Who do you like at the 7-9 range?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
This assumes that Houston and Colts are find with seeing what QBs drop to them, and either the Raiders or the Panthers jump up to #1. This type of trade would definitely involve future 1st rounders and is the type of trade that would land a ton of future draft capital.

Tyree Wilson, Quentin Johnson, Bryan Breese, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson are all projected near that level. Still plenty of big names on the DL, OL and at WR at that range.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard Poles talk about targeting CBs, but maybe I'm wrong about that. It's not the worst idea, but I think Gordon played well for a rookie, and it just seems like a luxury to draft a CB in the first round.
Think that was more about CB just being a premium position and not really “targeting” them.

Although if CB was the clear BPA I do think he’d do it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This assumes that Houston and Colts are find with seeing what QBs drop to them, and either the Raiders or the Panthers jump up to #1. This type of trade would definitely involve future 1st rounders and is the type of trade that would land a ton of future draft capital.

Tyree Wilson, Quentin Johnson, Bryan Breese, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson are all projected near that level. Still plenty of big names on the DL, OL and at WR at that range.
I expect Houston and the Colts to put a package together to trade up to one. When it comes to QBs you go get who you want. You don't hope.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect Houston and the Colts to put a package together to trade up to one. When it comes to QBs you go get who you want. You don't hope.

unless you're the Bears and hope Fields falls out of the top 10. lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears best trade value for #1 pick is not coming from Houston or Colts, both of whom are sitting pretty for a top QB.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I heard Poles talk about targeting CBs, but maybe I'm wrong about that. It's not the worst idea, but I think Gordon played well for a rookie, and it just seems like a luxury to draft a CB in the first round.
Gordon sucked his first year- let’s be honest!

Id be surprised if he’s able to turn it around so please Poles don’t take another cb this early in the draft when we need offense to build around fields.

Then and only then go after guys at cornerback.

Even then build the d line first.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Id be surprised if he’s able to turn it around so please Poles don’t take another cb this early in the draft when we need offense to build around fields.

@remydat, you're an advanced stats guy. I said he played well for a rookie, this guy is saying he sucked. What say you?

jbunch14

Liked Posts:

Gordon was above average in the second half of the season. Definitely reason for optimism.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Even when he was bad Kyler Gordon would still make a few flash plays a game that made his potential obvious. Then he got more consistent as the season went on. You'd really have to be down on everything Bears to not be at least a little optimistic about him.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Whoever is left on my board in this order

1. Will Anderson Jr
2. Jalen Carter
3. Myles Murphy
4. Paris Johnson
5. Quentin Johnston
6. Bryan Bresee
7. Jalin Hyatt
8. Kelee Ringo
9. BJ Ojulari
10. Tyree Wilson
You have Tyree Wilson too low & Paris Johnson too high.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure there is a QB in this draft that is so much better than the rest that a team will give up multiple 1st rd picks to move up to #1. I can see Houston staying at #2 and picking any of Young, CJ or Levis and using their picks to build around that player. Does Indy want to give up what it would take to move to #1 when they could trade with Arizona at #3 and get one of those 3 QB's for much less draft capitol. If there was a QB like Lawrence in the draft I could see the Bears getting a lot more for the #1 pick. I'm starting to think the best move for the Bears is to take whatever the Texans will offer and take Carter with the 2nd. Carter is the only player in the draft right now that projects to potential All-Pro caliber player. I don't see the Bears getting enough to pass on a player of that caliber.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You have Tyree Wilson too low & Paris Johnson too high.

Kind of funny you lump them together since they are both kind of raw prospects. I like Wilson and he has a high celling but you're going to teach him some advanced pass rushing techniques since all he does in bull rush guys. It works at the college level but he'll need more in the NFL

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Prob best options will be at T WR and if they don’t sign any rbs bijan for @dentfan . Of course bijan not ideal pick there hes Pretty versatile