Number of starts
JF - 25
BP- 6

over 200 yard passing games?
JF - 6 times
BP - 5 times

Multi TD passing games?
JF has 6
BP has 7 (yep he has more multi TD games then starts)

Number of 300 yard passing games?
JF - 0
BP - 1

Basically BP is better in pretty much every passing category so far as a rookie, and with over 4 times the starts JF has only one more game that he threw over 200 yards compared to BP? its pathetic, why would you even try and argue this? Right now Fields is a terrible passer, you pointing to a rookie QB that is way better of a passer is doing Fields no favors here.

We have a great running QB that sucks as a passer right now, it is what it is...
You see but have no vision. SF has pro bowl caliber players at many positions. The Bears starters are beer league caliber in comparison.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You see but have no vision. SF has pro bowl caliber players at many positions. The Bears starters are beer league caliber in comparison.
This argument only goes so far when all of Fields weapons play better when Fields is not the QB. Do you really need me to post the stats of fields weapons again when they play with other QBs?

If Fields made the players around him better then this might be a better argument, but that's not the case.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This argument only goes so far when all of Fields weapons play better when Fields is not the QB. Do you really need me to post the stats of fields weapons again when they play with other QBs?

If Fields made the players around him better then this might be a better argument, but that's not the case.
I get it. You dump on Fields because you like to be stupid and rile people up. It won't work because your "opinions" are just those of an asshat.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I get it. You dump on Fields because you like to be stupid and rile people up. It won't work because your "opinions" are just those of an asshat.
All I do is point out the reality of the situation. You can't argue against it so your only option is to throw insults.

Canth

Liked Posts:
he's earned it regardless of what happens vs dallas. Lance will be on the trade block.

would 49ers redo his contract or will PUrdy's agent tell him to holdout. hmmmmmmmm

Would the 49ers redo who's contract? Both Purdy and Lance are on rookie deals and relevantly cheap. The 49er's have all the cards in this situation to take both Purdy and Lance into the offseason and just let it all play out to see who wins the starting job. I seriously don't understand everyone seems to think the 49er's have to make any decision this offseason between those two.

Due to playing behind Jimmy his rookie year and the injury this year, Lance just hasn't played much. We all know that. All teams know that. His trade value would be crap, especially compared to the price they paid to get him. Again, he is still on a rookie deal. The 49er's don't have to do a damn thing about trading Lance right now. They can just sit tight and see how next season goes before making any tough decision on him.

In addition, they are only entering the 3rd year of Lance's rookie 1st round contract. They don't even have to worry about making a decision to pick up the 5th year option yet - which is when it can actually get expensive.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Would the 49ers redo who's contract? Both Purdy and Lance are on rookie deals and relevantly cheap.

There is a big $$$$ gap from top 3 pick to Mr. Nobody draft position tho . . .

Canth

Liked Posts:
There is a big $$$$ gap from top 3 pick to Mr. Nobody draft position tho . . .

Ok. It doesn't matter at this point though. They are on rookie deals. By rule, they cannot be renegotiated until after their 3rd year. Neither one of them is to that point.

Beyond that, even if they wanted to try to do anything about the Lance contract, his contract was 100% guaranteed as a top pick. Trying to do anything beyond just holding on to him would result in a cap hit way beyond simply keeping him on the roster and letting the offseason and the 2023 season play out.

And for the other thing you mentioned, there is no real hold-out option for Purdy. He is on his rookie deal and not yet a 3rd year player. Again, by rule, there is nothing that can be done. The 49er's hold all those cards right now. Purdy should get some additional money from that pool for rookie playing performance incentives. I forget what they call it, but there is a way in the system for him to get some money beyond the base deal he has that comes from the NFL. But that is it.

Bonferroni Correction

Liked Posts:
I really like Brock Purdy. The only thing that gives me pause is that we saw this before with Nick Mullens who played at a high level as well in 2018 when powered by the SF offensive system. He had like 280 yards a game that season.

And this year’s SF offensive roster is a lot better than that years. SF system just makes QBs look good. Justin would go nuts in that system/with that roster.

Last edited:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Purdy sure seems to have a better mind for the position, and so far has been a greater benefit to his team. He might wind up being very good and (rightfully) shutting Lance out of the position.

Most of the talk in this thread is whining about the apples and oranges comparison between the bears and 49ers players.

The real issue is how much better Purdy and fields performed over the journeymen they replaced.

Jimmy g was a decent if slightly mediocre player with years of experience in San fran, with 6 playoff games over 2 non consecutive years under his belt.
Purdy as a rookie 3rd stringer, carrying no weight of draft investment, gets tossed in as the 3rd starter and has played over and above the first rounder and the experienced journeyman.

Fields came in tapped as the unquestioned future last year and the performance difference between him and a stopgap 1 year deal guy was negligible.

Since everyone here is buying the narrative that the bears were intentionally losing all year and that there was no attempt to learn how Justin would fare as a passer when a game is on the line, the absolute best assessment you can make about fields is incomplete.

Purdy has gone 5-0 since taking the helm over guys who went 8-4.
Fields has gone 5-20 since taking over for the 3-3 guy.

As it stands, I don't think there is any question as to who is more valuable to their team.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Purdy sure seems to have a better mind for the position, and so far has been a greater benefit to his team. He might wind up being very good and (rightfully) shutting Lance out of the position.

Most of the talk in this thread is whining about the apples and oranges comparison between the bears and 49ers players.

The real issue is how much better Purdy and fields performed over the journeymen they replaced.

Jimmy g was a decent if slightly mediocre player with years of experience in San fran, with 6 playoff games over 2 non consecutive years under his belt.
Purdy as a rookie 3rd stringer, carrying no weight of draft investment, gets tossed in as the 3rd starter and has played over and above the first rounder and the experienced journeyman.

Fields came in tapped as the unquestioned future last year and the performance difference between him and a stopgap 1 year deal guy was negligible.

Since everyone here is buying the narrative that the bears were intentionally losing all year and that there was no attempt to learn how Justin would fare as a passer when a game is on the line, the absolute best assessment you can make about fields is incomplete.

Purdy has gone 5-0 since taking the helm over guys who went 8-4.
Fields has gone 5-20 since taking over for the 3-3 guy.

As it stands, I don't think there is any question as to who is more valuable to their team.
This outta be good. Be prepared for butt hurt adults spewing anger and hatred over an alternate take over a stranger who plays a game for their favorite football team. Getting the pop corn ready

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Let’s go by 2021 production:

EQ from Rodgers- 9 catches 98 yards 0 TD
Harry from Mac Jones - 12 catches 184 yards 0 TD

Dante Pettis from Daniel Jones 10 catches for 87 yards and 1 TD

Those same receivers with Fields in 2022:

Dante Pettis 19 catches for 245 and 3 TD

Harry 7 catches for 116 and 1 TD

EQ 21 catches for 323 and 1 TD

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I do is point out the reality of the situation. You can't argue against it so your only option is to throw insults.
Horseshit. You just are a hater. Clear as glass.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The only people in the world who think this is even a debate are delusional Bears fans who think there's some sort of hidden brilliance in Justin Fields throwing 115 yards a game that only football geniuses can comprehend.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only people in the world who think this is even a debate are delusional Bears fans who think there's some sort of hidden brilliance in Justin Fields throwing 115 yards a game that only football geniuses can comprehend.
Hey, Purdy only got the Niners to the NFC title game. Fields got the Bears the #1 draft pick.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Purdy looked super great the first half. Just wish he had guys like Eq St. Brown and Dante Pettis to throw to so the field would be a little more even.
no shit. Mitch Trubisky and Matt Barkley would look good in that system. 49ers are infinitely stacked on both sides of the ball. and have Robbie Gould as an added bonus. they have the potential to take it all now.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Haven't really watched much of Purdy since starting for SF. Watched the 1st half today. Wasn't overly impressed. He did what was asked and has a nice looking spiral. For a 7th rd pick, awesome. But at the end of the day, he is nothing special. There is nothing about his game that looks really impressive to me. He has all day to throw, with an amazing playcaller, amzing rbs, amazing TE, amazing WR, amazing Kicker, and amazing defense. I think best case scenario is, is that he is Kirk Cousins..

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Haven't really watched much of Purdy since starting for SF. Watched the 1st half today. Wasn't overly impressed. He did what was asked and has a nice looking spiral. For a 7th rd pick, awesome. But at the end of the day, he is nothing special. There is nothing about his game that looks really impressive to me. He has all day to throw, with an amazing playcaller, amzing rbs, amazing TE, amazing WR, amazing Kicker, and amazing defense. I think best case scenario is, is that he is Kirk Cousins..
This is pretty accurate. As of today he is better than Fields. Higher floor than Fields, but a MUCH lower ceiling.