Poles in win win spot w QB

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Has “shown very little to no evidence he can be the QB moving forward.”

Seriously? Wow. SMH!

As a passer! There haven’t been many of any signs that he can be the guy! Maholmes has the same level of receivers if not worse than we have- they have no Mooney.

Not saying he can’t but it has yet to be determined!!!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As a passer! There haven’t been many of any signs that he can be the guy! Maholmes has the same level of receivers if not worse than we have- they have no Mooney.

Not saying he can’t but it has yet to be determined!!!
Let me guess the first 300 yard game will be the sign????

Also nice that you ignored that mahomes, who simply is the best player on the planet, has Travis Kelce and is coached by a future HOF offensive HC.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why on earth would i compare the Bears weapons to the 49ers weapons? That would be stupid. The Bears won 3 games and the 49ers are playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Do you understand the conversation that's going on here that you jumped into?
That one?

Lets just stop acting like he didn't have any weapons because he did. We all know he needs a #1 WR and a better OL but again, lets just stop saying he didn't have any weapons because he did.
So explain the weapons that he did have.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Poles decides to either move on or stick with Fields, it’s a win win.

If he stays with Poles and he stinks- he didn’t draft him and no one would hold it against him.

If he trades Fields and picks someone he absolutely loves the clock starts all over again and has another few years.

That having been said, he can ride his tenure out longer with choice number one.

Who is a huge issue with GM’s. Let’s be honest Fields has shown very little to no evidence that he can be the QB moving forward.

So, for the rebuild purpose, drafting the best QB according to him would reset the rookie clock. As Fields has lost two years.

This kind of move would take extreme BALLS and Poles has shown to not care and for all we know told ownership that he didn’t think he was the guy.

Last thought, I/we really don’t fully understand the affect the money/attendance etc has to do with player personnel decisions. Fields is beloved by Bears fans and a lot more people watch the Bears bc he is so damn exciting and fun to watch.

I personally think he could win a Super Bowl or maybe two as I just don’t think his tenure will last that long for health reasons.

AgainC I would keep him but my point is that the perfect recipe exists for him to get rid of him if he wants. It’s very hard/easy to get the first pick of the draft depending on how you look at it and it doesn’t happen too often for a franchise so he could use that to sell the McCaskeys but I also don’t have the Metrics to see how much money Fields brings in the Bears being who he is and how he plays.
Y’all can stop reading right there

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Fields, even though he is not a good passer, can win games against the non-elite defenses with his running ability. His elite rushing ability will not have the Bears getting a # 1 overall pick.
Ummm ... what did his elite rushing ability get the Bears this year?

On top of that, you do know that defensive coordinators will have a full offseason to plan on ways to stop that elite rushing ability. If Fields does not get better blocking and some receivers who can get open, in addition to him improving as a passer, he will not rush as well as he did in 2022.

If the Bears can force teams to cover the whole field, if the line keep Fields from running for his life and if Fields can take the next step or two forward as a passer, 2023 could be the start of something special.

If the problems above are not addressed, Fields might not make it through the entire 2023 season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Maybe not but maholmes had a shitty line last year and his wr’s this year are average at best
Name a receiver (not just WR) who is as good as Kelcey on the Bears. #1 receivers come in all sizes. Sometimes they are TEs.

How did Mahomes do in the Super Bowl when he was just missing his two tackles, but had his full compliment of receivers and running backs and his excellent head coach/play caller?

Every game this year, Fields had to deal with a rookie LT, a bad RT and C, injured guards, a rookie play caller and receivers who were considerably worse than KC had in the Super Bowl.

There is no doubt that Mahomes has done great things this NFL season (all seasons, actually), but don't you think that comparing Fields to the probable future GOAT, who is in a much better situation than Fields, is a little unfair?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Poles is in a really envious position right now with the quarterback.

He can get Fields some good weapons without hurting the Bears salary-cap-wise, and truly see if he's definitely the guy this year. If Fields succeeds, awesome, he can continue to fill out the roster. If Fields fails, the Bears will probably have another top 5 pick (maybe even two top 5/top 10 picks if they play their cards right) and Poles can get his own quarterback in the 2024 Draft, and that clock slowly starts.

Really fortunate position for Poles right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Name a receiver (not just WR) who is as good as Kelcey on the Bears. #1 receivers come in all sizes. Sometimes they are TEs.

How did Mahomes do in the Super Bowl when he was just missing his two tackles, but had his full compliment of receivers and running backs and his excellent head coach/play caller?

Every game this year, Fields had to deal with a rookie LT, a bad RT and C, injured guards, a rookie play caller and receivers who were considerably worse than KC had in the Super Bowl.

There is no doubt that Mahomes has done great things this NFL season (all seasons, actually), but don't you think that comparing Fields to the probable future GOAT, who is in a much better situation than Fields, is a little unfair?
LOL. Our projected 2nd best WR was one that KC let fall off the bottom of their roster.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I mostly agree, although I feel there is a level of nuance. I think most people won't blame him insofar as deciding to run with Fields again. Fields has a lot to work, but I think most people can agree he showed himself as an intriguing enough prospect who isn't a finished product quite yet.

Also like others have stated, whose gonna blame him for trading down for a major haul? Sure the hindsight guys will be out for blood if one of these QBs turns into a superstar, but looking at the picture as a whole, if you were to poll everyone I think the majority would say trading down is the better move, as this team has more holes than Swiss Cheese, and probably isn't 1 Bryce Young or Will Anderson away from actually playing NFL level ball.

I think all of that is the easy stuff. The tough thing is for Poles to actually acquire the right offensive players. If we don't get some more electric playmakers, and some better Olineman Poles will be judged on his inability to bring in the right players to help Fields (Or the QB after Fields if we do go a different direction).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That one?

So explain the weapons that he did have.
Since you aren't paying attention and maybe don't know the players on the Bears roster i'll say it again.

D.Mooney
C.Claypool
C.Kmet

Then of course we have a good running game with Monty and Herbert but those 3 were what should of been his top weapons and ones that he should of been able to do more with then he did. They're better weapons than D.Jones had with the Giants and he's in the 2nd round of the playoffs. If you don't think any of those 3 are good weapons then i'm also guessing you don't want any of the 3 to get re-signed?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Mahomes would of easily thrown for 3,500+ yards if he was the QB of this Bears team last year.

And you spelt Kelce wrong.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Let me guess the first 300 yard game will be the sign????

Also nice that you ignored that mahomes, who simply is the best player on the planet, has Travis Kelce and is coached by a future HOF offensive HC.
I think Mahomes is just that good, that’s my point.

I forgot about Kelce but you also did not mention anything about the wr’s.

Yes, he does have the best or one of the best HC’s of all time and we have Flus and Getsy.

I have not said that I don’t believe Fields can be a great passing QB. Stats are but one barometer to judge a player but much is lost in translation.

I just simply could see Poles, a new GM making a move for HIS own QB. Again, I think ego is a huge issue for GM’s.

Look at Pace, the last couple of years while he was on the hot seat, he did things to try and save his job and not do what was best for the franchise. This is where the owners need to step in and take control of the GM.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Since you aren't paying attention and maybe don't know the players on the Bears roster i'll say it again.

D.Mooney
C.Claypool
C.Kmet

Then of course we have a good running game with Monty and Herbert but those 3 were what should of been his top weapons and ones that he should of been able to do more with then he did. They're better weapons than D.Jones had with the Giants and he's in the 2nd round of the playoffs. If you don't think any of those 3 are good weapons then i'm also guessing you don't want any of the 3 to get re-signed?
3 weapons

What were the receiving percentages with all of those three weapons?

Kmet had a very good 72.5%, Mooney had a good 65.6%. Claypool? He had a crappy 48.3%.

These numbers show who should be resigned (Kmet) and who is still a wait and see (Claypool). Mooney is another matter because of his injury, he is also a wait and see as insurance of coming back healthy.

That brings the weapons down to 2.

Kmet had a good year and he is a weapon, but just not elite TE level yet.

Mooney is not a #1 receiver. When he went against the top CB on a team, he was much less effective. A #2 WR is usually not considered a weapon unless there is a true #1 receiver to eliminate the need to play against the top receiver, plus a safety leaning in #1 receiver's direction.

That brings the weapons down to 1.

Fields had 1 weapon who was not elite even in the TE position. He is good and hopefully he can grow to become elite among TEs.

Now add to that a porous offensive line, a rookie play caller and Justin's own shortcomings, and you end up with a really bad passing game.

The Bears need to solidify the offensive line (C, LG and RT at the minimum) to allow Fields the time to consider reading the pass progressions his priority, not running for his life while also allowing more time for a receiver to get open. They should probably look for a one or two year rental of a top, aged WR to allow Mooney to drop to #2 WR, to give Fields another safety blanket (Kmet) and to reliably win his match up against CB #1.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Mahomes would of easily thrown for 3,500+ yards if he was the QB of this Bears team last year.

And you spelt Kelce wrong.
He wouldn't have lasted the whole year.

Him playing QB for the 2022 Bears would have been like him playing against the Bucs in the Super Bowl. Yes, he had good passing yards (gross), but his net yards were not as good because he was getting rushed, hit, beaten on every play.

His offensive line in that Super Bowl were much better than what he would have had in 2022 because, in the Super Bowl, he only had to worry about his two OTs. In 2022, he would have had to worry about every single position on the offensive line allowing a free runner at him.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let’s be honest Fields has shown very little to no evidence that he can be the QB moving forward.
Some of you are so stupid, man. The dude was literally a superhero on several occasions for entire games, and motherfuckers think this. Go get your motherfucking head checked.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He wouldn't have lasted the whole year.

Him playing QB for the 2022 Bears would have been like him playing against the Bucs in the Super Bowl. Yes, he had good passing yards (gross), but his net yards were not as good because he was getting rushed, hit, beaten on every play.

His offensive line in that Super Bowl were much better than what he would have had in 2022 because, in the Super Bowl, he only had to worry about his two OTs. In 2022, he would have had to worry about every single position on the offensive line allowing a free runner at him.
Didn't read the long post before this one but to this one, Mahomes would of lasted because he knows how to get the ball out quick and knows how to throw WR's open and doesn't have that long throwing motion that Fields has and....................................lets just say he's really good in the passing game.

mecha

Liked Posts:
CCS people billed Mahomes as the one man difference maker prior to that Super Bowl. it's been 2 years and people at CCS still can't figure out football is a team sport and seemingly the quarterback alone can't do it.

but for some strange reason, Fields did. but hey, something something sports mockery bleacher report FrAnChIsE qUaRtErBaCk!11

the certain lot of you sound like 8 year old children arguing on a playground