Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I worry about Anderson fitting in to a cover-2 scheme. If the Bears still had a 3-4, yeah, he's an easy pick for EDGE.

As for DT, I'm not thrilled with Bresee or Carter, but I like USC's Tuli Tuipulotu, who did have a LOT of production, and he'll be available later.

That said, I have no problem with a lot of interest in all three of them, because Arizona, Detroit and Seattle may give the Bears a bounty to move up to get "their" guy - even if we swing a deal with the Texans, and then see who is desperate. I could see the Bears coming away with something like 6, 12, 18, 49, 56, 65, 67, 97 in the first 100 picks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I worry about Anderson fitting in to a cover-2 scheme. If the Bears still had a 3-4, yeah, he's an easy pick for EDGE.

As for DT, I'm not thrilled with Bresee or Carter, but I like USC's Tuli Tuipulotu, who did have a LOT of production, and he'll be available later.

That said, I have no problem with a lot of interest in all three of them, because Arizona, Detroit and Seattle may give the Bears a bounty to move up to get "their" guy - even if we swing a deal with the Texans, and then see who is desperate. I could see the Bears coming away with something like 6, 12, 18, 49, 56, 65, 67, 97 in the first 100 picks.

Don’t

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I watched the game to get a look at Carter. Did not see anything that would get me to use the number 1 pick on him. He looked like a decent DT against OL that he should have dominated. If there are character issues move on to someone else. Hope the Bears do the homework. If you need any help let me know

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The best players in a particular draft are found outside the top 3 picks more often than not. I would take a quantity over quality approach with the Bears current situation. I’d see what offers there are to move down further and stock up on more 2023 and 2024 picks. This is a multi-year effort to right the ship. A single player even at # 1 will not change the trajectory too much outside of a franchise QB which the Bears already seem to have with Fields.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You got a ton of hate for using only sacks as a statistic and nothing else.
But this thread is a much stronger take and after 2 huge games of insignificant production doubting Carter is much more acceptable on this board.

My thread was more like "hey is this a concern" and people were like how dare you question the greatest DT prospect of the decade..

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was actually in Jalen Carter corner, but now, I'm having second thoughts. As dominant as he was during the season, he disappeared during championship games. A big red flag for me. If you don't getup for big games...
Agree but another big concern is he's had a number of concerning injuries and with stacked DL that always gets rotated in he didn't play all that many snaps. I went from Anderson to Carter and now back to favoring Anderson, this stuff is hard to figure out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
But this thread is a much stronger take and after 2 huge games of insignificant production doubting Carter is much more acceptable on this board.

My thread was more like "hey is this a concern" and people were like how dare you question the greatest DT prospect of the decade..
Hyperbole aside, I think people were merely pointing out that judging a 3-technique by sacks isn't the way to do it.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Hyperbole aside, I think people were merely pointing out that judging a 3-technique by sacks isn't the way to do it.
The reasonable posters certainly put it that way, but you know how things are around here with the kids. LOL.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Anderson is the only choice between the two of them. Bears should really focus in on Payne, I'm not so sure he gets tagged when they have Allen on the books. Paying two interior DL 40+ mill next season isn't the smartest for a team like Washington. Then again, it's Washington.
I really want Payne and hope Washington spends on a QB instead of so many $$'s on DL. I like Hargrave as well, maybe get both him and Payne.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I agree with that at the NFL level, but I don't really buy it as much of an excuse at the college level.

Like you can compare Carter to his D-Tackle peers in college and the production still underwhelms.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's standard on CCS. If you notice a legitimate issue that they haven't, they'll argue with you like it's the dumbest thing they've ever heard...then downplay when it turns out to be true.

Very early on I expressed concern over Fields not throwing with anticipation. Guess what Poles said in his interview yesterday? Anticipation is something Justin needs to work on.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree with that at the NFL level, but I don't really buy it as much of an excuse at the college level.

Like you can compare Carter to his D-Tackle peers in college and the production still underwhelms.
Could you cite the percentage of snaps Carter was double teamed vs. one-on-one? How do those compare with his peers in college?

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
They have to pay sweat and young....
I wouldnt be too sure about Young. He's been kind of a bust. Good rookie year, but even then he never displayed that pass rushing prowess that he did at OSU. His second year was very disappointing up until his injury, I think he came back a couple of weeks ago and plays limited snaps recovering from the knee... but still, very little from him.

It's shocking because between the Bosa's and Young, Young was the more dominant player in college and projected better in the NFL. I know Nick Bosa plays in a wide 9 in San Fran and they essentially let him play with whatever leverage he wants.. maybe Chase needs the same freedom?

Either way, they'd be foolish to break the bank for him.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
What's funny is that I don't think anyone here has mentioned sacks once. No one is judging based off sacks, they're judging him based off his lack of splash plays and lack of effort, it seems.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't watch much college football, but from what I've seen with Carter, I'm not impressed. Not that he looks awful, but I just don't think he's worth a top 4 pick. Or at least won't be when we look back on this draft in a few years.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What's funny is that I don't think anyone here has mentioned sacks once. No one is judging based off sacks, they're judging him based off his lack of splash plays and lack of effort, it seems.
There’s been an entire thread on his sack numbers.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
This is why, barring some team offering multiple 1st round picks, I wouldn't trade down any lower than #2, because Will Anderson is such a vastly superior prospect to any other non-QB position in this draft. Best defensive football player in college each of the past two seasons. So many "experts" are overthinking the hell out of this when it comes to Anderson/Carter. I want the guy who actually gets the quarterback on the ground.