Will Daron Payne hit free agency?

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I don’t think it is a thing in the NFL, but can someone trade for Payne prior to FA to get exclusive negotiating rights?
that ship had sailed at the trade deadline. Washington can tag him and trade him, however.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hargrave will be 30 next year, and has been above average for his entire career up until 2021 and 22. Payne would be 30 in the last year of a five year deal.

I'm not sure what you mean by well rounded against the run, but I don't think he's as versatile as Payne is.

I just wonder how the person who led all IDL in tackles for loss this past season is not good against the run.
Cuz he says so!!! Lol

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hargrave will be 30 next year, and has been above average for his entire career up until 2021 and 22. Payne would be 30 in the last year of a five year deal.

I'm not sure what you mean by well rounded against the run, but I don't think he's as versatile as Payne is.

I just wonder how the person who led all IDL in tackles for loss this past season is not good against the run.

Hargrave turn 31 next year his birthday is next month.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Payne and Anderson would be a great tag team. I’m worried that if we trade back past the cardinals, the cardinals will select Anderson. If we get Carter because of that, is there an above average DE in FA to pair with Carter?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1. Next NFL year, I doubt even you are too dumb to understand what that meant.
2. He will be 30 in 2024 too, even though he turns 31 in that year.

1. Have you ever heard of the playoffs because I'm pretty sure I'm watching games today.

2. The discussion was what he is turning not what he will be at the start of the year but I'm not trying to start problems so please don't get offended.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
1. Have you ever heard of the playoffs because I'm pretty sure I'm watching games today.

2. The discussion was what he is turning not what he will be at the start of the year but I'm not trying to start problems so please don't get offended.
The discussion was what he is turning? WTF? Who mentioned turning anything before you?

Next year is the 2023 football season when speaking about the NFL usually.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The discussion was what he is turning? WTF? Who mentioned turning anything before you?

Next year is the 2023 football season when speaking about the NFL usually.

You did.

Hargrave will be 30 next year

& He will be 31 at the end of the season and the end of the year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You did.

& He will be 31 at the end of the season and the end of the year.
You know there is a difference between someone being an age and someone turning an age?

I can't imagine you are doing this to be anything other than annoying.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know there is a difference between someone being an age and someone turning an age?

I can't imagine you are doing this to be anything other than annoying.

Why is this something you need to argue about? Please go outside and get some fresh air.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why is this something you need to argue about? Please go outside and get some fresh air.
You brought it up. you are also arguing about, and I am actually going out to kick the soccer ball around with my son RN.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You brought it up. you are also arguing about, and I am actually going out to kick the soccer ball around with my son RN.

Cool you do that but that's my son.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I was pretty confident Washington would let payne walk for many reasons early in the season. They hadn't tried to extend him, how much they already had allocated to DT with two big DEs to extend as well, they drafted a replacement for payne out of Bama last year.

But I think payne had too good of a season for them to let him walk unfortunately. If he'd had a 5 or 6 sack season I think they let him walk and I'd have been thrilled to sign him too, because contrary to unpopular belief (@Enasic) he is very good against the run and has also been decent in passing situations as well

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's the cheapest option at DE. Payne plays DT which is a 3 technique position they both play on the defensive line but DT and DE have different roles. So it's not really applicable.

Most people think they'll keep Sweat and go away with Young at DE. I wouldn't say anyone assumes what you said.
Thanks for the roster breakdown, Matt Bowen, but Its applicable because its easier to find a DE who gives you the production Sweat does than what Payne does. If anyone is the priority to sign on that team, its one of the most disruptive and healthy interior DL in the league.

And yes im seeing a lot of assumptions that the best guy on that DL is going to be the one that doesnt get paid. thanks.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks for the roster breakdown, Matt Bowen, but Its applicable because its easier to find a DE who gives you the production Sweat does than what Payne does. If anyone is the priority to sign on that team, its one of the most disruptive and healthy interior DL in the league.

And yes im seeing a lot of assumptions that the best guy on that DL is going to be the one that doesnt get paid. thanks.

Payne isn't the best DT on the team Allen is by a good margin but Payne is still young and may hit another level.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to debating this for the “check’s calendar” two months!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Payne isn't the best DT on the team Allen is by a good margin but Payne is still young and may hit another level.
Payne had 11.5 sacks and 18 TFLs. Allen aint doing that right now.

He doesn't even need to hit another level. If you know you're getting that from a DT you'd be damn happy with it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah man that’s fair. I totally get going all in on Payne and making him perhaps the highest paid defensive player in the league. He’ll likely get close to it. I get it
Yeah he's got to be the top guy to go after IMO. Hopefully he's actually ascending and what we've seen from him this year isn't just to get paid and he won't drop off some after he does. I agree that having so much talent around him on that DL helps him but i would also think the Bears are also planning on putting some top talent around him even if it takes 2 years to get the guys we need.