Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
People eager to say Fields sucks cause he wasn't producing 250 yards through the air.

Ah, I gotcha. That’s Dumb.

Now I guess people have to over correct that dumb assessment and downplay Purdy’s play since being starter…which is equally dumb…and round and round it goes

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Can u please put me back on ignore?
It's easier to admit what you said and move on.

Why is my sister being involved with a black man an insult to you?

Most of us don't see it that way in 2023.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

didn't you put all sorts of people on ignore for that stuff? Can you put me back on ignore? you're giving me Nick80 vibes...

Thanks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Probably due to some deductively reasoned assumptions on the sister part. Unfortunate black guy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the 49ers had selected Fields, they would be the SB favorites. Shanahan would wear teams out with his versatility. With that offensive line and those weapons, he would attack defenses at all three levels inside and outside the numbers. Imagine the mesh point decision for a defender with Fields and CMC together.

Purdy is doing a nice job, but it’s already obvious he struggles to throw the ball outside the numbers much like Jimmy G. Almost every completion is short or medium range right in front of his face. Lucky for him, he’s had Kittle, Deebo and CMC scooping up those crossers and slants. When you can run the ball down an opponents throat, pass protect, deploy legitimate weapons, have a great scheme and an outstanding play caller, positive things tend to happen.

Fields would be amazing on that team.
So would Goff, Cousins, Mills, Smith, and any number of mid-teir QB's

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So would Goff, Cousins, Mills, Smith, and any number of mid-teir QB's
I believe his point was that Kyle Shanahan's offensive innovation coupled with the offensive weapons on the 49ers team would massively benefit from a multidimensional QB (such as Fields, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen) over Brock Purdy or more orthodox pocket QBs (like Goff, Cousins, etc.) It stands to reason the potential for a game-breaking, playmaking, versatile QB was the primary allure that caused Shanahan to bet the farm on the Trey Lance trade. He wasn't looking for a Mac Jones-esque game manager like Jimmy G or Brock Purdy or a traditional pocket passer because he could have possibly traded for one of those. Instead, he went all-in big on Trey Lance (and might have whiffed?). I'd imagine if Justin Fields had showcased his agility, speed, and running ability on top of his prolific passing in college, Shanahan would've probably picked JF. Just a guess though.

As an aside, watching last night's game made me think that ol' Dak probably wouldn't have fared better if the QBs were switched. Both QBs were pressured, but Dak definitely caved more than Brock. So it wouldn't be all mid-tier QBs that would be amazing with San Fran (at least in last night's game).