Mel Kiper doesn't think Bears can trade out of the top pick

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
On ESPN today he was saying that what he was hearing was that teams were not in love with Young, Straud and Levis and while they will be drafted high, teams might not throw in the farm to get them. And if the Bears do not get substantial compensation to move down, they will stay put at 1.

He has the Bears taking Carter at 1. Has Straud going 2 to the Texans and Young going 4 to the Colts.

This scenario would suck ass for us.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
On ESPN today he was saying that what he was hearing was that teams were not in love with Young, Straud and Levis and while they will be drafted high, teams might not throw in the farm to get them. And if the Bears do not get substantial compensation to move down, they will stay put at 1.

He has the Bears taking Carter at 1. Has Straud going 2 to the Texans and Young going 4 to the Colts.

No team, that wants to trade up, will openly admit that they're considering drafting a QB. Gotta play the ole "smoke and mirrors" bs game, leading up to the draft. The hope is, that the asking price will go down, when they want to trade up. Or, to not get leap frogged.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Yeah, that's way a trade down may go outside the top 5. Historically, I think that ends up being the case anyway. So, it's more realistic to hope that someone like the Panthers really wants one of those guys and knows it needs to trade up to get the player.

greg23

Liked Posts:
It's a pretty blah qb draft as all three have major question marks.....perfectly fits for the one time the bears have the #1 overall pick

Nelly

Liked Posts:
On ESPN today he was saying that what he was hearing was that teams were not in love with Young, Straud and Levis and while they will be drafted high, teams might not throw in the farm to get them.
Sounds like something that teams that need a QB would say to not destroy all their negotiating leverage.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He also was asked about Stetson Bennett and said he thinks he is a 3rd rounder. I was previously hearing he might go undrafted because of his age and size. Would have been nice for the Bears to get him either late or as a UDFA.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This dude changes his opinion a hundred times before draft day. He doesn't have original thoughts. He changes his narrative so much that I don't trust he does any personal evaluations.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How does Mel Kiper feel about how good Dan Marino will fare as a NFL QB?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Now you’re assuming he ever had one with which to rip
True, he probably tried ripping Chris Bermen's off years ago. Probably when Ryan Leaf didn't go #1 overall

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I’d be happy if the Colts traded a 1st, 2nd, & future 1st. I think that Bears fans might be underwhelmed with that return, because I’ve seen plenty of trade packages get thrown around that far surpass that.

FWIW, Mel Kiper is a clown.