Frank Reich the new Panthers HC

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Thanks to all the minorities out there that took that token interview to make this retread hire happen!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think he's a good coach but if he doesn't get lucky and have a QB fall in his lap he'll be fired again.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm also surprised that Wilks didn't get it. But also kinda not. It doesn't seem to be common for the interim coach to get the job, even if the team performs well under them. And once Reich was fired, he seemed to immediately be linked to the Panthers.

Still... the job Wilks did, especially with shit QB play and trading one of their best players (CMAC).... I thought they would ride with him at least for another year to see if they could build off of it.

Seems like Wilks didn't interview for any other openings either, so I almost think he thought he was gonna get this job too.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
#whiteprivilege

Wilks goes 6-6 after the Matt Rhule disaster and gets passed over for a white QB guru dude who completely fucked up Indy QB's situation.

Meanwhile the frontrunner in Indy remains the white High School football coach that replaced Reich whose team played like shit down the stretch.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Wilks was terrible in Arizona and was fired mid-season in 2021 as a DC for Mizzou in his first year as a coordinator because the defense was so bad. I completely understand passing on him. It just doesnt look good, now hiring Frank Reicht who couldn't get it together at QB at Indy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not going to make assumptions on this specific instance being a racial issue (although I do agree that there is one for sure). But to come out and say it by his lawyer right after the decision is bold as fuck. I wonder where this is going to go.

I dont think it is racism per se. Just easier for white people to benefit from nepotism and relationships in a league where the vast majority of decision makers are white.

This is not to say there arent inter-racial friendships or relationships in the NFL but by and large humans still tend to build more relationships with people they consider like minded and race still plays a hige factor in that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reich did a pretty good job in indy with the shit situation he was continuously given

Lol. He made that situation. He lobbied for Wentz because he was his OC in Philly. So much so he apologized to Irsay for begging Colts to trade for him.

He and Ballard kept going the vet QB route because they were trying to win now and save their jobs.