**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow, that's a real thinker right there. We keep our #1 or #2 pick and get the #13 pick and Q.Williams....................................

#1/#2--Bryce Young, CJ Stroud or Will Levis

#13--J.Addison, JSN, Q.Johnston, T.Wilson, B.Bresee, P.Skoronski, P.Johnson, B.Jones.

3T--Q.Williams
The Jets are not trading Q Williams. They won’t be trading for Fields either. It’ll be Jimmy G or a trade for Carr.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please re-read your original post and tell me the point you were making. Because you specifically mentioned teams further down needing to trade up, then lumped the Texans with a bunch of teams further down in the draft. I get you saw they have a pick in the teens and forgot they also pick #2
So they have two picks. If they are behind us at #2 they could go DL and then QB or take a QB at #2 or trade up "to get their guy." I think the Texans are still in play, is all I'm saying,.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm about 98% sure that between now and the draft, a handful of teams will get a hard on for at least a few of the QB candidates... and spread the usual info/mis-info after the combine and pro- days, which will all obviously work in our favor. ALWAYS happens.
We just have to hope there aren't 5 QB candidates teams evaluate equally (or close).

Two would be best. Three OK. After that? We don't need Richardson having anyone fall in love with him at the combine.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So they have two picks. If they are behind us at #2 they could go DL and then QB or take a QB at #2 or trade up "to get their guy." I think the Texans are still in play, is all I'm saying,.
Are you suggesting they are a trade up candidate with the Bears at #1 to get their QB because they took a DL at #2?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’m trying to figure out why everyone thinks last years WR draft class was so much better (as prospects) than this year.

At this point last year fans were hoping Olave would drop far enough down for the Bears to trade up and get him.
Aren't people comparing expectations for this year's class to actual results of last year's class, not expectations last spring? Olave and Wilson have done very well. Does anyone think SJN is actually better?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Aren't people comparing expectations for this year's class to actual results of last year's class, not expectations last spring? Olave and Wilson have done very well. Does anyone think SJN is actually better?
It’s pointless to make a comparison after last years class played a full year in the NFL. The valid comparison is both as prospects entering the draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s pointless to make a comparison after last years class played a full year in the NFL. The valid comparison is both as prospects entering the draft.

Its because 6 of the first 18 picks were WR last year.

This year there might be just 1 WR taken in the top 15 depending on how guys run in underwear.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting they are a trade up candidate with the Bears at #1 to get their QB because they took a DL at #2?
A lot of things could happen. They could trade the #12 for the #1, and then take QB/DE or DE/QB. They could swap picks, the #2 for the #1 to give up less, but are targeting THEIR GUY at #1. At #2 we then either trade down again (maybe even with HOU) or another team. Who knows?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

This year there might be just 1 WR taken in the top 15 depending on how guys run in underwear.
Yeah but point is that’s all hindsight. You don’t know how the draft is gonna go.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

A lot of it depends on what’s trendy in the NFL too. Seeing Jefferson and Chase do what they did as rookies, Titans GM said gtfo to AJ and drafted Burks.
There’s been several young DL making significant impacts to teams this season, that’ll be this years trend, which hopefully allows some of the FAs to actually hit the market.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Your post is still a little confusing but sounds like you not only think there isn't any OL in this draft worth our 1st round pick no matter where we pick but don't think there's any 1st round worthy OL in this draft at all. That's hard to believe for me but as i always say, i'm far from a "draft expert" or anything close to it even though i do pay a ton of attention to everything about the draft even the scouting combine.
It’s not just me. Dane Brugler basically said the same thing. It is a very weak OL class.
Do you have any other RB's you really like for us other than Bijan in any round?
It isn’t that I want a RB. It’s that I want the best offensive weapon in the draft. There’s nothing like Bijan in the draft, but Deuce Vaughn comes close. The issue is that he’s 5’6”! So, I actually want both, Bijan in the 1st and Deuce in the 5th.

The rest of the RB class is very good, but it isn’t the position I want. It’s the player.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You gonna be good with paying him somewhere around $17/$20 mil per in 4-5 years? If he's as good as we think he'll be then he's gonna get paid.
Of course. If he turns out to actualized his ability and becomes the weapon we hope he could be, pay the fucking man. What’s the problem?

If he’s averaging 18 tds and over 1k rushing and 1k passing, you pay the dude. I don’t even understand the need to ask the question. All this RB hate…

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course. If he turns out to actualized his ability and becomes the weapon we hope he could be, pay the fucking man. What’s the problem?

If he’s averaging 18 tds and over 1k rushing and 1k passing, you pay the dude. I don’t even understand the need to ask the question. All this RB hate…
If’s he’s averaging that per year in the NFL he’s not only a HOF’er he’s a legend. Highly doubt Robinson reaches those lofty expectations.
For context LT had 18+ tds in a season 4 times and there’s been 3 players in the history of the league to post 1k rushing and receiving in the same season.

He may be the best offensive weapon in the draft but if he averages 15-17k total yards and 10-12 tds he’d be worth the high pick it would take to get him and a second contract.

msadows

Liked Posts:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It’s not just me. Dane Brugler basically said the same thing. It is a very weak OL class.

It isn’t that I want a RB. It’s that I want the best offensive weapon in the draft. There’s nothing like Bijan in the draft, but Deuce Vaughn comes close. The issue is that he’s 5’6”! So, I actually want both, Bijan in the 1st and Deuce in the 5th.

The rest of the RB class is very good, but it isn’t the position I want. It’s the player.

Can't say I have watched enough to make an educated evaluation, but by the numbers you seem way too enamored with Bijan.
Bijan Robinson 6-0 215
1673105877166.png

Saquon Barkley 5-11 230
1673104972990.png

He seems to be S Barkley lite, both literally and statistically. Barkley is a good player, but hasn't been a matchup nightmare. In today's NFL there is not a single RB that strikes fear in defenses like the top 10 WR or even the top 2-3 TE's except for C McCaffery.

Christian McCaffery 5-11 202
1673105738584.png
if you are saying he is going to be the next CM, we need you and him to take a DNA test, as I think you might be his baby daddy.

Attachments

• 1673104802743.png
    1673104802743.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.