**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Everyone here keeps talking about overspending in CCS or general public context.

I’m talking about what Poles thinks is overspending.

I’m sure he understands perfectly that some positions are worth more. He’s mentioned “premium” positions before so obviously those will be valued more.

All I’m saying is if Poles thinks Payne is worth 25 mil and some team is at 28…. He’s not going to 30 just because he has the money.

He’s moving on to Plan B DT.
Certainly, and this would be the area that he said in interview and you recalled before: he will be selective with his FA dollars. I agree with you there, but I am disagreeing that Roquan is a good example of his overall strategy (at least until we see how he spends on positions determined to be more important to the team).

I agree, he wont act like it is supermarket sweep. This isnt a grocery budget for people that can't balance a checkbook. However, I do see him as being the team that bids to 28M on the player worth 25M (for the example) for his selective FA strategy, and beat out anyone that tries to compete with that with more guaranteed money, and more of it up front. If that is Payne, well, I give that a hell yes. I think that that move is justifiable within the overall DL budget (which could very well exceed $50M in new money this year and none of us would blink an eye at the price tag), and he has a flexible position on when/how to assign the money so that any negative impact is absorbed at an opportunistic time.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
so sick of disingenuous bullshit on this site.

Put me in this crowd as well. If you're not happy with Fields set yourself up to get a QB next year. If you are then maybe you'll be in position to trade the pick again.
or nab a player like Marvin Harrison Jr, etc. if Fields does end up panning out. Landing that 2024 extra 1st rd pick is a must in any trade.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In all seriousness… that was way to much vortexing for the news threat. My apologies to anyone that follows this for news.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
id like to talk about how Poles is going to overspend on FAs because thats just something that happens in the NFL when you need to fill roster spots with proven talent.
But it's not an overspend if Poles doesn't think it is and if it is hes going to PLAN B!

Anyways, it's all subjective an CCS opinions don't matter so let's just not talk about it

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Poles has a value for each player.

It’s HIS budget for each player.

What CCS thinks doesn’t matter!

So keep on debating weather YOU think it’s an overpay or not…. Your opinion is not relevant.

All I’ve been trying to beat into your thick skulls is he’s going to stick to that value that he has set and move on if the player exceeds it.

Roquan is the perfect example. He made him an offer. He wanted him here. The value exceeded Pole’s value so he moved on.
It seems like everyone thinks you're saying he won't sign any high dollar players, but seems to me that what you're saying is he won't go over what he thinks a player is worth in his eyes, which none of us would obviously know what those prices are but Poles and his closest guys around him.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Now that we've all been lectured about Poles spending habits in FA, what would you like to discuss?
Can I add this lecture to my resume? Guest speakers get good money for little work.

It is too early for any news on potential draftees, but are we tired of talking about OL prospects that could be taken in the top 100?

Can I lecture about how successfully drafting OLmen will give Poles more room to overspend in FA?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But it's not an overspend if Poles doesn't think it is and if it is hes going to PLAN B!

Anyways, it's all subjective an CCS opinions don't matter so let's just not talk about it
I’m not going to reply here anymore.

If you and the boys want to coordinate your rebuttals in the Trolling Centre I’ll gladly discuss in another thread!

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
We'll see how this offseason goes but every day it looks more and more to me like the best path forward for the WR position is stocking draft assets in '24 to make a run at Marvin Harrison Jr.