**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Still overblown. Burrow hasn't actually won anything and in recent years SB winning teams have won without a QB on rookie contract. Last time a rookie won on rookie contract was Mahomes.

2021 - Stafford
2020 - Brady
2019 - Mahomes
2018 - Brady
2017 - Foles
He literally won the AFC championship last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This but fuck, Burrow looks real and his team is taking advantage of that salary. Not a trend but just saying.

well sure. they got real lucky he got injured and that team was bad enoughbto get Chase.

He literally won the AFC championship last year.

I listed out SB winners. Rex Grossman won an NFC champ. Dont give a flying fuck.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I mean Cowboys defended it quite well. Only gave up 19 points and 6 was off of turnovers.

The problem was their QB not their defending 21 personnel.
Still though, Purdy has a lot to work with. Isolating the FB on Diggs is a beast move by Shanahan.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ben Powers would be a downgrade from Whitehair but he is younger. I know Ravens fans would rejoice at him leaving the team.
So more years to suck...great.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still though, Purdy has a lot to work with. Isolating the FB on Diggs is a beast move by Shanahan.

No doubt but that Niners D makes everyone's job easy as dont need to score much to win.

Eagles will be their toughest test though as they matchup well on O and D with Niners provided they can stop the run and let that pass rush tee off.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
well sure. they got real lucky he got injured and that team was bad enoughbto get Chase.

I listed out SB winners. Rex Grossman won an NFC champ. Dont give a flying fuck.
So you don't think there is a correlation between team success and having a QB on a rookie contract?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
What will the excuses be when the Bears suck again next year?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Still overblown. Burrow hasn't actually won anything and in recent years SB winning teams have won without a QB on rookie contract. Last time a rookie won on rookie contract was Mahomes.

2021 - Stafford
2020 - Brady
2019 - Mahomes
2018 - Brady
2017 - Foles
You can't deny having a QB on their rookie deal helps.

AFC playoff teams with QBs on their rookie deal: Buffalo (Allen's extension money kicks in next season), Bengals, Jags, Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins. 6 out of 7 playoff teams have QBs on their rookie deal. Only team without a QB on his rookie deal is KC.

NFC playoff teams with QBs on their rookie deal: Philly, NYG Less so on the NFC with only 2 out of 7 teams with QBs on their rookie deals but when you dive deeper you'll see most of the NFC QBs don't have huge numbers.

I didn't count SF because they have Jimmy G although his cap hit is middle of the pack at $12.6M. Brady's cap hit was only $12M, Dak's cap hit this year is only $19.7M but his extension kicks in this season and his cap hit surges to $49M for 2023. Seattle has Geno Smith who has the 34th QB cap hit in the league. Only cousins truly has a huge cap hit among NFC playoff teams.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"Fields has three more years left on his rookie contract. Realistically speaking, the Bears are at least two years away from becoming legitimate contenders. That leaves Poles little room for error as he rebuilds the Bears' roster."

Been saying this for awhile now. By the time Poles puts together a competent team (assuming he even does), Fields will be out of his rookie contract (assuming he's good).
It’s simply not as dire as they make it out to be

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
"Fields has three more years left on his rookie contract. Realistically speaking, the Bears are at least two years away from becoming legitimate contenders. That leaves Poles little room for error as he rebuilds the Bears' roster."

Been saying this for awhile now. By the time Poles puts together a competent team (assuming he even does), Fields will be out of his rookie contract (assuming he's good).
Ideally, you would like to find out if Fields is the guy this year because, for a quarterback, the more years you can spread the bonuses over the better. Mahomes and Murry signed extensions after their 3rd year. Josh Allen, after his 4th. However, Hurts, Burrow, and Herbert are all looking to get extended this off-season after their 3rd year. Getting talent around Fields should be Poles goal this off-season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you don't think there is a correlation between team success and having a QB on a rookie contract?

I think there is a correlation between smart decisions and team success. That can be done whether your QB is on rookie contract or not. Hence why the Chiefs are still a good team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't deny having a QB on their rookie deal helps.

AFC playoff teams with QBs on their rookie deal: Buffalo (Allen's extension money kicks in next season), Bengals, Jags, Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins. 6 out of 7 playoff teams have QBs on their rookie deal. Only team without a QB on his rookie deal is KC.

NFC playoff teams with QBs on their rookie deal: Philly, NYG Less so on the NFC with only 2 out of 7 teams with QBs on their rookie deals but when you dive deeper you'll see most of the NFC QBs don't have huge numbers.

I didn't count SF because they have Jimmy G although his cap hit is middle of the pack at $12.6M. Brady's cap hit was only $12M, Dak's cap hit this year is only $19.7M but his extension kicks in this season and his cap hit surges to $49M for 2023. Seattle has Geno Smith who has the 34th QB cap hit in the league. Only cousins truly has a huge cap hit among NFC playoff teams.

yeah you just negated your own point. The AFC just has more of the young QBs taken over the last few years while the NFC had more of the vets. The Bills will still be a playoff team when Allen's money kicks in most likely.

The best way to test this would be to see if teams fall off when they have to pay big money to their QBs. The evidence thus far is they dont. So the real factor here is finding a star QB and making smart decisions. Once you do then you will likely be competitive even as they become more expensive. You just allocate your resources differently.