Who do you like at the 7-9 range?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I expect Houston and the Colts to put a package together to trade up to one.
I am not so sure about Houston. They easily could look at Stroud or Levis and feel good about picking at 2.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I will be interested to see where Torrence goes as well. One of the steadiest selections in this draft.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Gordon sucked his first year- let’s be honest!

Id be surprised if he’s able to turn it around so please Poles don’t take another cb this early in the draft when we need offense to build around fields.
Uhhh, so I hated the Gordon pick and didn’t buy the 1st round talent/any of that post draft nonsense because I thought UW was all McDuffie. But this is wrong, and Gordon impressed me/I have more optimism for him than I do most every other player drafted except maybe brisker.

He started in nickel, and he was horrid. Worse than buster Skrine a couple years ago—where teams intentionally lined up their best WR on him in the slot and abused him. Then he started to get better bit by bit. Then Jaylon got hurt, so he filled in as a CB2 for a couple of games, and looked rough again before the end of the year where he looked decent, then went back to nickel for the last couple of games.

With a better front 4, I think he’ll be just fine.

Then and only then go after guys at cornerback.

Even then build the d line first
So there are two guys at Corner, Clark Phillips from Utah and Christian González from Oregon who look legit, and they’re estimated to be taken after keelee ringo from UGA. If BPA is on table if the bears pick in the teens, don’t be surprised to see these names go. Provided they don’t do something absolutely stupid off field/get hurt during the underwear Olympics.

Buy a defensive line, draft OLine.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Kind of funny you lump them together since they are both kind of raw prospects. I like Wilson and he has a high celling but you're going to teach him some advanced pass rushing techniques since all he does in bull rush guys. It works at the college level but he'll need more in the NFL
IMO, there is a big difference between a raw pass rusher and a raw left tackle. We might see things differently there.

It’s not that Paris Johnson Jr. is a bad prospect, but the Bears would have to be patient with his development. Can the Bears afford to wait a few years for him to figure everything out?

He has some glaring weaknesses that will get exposed in the NFL right away. First, his pass blocking is light years behind Skoronski & Harrison. Second, he is going to be a penalty machine. Nobody got away with more holds than Johnson.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Prob best options will be at T WR and if they don’t sign any rbs bijan for @dentfan . Of course bijan not ideal pick there hes Pretty versatile
Thanks for the @. In this draft, T & WR are not that great in the 7-9 range. Bijan would be better than any WR available then.

In this draft, if Bijan’s off the board, and we are at 7-9, go with Michael Mayer, Christian Gonzalez, or Myles Murphy.

Mayer would give us a crazy weapon.

Gonzalez would give us a lock down secondary.

Murphy is really athletic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Myles Murphy. He is the best 4-3 DE in this draft and the bend on the edge on his tape is pretty impressive, like Robert Quinn lite

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
My dream scenario is drafting Jalen Carter & BJ Ojulari. Provided that o line and WR are addressed in FA.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Kind of funny you lump them together since they are both kind of raw prospects. I like Wilson and he has a high celling but you're going to teach him some advanced pass rushing techniques since all he does in bull rush guys. It works at the college level but he'll need more in the NFL

Wilson reminds me a lot of Demarcus Ware.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This gets overstated. Not every Edge rusher uses advanced pass rush techniques. From a physical profile Wilson stacks up with last year's first overall pick, Trayvon Walker. Who also didn't have a tool belt of advanced techniques coming out. Some guys that are physically gifted get by just fine with 2-3 moves in their arsenal. Because they have the length, strength and get off to do so. Basic fundamental techniques honed sharp.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This assumes that Houston and Colts are find with seeing what QBs drop to them, and either the Raiders or the Panthers jump up to #1. This type of trade would definitely involve future 1st rounders and is the type of trade that would land a ton of future draft capital.

Tyree Wilson, Quentin Johnson, Bryan Breese, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson are all projected near that level. Still plenty of big names on the DL, OL and at WR at that range.
I'd be surprised if Bresee gets past Detroit at 6 jmho

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Even when he was bad Kyler Gordon would still make a few flash plays a game that made his potential obvious. Then he got more consistent as the season went on. You'd really have to be down on everything Bears to not be at least a little optimistic about him.
He will be fine and doesn't appear to be a head case like many DB's.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Uhhh, so I hated the Gordon pick and didn’t buy the 1st round talent/any of that post draft nonsense because I thought UW was all McDuffie. But this is wrong, and Gordon impressed me/I have more optimism for him than I do most every other player drafted except maybe brisker.

He started in nickel, and he was horrid. Worse than buster Skrine a couple years ago—where teams intentionally lined up their best WR on him in the slot and abused him. Then he started to get better bit by bit. Then Jaylon got hurt, so he filled in as a CB2 for a couple of games, and looked rough again before the end of the year where he looked decent, then went back to nickel for the last couple of games.

So there are two guys at Corner, Clark Phillips from Utah and Christian González from Oregon who look legit, and they’re estimated to be taken after keelee ringo from UGA. If BPA is on table if the bears pick in the teens, don’t be surprised to see these names go. Provided they don’t do something absolutely stupid off field/get hurt during the underwear Olympics.

I think Gonzallez and Porter Jr are the first 2 DB's off the board.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Myles Murphy. He is the best 4-3 DE in this draft and the bend on the edge on his tape is pretty impressive, like Robert Quinn lite
Yeah I didn't mention him in the post because I think he comes off the board at 5 or 6 likely.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Whoever is left on my board in this order

1. Will Anderson Jr
2. Jalen Carter
3. Myles Murphy
4. Paris Johnson
5. Quentin Johnston
6. Bryan Bresee
7. Jalin Hyatt
8. Kelee Ringo
9. BJ Ojulari
10. Tyree Wilson
The disrespect for my guy J.Addison.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Joey Porter Jr is the best CB in this class but do love Gonzalez as well.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
UGA homer here, and I wouldn’t take Ringo, and probably wouldn’t take him anywhere in the 1st. Overrated as hell.

For me it’s Murphy or Skoronski. Length be damned as I think he would hold down one of the T spots at a high level, but I’m no expert. At the very least, he is an elite OLman. Those have been rare in Chi for many years.

And if they could get both Skoronski and Bijan? Shit. I get the positional value argument, but him and Fields in the same backfield would be dynamic and give defenses fits for years.