Bears have a new president

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly I’m not impressed at all. Believe me I want to be, but this guy just sounds like a ra ra cheerleader with no new ideas. ?

(On the football side)

Sounds like a phenomenal businessman who will make the McCaskeys money though.
Not sure what you were looking for at an intro press conference? Maybe let him get into the role for a bit. This was 100x better than anything we've ever heard from past Presidents and yeah it did come off a bit of Ra Ra Ra. He did refer to himself as a 'stadium nerd.' I can't wait to see what he accomplishes - Bears are going to get a state of the art stadium, finally imo

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure what you were looking for at an intro press conference? Maybe let him get into the role for a bit. This was 100x better than anything we've ever heard from past Presidents and yeah it did come off a bit of Ra Ra Ra. He did refer to himself as a 'stadium nerd.' I can't wait to see what he accomplishes - Bears are going to get a state of the art stadium, finally imo

Anything.

One tidbit.

Anything.

I got pom poms.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That was probably the most impressive presser the bears have ever had, at least since I’ve been paying attention for the past 25 yrs.

It’s so weird. It’s almost like watching an actual professional sports franchise in a top three market…

Here's here to get the Bears to be run as exactly that.... so they can sell the team for Top Dollar.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hope he wasn't sitting beside any of the CCS racists

It does crack me up that I was fighting with people not even 5 years ago here defending the McCaskeys against accusations of racism.

Fast forward 5 years, and the Bears have a black QB, a black GM, the first black CEO in the NFL, and now I am arguing with people who somehow think Mitch was a better prospect than Fields and accusing them of being racist due to their denial of actual facts.

What a wild ride....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is a tidbit you seek?
Like I said. Anything. He was asked in the presser and on radio and pivoted every time.

But hey, I get it. This is like draft day and everyone is going to the HOF, so all criticism will fall on deaf ears today.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Like I said. Anything. He was asked in the presser and on radio and pivoted every time.

But hey, I get it. This is like draft day and everyone is going to the HOF, so all criticism will fall on deaf ears today.
Only when the criticism doesn't actually make sense

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
"Have we gotten the quarterback situation completely right? No," Phillips said.

yeah, it wasn’t that…..

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You're going to have to give an example...you can't just say 'anything'. What does that even mean?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're going to have to give an example...you can't just say 'anything'. What does that even mean?
Something he learned from Dick Vermeil. Or the Vikings. Or an acknowledged nod to this organization’s failure at the QB position and how we’re going to support the one we have now. Something about analytics. Increasing the scouting department.

Literally any fucking thing other than “these fans are great and deserve a Super Bowl”. I’ve heard this shit a thousand times before.

So you tell me…. What made this “100x” greater than past presidents?

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Something he learned from Dick Vermeil. Or the Vikings. Or an acknowledged nod to this organization’s failure at the QB position and how we’re going to support the one we have now. Something about analytics. Increasing the scouting department.

I don’t now man. Literally any fucking thing other than “these fans are great and deserve a Super Bowl”. I’ve heard this shit a thousand times before.

So you tell me…. What made this “100x” greater than past presidents?
He said his sole focus is the Arlington project right now, why would he be coming up with winning strategies? That's poles job.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He said his sole focus is the Arlington project right now, why would he be coming up with winning strategies? That's poles job.
I think we should write him off because he even starts!

Bears fans, man.

Bears finally get rid of Teddy, who was an accountant and bring in a guy who has built a stadium and also worked out multi million (billion?) dollar media deals. Been around football his whole life, in the NFL and in college. Extensive experience across the board. He's not apart of the McCaskey family and brings a fresh perspective/outside voice. Finally. And we got people ready to burn down Halas Hall because he was to positive in his introductory press conference. Lolz

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Poles reports to him and he is Poles boss.

Shouldn’t he have something to say about the football side if Poles is reporting to him?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Poles reports to him and he is Poles boss.

Shouldn’t he have something to say about the football side if Poles is reporting to him?
Well sounds like he starts in early spring, so maybe he hasn't been able to critique poles plan that will be reported to him in several months yet.

Also, I think you are expecting more from him than is his job. My hope is he'll be more competent at helping out the football people and choosing the correct ones if/when that time comes. I don't think he's really involved in the day to day handling which feels like what you are asking for