Did the Bears Make a Mistake Hiring Eberflus?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Players see this shit on the sideline. They just as frustrated when a series of poor play calls happen.

Am sure Daboll got some extra marks from his players for this scene. Meanwhile Eberflus tapping Getsy's buttocks when his series of shit play calls resulted in Fields getting hurt.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Still finished as the worst defense in the league. Bringing in Alan Williams was a terrible decision.

Again, defense doesn’t win anymore in this league.

If you get a qb that stays with team for a long time you can eventually build a great defense and that will help. But without a QB and good to great offense, no chance.

Even running the ball whcih seems to be a big part of his overall philosophy isn’t important. We had the best running game in nfl by a pretty large margin and still had the worst offense and won 3 games!
LOL @ Alan Williams being the problem with a bunch of literal nobodies in the front seven! :jonesy:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still finished as the worst defense in the league. Bringing in Alan Williams was a terrible decision.

Again, defense doesn’t win anymore in this league.

If you get a qb that stays with team for a long time you can eventually build a great defense and that will help. But without a QB and good to great offense, no chance.

Even running the ball whcih seems to be a big part of his overall philosophy isn’t important. We had the best running game in nfl by a pretty large margin and still had the worst offense and won 3 games!
Yes Alan Williams was a poor decision but most nepotism hires are a bad idea. His defense finished as one of the worst because they traded away their best defensive players and JJ/EJ was out or injured a good portion of the season. No coach would have had this talentless defense statistically better.

And the better defense has won the last 5 out of the last 7 super bowls. The better offense has only won 2 out of the last 7.

Bust

Liked Posts:
And the better defense has won the last 5 out of the last 7 super bowls. The better offense has only won 2 out of the last 7.

what a dumb sugarcoat stat. anything that makes you happy tho is all good bruh

/highfive lovable loser bear fans!

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
I'm leaning that way. Eberflus was not a very 'sexy' hire. I wanted Daboll and would have even been okay with Pederson. Never really wanted a defensive guy.

With that said, I don't think this season was a very good indicator. We knew it was going to be bad (4-6 wins) and then Poles went scorched earth middle of the season and tore this thing down to the foundation. No matter the coach, results would have been similar imo. I'll give him his time and hope it pans out, but I can't say I was ever excited about the hire.
I wanted DaBoll too but him and Joe Schoen were a package deal. Once The Giants hired him as their general manager I knew Brian would follow him. So the question is who do you want more Poles or Daboll? We'll find out soon?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's less about the HC than the OC. When they are de facto one in the same, you're not losing your offense if successful. I like Flus as a HC but can we keep a consistently good OC?

You could say the same about the D but it's not. They are exponentially less complex..

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People expecting results when the roster was busted down to the foundation for a reason is beyond stupid

We knew what this season would look like. It was about cutting salaries and acquiring draft capital

The fact that they were in so many 1 score games with very very little talent says alot about the coaching staff

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The hits principle in my opinion is fucking stupid, sounds sophomoric and every team grades loafing and teaches a system of their own too.

I prefer they focused on tackling fundamentals bc there were tons of times where guys trying to play the ball would miss tackles or let them gain more yards.

Tackle right and tackle hard. Vast majority of fumbles come from hitting qb’s. Rb’s seem to not fumble that much considering the amount of Carries they have.

How did the Vic fanfio at head coach work out and he’s a much superior and proven d coordinator than eberflus.

I also guarantee that Poles did not and would not have picked him for the job.

Brian Daboll just made the second round of playoffs with an equally bad team. Proof

Brian Daboll was a Velus Jones punt return muff away from losing to the Bears

mecha

Liked Posts:
Daboll interviewed with the Bears tho . . . so it wasn't like there wasn't interest. Just like Bruce Arians wanted to coach the bears back in the day.

Bears just blow bruh

Look at this shit!, #BRUTAL
I thought he did. what a blunder. he wasn't going to work the same magic with the Bears though.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I thought he did. what a blunder. he wasn't going to work the same magic with the Bears though.

have you noticed how close the games are in the nfl? it's mostly decided by 10 points or less. Rare to see a double digit spread.

look at the results of these scores from a 13 win viking team to a 1st overall pick bears. Half the games could have gone either way. get off to good start, ride the momentum and all of a sudden the team starts to believe.

mecha

Liked Posts:
have you noticed how close the games are in the nfl? it's mostly decided by 10 points or less. Rare to see a double digit spread.

look at the results of these scores from a 13 win viking team to a 1st overall pick bears. Half the games could have gone either way. get off to good start, ride the momentum and all of a sudden the team starts to believe.

2022 Bears never checked out. I don't think you can say the locker room is an issue under Eberflus. with such a strong talent differential they held in a lot of games they realistically shouldn't have.

Bust

Liked Posts:
yah they did at the end of the year. can't blame them for quitting on the headcoach. am sure watching his film pinpointing <hustle> plays get drab after awhile.

All about standards. This mofo visibly frustrated at a coaching staff member for a 19 play field goal ending drive. Eberflus would be slapping butts and giving highfives.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Too early to say, but if I had to lay my money on an outcome, I’d say he’s fired in 3-4 years and Poles is on to his final head coaching hire.

After decades of inept Bears management and coaching, I’ve seen nothing so far to tell me that **this** is the head coach and **this** is the GM who are going to take the Bears to the promised land. That could evolve as time passes, though.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Brian Daboll was a Velus Jones punt return muff away from losing to the Bears
3-13 and 9-8 and second round of playoffs???

The giants also had zero talent other than Barkley at rb and he got Daniel Jones to throw for 1000 more yards than our qb and Daniel Jones is half the talent that Fields is!

Not to mention what he did with Allen and the bills and yet I’m wrong???

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wanted DaBoll too but him and Joe Schoen were a package deal. Once The Giants hired him as their general manager I knew Brian would follow him. So the question is who do you want more Poles or Daboll? We'll find out soon?

At least at this point, why would anyone say Poles?

What has he ever shown vs what Daboll has shown?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
3-13 and 9-8 and second round of playoffs???

The giants also had zero talent other than Barkley at rb and he got Daniel Jones to throw for 1000 more yards than our qb and Daniel Jones is half the talent that Fields is!

Not to mention what he did with Allen and the bills and yet I’m wrong???
Giants have a lot of talent on the OL and DL. That DL can get after QB’s

But it’s still impressive nonetheless