is a distant second. Just that Fields isn't a "generational talent" at running the ball.
Who is better in the world at running the football from the QB position? Should I start saying "generational trait"? Is the point I'm making that a specific ability of his is generationally good not worth getting excited about?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Who is better in the world at running the football from the QB position? Should I start saying "generational trait"? Is the point I'm making that a specific ability of his is generationally good not worth getting excited about?
Who's the best chef who also plays running back? That would make their chef skills unmatched at the position, perhaps even generational.

I'm being hyperbolic here of course, but the point still remains. Fields being the best rusher in the league from the position isn't likely to lead us to a superbowl, it's just a bonus and an element that he'll hopefully be able to blend together well with his ability to chuck the ball, which is why we drafted him in the first place, not his running ability.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean the obvious answer is Lamar.

So because Fields is really great at one aspect of playing the position he’s generational?

I just don’t think you understand what generational means.
Not picking a side on the generational thing but what makes some of Justin's scrambles look so amazing his how smooth and effortless they appear. I think this adds to the mystique of why he has a level of special in him.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many years do you quantify as a generation?
Generations are typically defined by the period it takes for a child to go from in utero to the age of bearing their own children (typically a period of 25 -35 years). 10 year olds aren't having babies usually.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
We draft the top QB and trade Fields for a haul. I don't believe this staff wants Fields and it's not their pick so they don't feel pressure to keep him. I've seen nothing from this staff that says Justin is our guy moving forward. We don't protect him and let him run wild. He is a top athlete but not a QB that can run a NFL offense. He is great when the play breaks down but really bad from the pocket. I could go on and on but it all comes down too, this staff not trusting Fields to be a passing QB.

PS. These are not my personal opinions about Fields but what I think I see from the current staff.

I read this entire post in Mr Andersons voice from Beavis and Butthead inside of my head. Slow, slurred, and stupid.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the difference between Fields and Jackson is the team Fields plays for is so devoid of playmakers that the entire offense runs through him. that rival defenses are aware of this fact and Fields can still break off 60 yards in their ass. and I know what you're thinking, derp, he didn't do it against the Lions. the Lions, first of all, are a divisional rival, it's to be expected they play harder. the Lions are also in an overachiever mode to appease the likes of ncog-neat-O!! and make it look like they're actually good and shit. even if they made the playoffs there's at least 4 teams in the mix that will wipe them off the board with great ease.

the 2022 Bears are what they are. they're more depleted by injuries now than they were a month or two ago. that's apples and oranges. if you want to continue getting your blood pressure up about it and shit then have at it. I'll sleep the same way today as I did back in October. get lives. fucking nerds.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting thread, but who here wants to see Fields dominating the league as a 49er, Packer, or "team that hires Payton as HC"?

That's precisely what could happen, while we watch the bears try to get the QB position fixed yet again.

Or maybe just draft Young/Stroud, and have both and see which will bring the largest trade offers and still watch a QB that was here win with another team.

greg23

Liked Posts:
the difference between Fields and Jackson is the team Fields plays for is so devoid of playmakers that the entire offense runs through him. that rival defenses are aware of this fact and Fields can still break off 60 yards in their ass. and I know what you're thinking, derp, he didn't do it against the Lions. the Lions, first of all, are a divisional rival, it's to be expected they play harder. the Lions are also in an overachiever mode to appease the likes of ncog-neat-O!! and make it look like they're actually good and shit. even if they made the playoffs there's at least 4 teams in the mix that will wipe them off the board with great ease.

the 2022 Bears are what they are. they're more depleted by injuries now than they were a month or two ago. that's apples and oranges. if you want to continue getting your blood pressure up about it and shit then have at it. I'll sleep the same way today as I did back in October. get lives. fucking nerds.
I don't think much of Jackson as a passer but the Ravens are constantly devoid of any wr talent every year....they basically just provide him rb and te.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Interesting thread, but who here wants to see Fields dominating the league as a 49er, Packer, or "team that hires Payton as HC"?

That's precisely what could happen, while we watch the bears try to get the QB position fixed yet again.

Or maybe just draft Young/Stroud, and have both and see which will bring the largest trade offers and still watch a QB that was here win with another team.
it sucks that Ryan Pace put the team in a bad situation by trying extremely hard to be the smartest guy in the room. which is incredible when you consider the previous head coach Nagy had the same exact goals and they had to coexist together. Fields will be going into year 3 still as a relative question mark because they put the horse before the carriage by drafting a quarterback high (again) when there's really no offense to speak of outside RB and somewhat TE. his rushing accolades are impressive sure, but even I would like to see him do damage throwing the ball.

I'm just a realist, this team's offensive prowess is non-existent outside of running the ball, so I'm not going to poopoo Fields for it.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it sucks that Ryan Pace put the team in a bad situation by trying extremely hard to be the smartest guy in the room. which is incredible when you consider the previous head coach Nagy had the same exact goals and they had to coexist together. Fields will be going into year 3 still as a relative question mark because they put the horse before the carriage by drafting a quarterback high (again) when there's really no offense to speak of outside RB and somewhat TE. his rushing accolades are impressive sure, but even I would like to see him do damage throwing the ball.

I'm just a realist, this team's offensive prowess is non-existent outside of running the ball, so I'm not going to poopoo Fields for it.
This is exactly right. Imagine Fields with Sean Payton or Kyle Shanahan. The main reason we don't see any good offensive play is due to the ineptitude of this team. Nagy played 5 different QBs with different playing styles and all got similar results. Pace dug the hole this team is in regarding weapons and Poles, while trying, seems to have taken the shovel and continued. I'm hopeful he will right the ship, but it's going to take some time.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I don’t wonder at all why you dislike Lamar Jackson and Justin Fields.

Because he is a racist.

And you are a racist.

In fact, this entire message board is collectively the biggest racist piece of shit the entire known universe has ever contained and every single one of you should be locked inside the worst dungeon on the planet to do nothing with the rest of your lives but post your horrifically racist football takes on this fine website until the end of time.

........so can we move on now????