**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not actually. You used the word ignore

I don't see any big name FA hits free agency thats why I think they'll pretty much ignore it.

BUT because they I said they ignore it in FA doesn't mean I advocate ignoring it in the draft.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why do fans think GMs flip a coin and decide to go with just one side of the ball in the offseason?

It has never been the case and makes no sense, but some seem to repeatedly advocate for addressing only one side of the ball.

Why?

I didn't know free agency was the entire off season the NFL holds drafts every year.

You're right that's why I say the free agents that hit will be offensive guys big name defense guys won't hit FA like Payne, Hargrave.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see any big name FA hits free agency thats why I think they'll pretty much ignore it.

BUT because they I said they ignore it in FA doesn't mean I advocate ignoring it in the draft.

OK dude. I mean, whatever. I'm not going to bicker.

But you said ignore the D during the offseason. That's what I responded to.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I looked back your right nevermind.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I wouldn’t ignore it, per se. Instead, I’m thinking in terms of prioritization. I’m thinking of writing some kind of analytical piece exploring this, but I’m thinking Poles builds on his tendency to spend more on O than D.

I’m thinking it’s going to be about 35-40% of the cap for D with the lion’s share going to O. Now, don’t get me wrong, 40% of upwards of 119 mil isn’t chump change, but I’m thinking that’s the budget ceiling for D.

If there’s interest in it, my thesis is by hiring Eberflus, Poles is prioritizing a scheme over talent approach on D, with Da Flus being known for overachieving with less talent. So, apart from a very expensive 3tech, the D can thrive without real superstars, especially if the O can actually score fucking points.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OL and DL. Fingers crossed we can find a WR as well. Outside of early superstar potential BPA, draft emphasis is sort of moot until after FA.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wait so they take Trenton Simpson at 7? LOL. I actually am a big fan of Simpson and I think he screams Eberflus. He's a long, fast and versatile LB. He's a prototype Will in the Flus defense, who can also give you some pass rush snaps on the edge ala Micah Parsons (no, this is not a comparison). But no way in hell they can get rid of Roquan, basically laugh at the previous regime spending a high 1st on an off ball LB and then take Simpson at 7. If he somehow makes it to the 20s and the Bears have a pick there, I'd love the pick.
Yeah finding good LB's is about as easy as finding good RB's. Simpson has the talent to be the next great NFL LBer so not easy to find them but you can find good ones all through drafts and in free agency.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears