Poles: Monty is coming back

Liked Posts:
He's missed 6 games in 4 years. I'm not sure that qualifies for an injury history.

Let's not quibble over the semantics, he's had knee/ankle injures over the past two seasons & you can easily replace his production with a Dameon Pierce type in the 4th round.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Let's not quibble over the semantics, he's had knee/ankle injures over the past two seasons & you can easily replace his production with a Dameon Pierce type in the 4th round.
No, he's not really injury prone. It's not semantics.

I would say that you could replace his production, but it's very unlikely you'll replace his pass blocking or route running, and I think those things are pretty important to Fields this year.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
JF was # 7 in rushing yards in the entire NFL with 100 - 200 fewer carries. I think Dalvin Cook had less than 10 more yards rushing with over 100 more carries.
Jeez i was wondering what the hell he was talking about with herbert...
Ok?

If you click on the article the op linked to you’d realize it was literally a quote and typo from the article. That’s all

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not all late round RBs turn into Dameon Pierce and hes our best pass blocking back. if hes not expensive you can afford to bring him back

mecha

Liked Posts:
not all late round RBs turn into Dameon Pierce and hes our best pass blocking back. if hes not expensive you can afford to bring him back
he's not in the conversation of being one of the top RBs in the league. I don't even know if he's ever been talked about nationally, but I don't follow any of that anyway. regardless, I don't think he'll be expensive to retain based on the criteria I just outlined.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he's not in the conversation of being one of the top RBs in the league. I don't even know if he's ever been talked about nationally, but I don't follow any of that anyway. regardless, I don't think he'll be expensive to retain based on the criteria I just outlined.

True but what players and teams think about a players worth differ all the time. And being a RB, I wouldn't blame Monty for taking more money. Their shelf life isn't long usually

mecha

Liked Posts:
True but what players and teams think about a players worth differ all the time. And being a RB, I wouldn't blame Monty for taking more money. Their shelf life isn't long usually
if you read what people say here, no ones is at every other position besides quarterback or kickers.

Montgomery is great for a Bears player, I don't know what his value would be like elsewhere. I'm sure he likes playing with the Bears, so it might work all around. I like his versatility, that's why I say don't just dismiss him as being a pure runner, cause that's false. plus he has veteran status among a bunch of newbies. he's like a lesser Matt Forte, he got paid.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would understand the move, but it would be very uninspiring. He's good at the things Herbert is bad at (pass blocking, pass catching), but he's just so damn slow and non-explosive as a runner.

If he's back, they need to feature Herbert more in the offense next season and have Montgomery in there as more of a 3rd down back.
considering Herbert couldn't stop a paraplegic from getting to Fields, we might need Monty more than just on 3rd down