**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We'll see how this offseason goes but every day it looks more and more to me like the best path forward for the WR position is stocking draft assets in '24 to make a run at Marvin Harrison Jr.
You can't really bank on that though. Sure, sounds great in theory but that draft is 15+ months from now. Alot can happen. Trading down and picking up an extra first next year (maybe more) should be what happens, but Poles should still look for a WR this year too.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You can't really bank on that though. Sure, sounds great in theory but that draft is 15+ months from now. Alot can happen. Trading down and picking up an extra first next year (maybe more) should be what happens, but Poles should still look for a WR this year too.
Poles will be very calculated. He'd never overpay. He had Claypool valued as a high first rounder, so not an overpay. Justin Jones lack of production was worth $8 million as well

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poles has a value for each player.

It’s HIS budget for each player.

What CCS thinks doesn’t matter!

So keep on debating weather YOU think it’s an overpay or not…. Your opinion is not relevant.

All I’ve been trying to beat into your thick skulls is he’s going to stick to that value that he has set and move on if the player exceeds it.

Roquan is the perfect example. He made him an offer. He wanted him here. The value exceeded Pole’s value so he moved on.

I do think anyone disagrees with this generally. I think the 2 issues are:

1. You can never prove this is the case because you will likely never know his personal valuations. So a bit of sophistry.

2. There are always exceptions. There isn't a GM or coach that has never go against his stated principles because life happens. It is clear Poles and Flus did not value ILB highly. Doesn't mean that is how they would value a 3T or Edge player.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so sick of disingenuous bullshit on this site.

Put me in this crowd as well. If you're not happy with Fields set yourself up to get a QB next year. If you are then maybe you'll be in position to trade the pick again.

This would be the goal. This draft Bears can set themselves up for the future by trading down multiple times. You get 2 2024 firsts out of this and then you can do what the Pats used to do and trade current picks for future picks and continually have excess draft capital every year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not a good player and substantially less talented than Carter and Anderson per @BaBaBlacksheep
I said he was good. (My initial reply should have probably read looking for great players which would have left good as a category below)

The second part is correct. I don’t think he’s in the same class as those two.

Carter/Anderson = great prospects

Wilson = good prospect

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poles will be very calculated. He'd never overpay. He had Claypool valued as a high first rounder, so not an overpay. Justin Jones lack of production was worth $8 million as well

No one said Poles is infallible.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This would be the goal. This draft Bears can set themselves up for the future by trading down multiple times. You get 2 2024 firsts out of this and then you can do what the Pats used to do and trade current picks for future picks and continually have excess draft capital every year.
Trading down with the Colts to fourth overall then with Carolina back to ninth and then down again to another team like Washington or Tampa Bay who might want to catch a quarterback who has slid a little bit could feasibly give the Bears four 2024 firsts.

Unfortunately this Bears GM blew a third round comp pick to get Byron Pringle then traded the thirty-second overall for Chase Claypool. So what we are more likely to get are stupid win-now moves at the expense of draft capital.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has that done the Pats lots of good? They really don’t seem to have drafted well lately.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
We'll see how this offseason goes but every day it looks more and more to me like the best path forward for the WR position is stocking draft assets in '24 to make a run at Marvin Harrison Jr.
I mean, the Bears not only have this offseason, but they have an actual full season of football games to play, plus a second round of free agency in 2024 before even getting to the 2024 draft.

It's pretty silly to look that far ahead and want for a specific player. There are tons of players in the draft and in the league that will become available by 2024. There are tons of OTHER WRs in the draft the next 2 years. The Bears could trade for Tee Higgins. Hell, he could be a free agent before the next draft as well and you can just sign him. Or any number of players at WR.

The Bears could still have issues on the OL, they could still have issues on defense, they could find out that Fields isn't good enough. QB, OL, and things like pass rusher would all take priority over WR for me.

I implore you guys to look at other WR prospects. Sure, maybe he's generational like Jamarr Chase, but there very well could be a Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith in next year's draft as well. Harrison Jr could get a crazy NIL deal and stay in college. He could pull a hamstring in week 1 and sit out the rest of the year like his teammate and hurt his draft stock. He could run a 4.6. He could tear an ACL in the playoffs like Jameson Williams. He could be diagnosed with cancer like John Metchie. There's way too many variables to say, "let's make a run at Marvin Jr in 2024".

It'd be one thing if he was a QB and you knew you had a stopgap QB. But yall going crazy for a WR is just nuts to me, sorry.