Poles in win win spot w QB

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
the problem with blaming the WR is that Fields is one of the reasons for them being "the worst WR group" Mooney statistically was a much better WR when Fields was not throwing him the ball, same with Claypool, same with Montgomery. Fields right now is not a QB that makes the players around him better, statistically he has made them worse. thats kind of a big deal. Now with some very high end WR to help overcome that combined with Fields running ablity that might be OK.

But upgrading the passing department needs to be looked at including possibly the QB

Somebody posted an article about Mooney blasting the wr's for running bad routes and not helping JF. Once I
locate the article I'll send it to you.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Having Favre and Rodgers on the same team might qualify
Not really? Favre was not happy and casuing issues. Not something a GM wants

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Somebody posted an article about Mooney blasting the wr's for running bad routes and not helping JF. Once I
locate the article I'll send it to you.

You don't even really need it.

You can really tell who pays attention to the games.

How many dropped balls did we see this year? Including the one by the Minny scrub in crunch time?

Those don't show in the stat sheet, but they were good throws.

It shows you who really pays attention to the games, and who's just drunk off their beers by the 4th quarter and then run to the stat sheets on the internet to help them "remember" what happened.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Has anyone heard any comments from the coaches at Ohio State? If I was Poles I would ask for their input on the potential of Fields vs. that of Stroud.

Specifically what and why does a discussion of "potential" need to take place about our starting Qb, who at one point was
putting up 3-4 Td's /game ???

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
and only one 1 game over 200 yards passing. we are saying he isnt a good passer because we are paying attention you cant only throw for 150 yards a game average and be considered a good passer. Fields will not throw guys open doesnt usually throw into tight windows and waits for guys to get wide open, so that will result in a lot more sacks, and not much passing production.. like we have seen

If u have any footage of this, please share so we can analyze it. Thanks

And how does this fit?

1674417883556.jpeg

Justin Fields throws PERFECT deep ball to Dante Pettis for 40 ...

Another view

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If u have any footage of this, please share so we can analyze it. Thanks

And how does this fit?

View attachment 25684

Justin Fields throws PERFECT deep ball to Dante Pettis for 40 ...

Another view
Great throw, but Pettis was pretty open on that play, so not a good example of what I was saying

LOL....... c'mon dbldrew. Anyone looking at this can tell this pass was thrown into a tight spot where only the wr could get to it. But ok......Pettis was wide open. I mean "pretty open on that play"........Wink, Wink, ;)

Bust

Liked Posts:
HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE WHY COULD THERE NOT BE A JOE BURROW AVAILABLE IN THIS DRAFT. BEARS ARE CURSED

Did you know the Bengals coach won 2 and 4 games his first 2 years before burrow arrived. What would happen to this board if the Bears won 4 games next season? lol

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Specifically what and why does a discussion of "potential" need to take place about our starting Qb, who at one point was
putting up 3-4 Td's /game ??
You can read message boards and find different views on Fields ability to read defenses. I would rather get his coach's opinion than a fan's. I don't follow college football but I assume both quarterbacks had offensive lines and receivers with similar levels of talent at Ohio State. This is a great opportunity for the Bears and I hope they don't mess it up like they did when they traded away picks so they could draft Mitch.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
putting up 3-4 Td's /game ???
You can read message boards and find different views on Fields ability to read defenses. I would rather get his coach's opinion than a fan's. I don't follow college football but I assume both quarterbacks had offensive lines and receivers with similar levels of talent at Ohio State. This is a great opportunity for the Bears and I hope they don't mess it up like they did when they traded away picks so they could draft Mitch.

Are u suggesting getting rid of JF?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
LOL....... c'mon dbldrew. Anyone looking at this can tell this pass was thrown into a tight spot where only the wr could get to it. But ok......Pettis was wide open. I mean "pretty open on that play"........Wink, Wink, ;)
there is nothing wrong with what JF did on that throw, but lets not pretend it is something that it wasnt.. here is how open Pettis was on that throw..

JFdeepball.png

Here is tight window throws that I'm talking about..

tt2.png

another one

tt3.png

both of thoes throws are 30-40 yard throws as well into very tight coverage,

here is more what I'm talking about with tight coverage pinpoint throws..

TT1.png

this next one is throwing it because the defender has his back to you..

tt4.png

and another one again defender has his back to you, this is the beginning of the throw that was a TD

ttR1.png

you can see Rodgers is already starting his throwing motion because he has identified this as "open" and threw it to a spot the WR had a play.

JF never does any of that, Really the only tight window throw that JF has done that I can remember is in preseason where there was a video of it being a "stupidly good throw"

JF doesnt seem to understand what open is in the NFL. Its concerning

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
and only one 1 game over 200 yards passing. we are saying he isnt a good passer because we are paying attention you cant only throw for 150 yards a game average and be considered a good passer. Fields will not throw guys open doesnt usually throw into tight windows and waits for guys to get wide open, so that will result in a lot more sacks, and not much passing production.. like we have seen

You do realize that passing yards are dependent on passing attempts right? Everyone knew going into this season that the offense would have limitations in pass protection and at wide receiver. This was always gonna be a run heavy offense year 1. It’s what the o line is good at and it’s what they have to work with personnel wise.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
there is nothing wrong with what JF did on that throw, but lets not pretend it is something that it wasnt.. here is how open Pettis was on that throw..

View attachment 25707

Here is tight window throws that I'm talking about..

View attachment 25708

another one

View attachment 25709

both of thoes throws are 30-40 yard throws as well into very tight coverage,

here is more what I'm talking about with tight coverage pinpoint throws..

View attachment 25710

this next one is throwing it because the defender has his back to you..

View attachment 25711

and another one again defender has his back to you, this is the beginning of the throw that was a TD

View attachment 25712

you can see Rodgers is already starting his throwing motion because he has identified this as "open" and threw it to a spot the WR had a play.

JF never does any of that, Really the only tight window throw that JF has done that I can remember is in preseason where there was a video of it being a "stupidly good throw"

JF doesnt seem to understand what open is in the NFL. Its concerning

nice pics. Note the clean pocket and good routes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You do realize that passing yards are dependent on passing attempts right? Everyone knew going into this season that the offense would have limitations in pass protection and at wide receiver. This was always gonna be a run heavy offense year 1. It’s what the o line is good at and it’s what they have to work with personnel wise.

limitations in pass protection

this.....for sure

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
pockets good because Rodgers identifies quickly whats going on and delivers the ball. If that was fields in that last pic he 100% does not throw that ball and probably eats a sack and everyone would be blaming the bad OL for fields problems. The reason the OL looks so bad is because of Fields, he is one of the worst QBs at getting rid of the ball quickly. His Time to Throw is over 3 seconds.. Fields taking an eternity to throw the ball is not a problem with the OL

Mooney, Kmet, Claypool, and Montgomery all have better passing stats last year when Fields was not throwing them the ball compared to this year, and even the 8 games with Claypool this year on the Steelers are better then what he did with Fields.

Ultimately that's the biggest problem with "its everyone else fault" if all his weapons did better without him then its not them holding Fields back, its the other way around.

I'm still in the camp of giving him another year with proven weapons to see if he can start putting it all together and figuring it out. His running ability is so good you have to try another year and see if he can improve his passing. But considering how he has made all his current weapons around him worse I dont have a lot of faith the improvements to his weapons will be enough.

Bottom line is right now Fields is not a good passer, and that really kinda sucks..

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
If there is a Mahomes type of quarterback available in this draft, I am suggesting the Bears do their due diligence. What would you do if someone offers 2 first round draft picks for Fields?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

pockets good because Rodgers identifies quickly whats going on and delivers the ball. If that was fields in that last pic he 100% does not throw that ball and probably eats a sack and everyone would be blaming the bad OL for fields problems. The reason the OL looks so bad is because of Fields, he is one of the worst QBs at getting rid of the ball quickly. His Time to Throw is over 3 seconds.. Fields taking an eternity to throw the ball is not a problem with the OL

Mooney, Kmet, Claypool, and Montgomery all have better passing stats last year when Fields was not throwing them the ball compared to this year, and even the 8 games with Claypool this year on the Steelers are better then what he did with Fields.

Ultimately that's the biggest problem with "its everyone else fault" if all his weapons did better without him then its not them holding Fields back, its the other way around.

I'm still in the camp of giving him another year with proven weapons to see if he can start putting it all together and figuring it out. His running ability is so good you have to try another year and see if he can improve his passing. But considering how he has made all his current weapons around him worse I dont have a lot of faith the improvements to his weapons will be enough.

Bottom line is right now Fields is not a good passer, and that really kinda sucks..

Lets start off by saying.....yes JF has to continue developing as a young Qb. And that means ALL aspects of his game.
No argument there.

However, for u to say "he has made all his current weapons around him worse". as well as saying
"Fields is not a good passer, and that really kinda sucks..".......is just wrong and irresponsible. If JF is so bad, how did his
passer rating go from 73 to 85 ??? ?:cool:

So a few points here ........

1) I find it interesting you'd compare a young, developing Qb like JF to Rodgers a 39 year old, 18 year, SB winning vet Qb, who had the privilege of sitting for the first 3 yrs, learning from Brett Farve. I mean lets be fair.

2)
We rarely see JF get a full 3 seconds in the pocket. By the time yer at "1-1000", the pocket is
collapsing . By the time ball reaches JF's hand, many times there's pocket collapsation.

3)
No we can't say JF makes the OL look bad. The OL is just not there with pass pro. Run blocking....yes. Pass pro, No.

4) the routes aren't quick developing. For example, Quick slants, hooks, short option routes etc. Route design is on
Getsy. He has to design routes to help JF get the ball out quicker, while relieving the pass pro stress on the OL.
Getsty also has to do a better job of incorporating Claypool into the offense.

5) it's been mentioned how the wr's haven't run the best routes. Remember that terrible comeback route EQ ran that got the ball intercepted? JF was trying to throw it to a spot and EQ wasn't there. I'm not gonna chronicle all the key dropped passes.

Mooney has stated the wr's have to get better. I'm still looking for that article. Poles stated (in the press conference) that everyone on offense has to get better. He also stated the org. has to help JF continue to rise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. I sent u the article below back in Dec. link>> #100

Bears' Lucas Patrick: I haven't played to my standard

“We just got to be better for him because he (JF) deserves it.”
-Veteran offensive lineman Lucas Patrick

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If there is a Mahomes type of quarterback available in this draft, I am suggesting the Bears do their due diligence. What would you do if someone offers 2 first round draft picks for Fields?

I'd look long and hard at JF and say to myself, umm ? what do they see in JF that I'm not seeing? I'd say , I'd better hang on to JF a little longer . I'd say, we better thoroughly "check this land for oil & gold before selling" ?

1674527418222.png1674528567833.png

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kick the living shit out of the fool who offered it?