Frank Reich the new Panthers HC

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lol. He made that situation. He lobbied for Wentz because he was his OC in Philly. So much so he apologized to Irsay for begging Colts to trade for him.

He and Ballard kept going the vet QB route because they were trying to win now and save their jobs.
It was no diff than when naggy wanted foles except it cost them allot more

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was no diff than when naggy wanted foles except it cost them allot more

Yeah they got sodomized in that trade. Even if you wanted Wentz giving up a 1st and 3rd rounder for him was laughable.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
#whiteprivilege

Wilks goes 6-6 after the Matt Rhule disaster and gets passed over for a white QB guru dude who completely fucked up Indy QB's situation.

Meanwhile the frontrunner in Indy remains the white High School football coach that replaced Reich whose team played like shit down the stretch.
I don't think it was Frank Reich who fucked up Indianapolis' QB situation, but instead the shitty and old QB's that Ballard kept bringing in. Aside from that year where Philip Rivers was decent (btw Colts were good that year) its been Chicago Bears-level ineptitude from the QB's. in Indy.

The offense works. Nick Sirianni is running it well enough in Philadelphia to make the NFC Championship game. The Colts just had a bad organizational philosophy regarding the quarterback position that simply did not work out. Not much the coaches could've done to save Carson Wentz or Matt Ryan at that stage in their careers.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think it was Frank Reich who fucked up Indianapolis' QB situation, but instead the shitty and old QB's that Ballard kept bringing in. Aside from that year where Philip Rivers was decent (btw Colts were good that year) its been Chicago Bears-level ineptitude from the QB's. in Indy.

The offense works. Nick Sirianni is running it well enough in Philadelphia to make the NFC Championship game. The Colts just had a bad organizational philosophy regarding the quarterback position that simply did not work out. Not much the coaches could've done to save Carson Wentz or Matt Ryan at that stage in their careers.

Nope. Reich is who lobbied for Wentz as he insisted he could fix him as he was Wentz OC in Philly his MVP year. Reich was involved in all those QB decisions. A GM isnt trading for a QB that their supposed QB guru coach doesnt want. Reich actually apologized for lobbying for Wentz to Irsay in an attempt to save his job. Didnt work.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Nope. Reich is who lobbied for Wentz as he insisted he could fix him as he was Wentz OC in Philly his MVP year. Reich was involved in all those QB decisions. A GM isnt trading for a QB that their supposed QB guru coach doesnt want. Reich actually apologized for lobbying for Wentz to Irsay in an attempt to save his job. Didnt work.
This is why the Panthers hired Frank Reich to be head coach and not general manager.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Oh so when proven wrong just change the argument?

Pretty sure he will have input on who they get at QB as part of the reason you hire a so called QB guru.
I feel like there have been at least a dozen times in my life where the Bears alone have saddled a coach with a quarterback he didn't want. Frank Reich, like any coach, will work with whatever he is given.

If the Panthers are starting Carson Wentz week one then I'll eat my words, but something tells me that ain't happening.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Wilks was terrible in Arizona and was fired mid-season in 2021 as a DC for Mizzou in his first year as a coordinator because the defense was so bad. I completely understand passing on him. It just doesnt look good, now hiring Frank Reicht who couldn't get it together at QB at Indy
I doubt Reicht had little sway in the QB decisions in Indy with and big ego owner and GM.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I doubt Reicht had little sway in the QB decisions in Indy with and big ego owner and GM.
I don’t know about the Rivers & Ryan trade(or signing) but Reich was adamant about trading for Wentz. Indy screwed up by not only trading for Wentz but also believing Philly that Pace was trying to trade for him as well. Ballard should be fired for his massive mistakes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I feel like there have been at least a dozen times in my life where the Bears alone have saddled a coach with a quarterback he didn't want. Frank Reich, like any coach, will work with whatever he is given.

If the Panthers are starting Carson Wentz week one then I'll eat my words, but something tells me that ain't happening.

We arent talking about the Bears. Reich called the QB shots in Indy. It is what got him fired. The Panthers will in fact likely be seeking his opinion on QB as nonpoint hiring him if you going to ignore your opinion.

No idea why people feel the need to make excuses for the guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t know about the Rivers & Ryan trade(or signing) but Reich was adamant about trading for Wentz. Indy screwed up by not only trading for Wentz but also believing Philly that Pace was trying to trade for him as well. Ballard should be fired for his massive mistakes.

Ballard isnt fired because he built a decent roster. Irsay blamed Reich for the QB picks because Ballard deferred QB to Reich. Hence why Irsay fired one and not the other. Reich was the one angling for vet QBs.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
We arent talking about the Bears. Reich called the QB shots in Indy. It is what got him fired. The Panthers will in fact likely be seeking his opinion on QB as nonpoint hiring him if you going to ignore your opinion.

No idea why people feel the need to make excuses for the guy.
Well its because you are crying racism as if Steve Wilks, a defensive coach who couldn't even survive a second season as a college defensive coordinator, was the right guy to hire. There aren't a lot of good options on the coaching market this year, hiring a guy with a winning record three out of his four full seasons (though obviously it was going to fall to three out of five) is not so inexplicable that you have to resort to crying about racism.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ballard isnt fired because he built a decent roster. Irsay blamed Reich for the QB picks because Ballard deferred QB to Reich. Hence why Irsay fired one and not the other. Reich was the one angling for vet QBs.
Yes but Ballard was gung-ho about trading for Ryan and then spent big on 3 non-premier positions(OLB, LG & RT). Ballard is good at hitting on his pics but to keep applying band-aids on the most important position is a fireable offense to me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well its because you are crying racism as if Steve Wilks, a defensive coach who couldn't even survive a second season as a college defensive coordinator, was the right guy to hire. There aren't a lot of good options on the coaching market this year, hiring a guy with a winning record three out of his four full seasons (though obviously it was going to fall to three out of five) is not so inexplicable that you have to resort to crying about racism.

You cant read. I didnt cite racism outside of the Third Reich joke. I said nepotism in the NFL favors white coaches because most of the decision makers are white. That isnt the same as racism but you dont grasp that nuance.

Further going back to college is dumb. His most recent experience was going 6-6 with a team that was previously 1-6. That is clear improvement.

And the further problem here is you are quick to try and deny Reich's flaws by claiming he didnt pick the QB but then want to ignore what Wilks did this season to talk about what he did in college.

It always seems to be the case that some look at the best qualities of the white coach and then want to pick apart the worst qualities of the black coach to try and explain away things.

Our most recent experience with Reich is that he ran a shit offense with shit QBs he selected when he is supposed to be a QB guru. Wilks by contrast took over a shitty team and made them respectable and the he was actually responsible for looked good at times. Why you would hire an offensive guru that cant get the offense or QB right is beyond me?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yes but Ballard was gung-ho about trading for Ryan and then spent big on 3 non-premier positions(OLB, LG & RT). Ballard is good at hitting on his pics but to keep applying band-aids on the most important position is a fireable offense to me.
The problem is this exactdynamic has paid huge dividends for San Francisco, who unlike Indianapolis sees sustained success regardless of horrible the quarterback play. And San Francisco still makes the huge investments in the quarterback position yet wins anyways!

My best guess as to why one works and the other doesn't is that SF has the best left tackle, best pass rusher and one of the two best tight ends in the league. Also the coach. But who knows really.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Reich was in on Ryan. This is not rocket science. Irsay knows who vouched for whom and chose to fire Reich not Ballard. It is obvious that is because the QB picks were mostly Reich.

Will Frank Reich, whose offense has stopped operating efficiently since last Christmas when the COVID-ravaged Colts won in Arizona, be the coach next year? Does he survive what’s shaping up as another lost season? He vouched for Wentz, and Wentz failed. He vouched — they all did — for Ryan, and he was a monumental failure. He is the brains behind this offense, and this offense has stunk for the better part of a year now.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Reich was in on Ryan. This is not rocket science. Irsay knows who vouched for whom and chose to fire Reich not Ballard. It is obvious that is because the QB picks were mostly Reich.

Will Frank Reich, whose offense has stopped operating efficiently since last Christmas when the COVID-ravaged Colts won in Arizona, be the coach next year? Does he survive what’s shaping up as another lost season? He vouched for Wentz, and Wentz failed. He vouched — they all did — for Ryan, and he was a monumental failure. He is the brains behind this offense, and this offense has stunk for the better part of a year now.
It literally says that they all wanted Ryan. Lol

Rumor in Indy is that Ballard will either resign or be fired after the draft. If Irsay picks the head coach over Ballard, he is quitting.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
#whiteprivilege

Wilks goes 6-6 after the Matt Rhule disaster and gets passed over for a white QB guru dude who completely fucked up Indy QB's situation.

Meanwhile the frontrunner in Indy remains the white High School football coach that replaced Reich whose team played like shit down the stretch.
Most Colts fans say Irsay picked all the QBs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It literally says that they all wanted Ryan. Lol

Rumor in Indy is that Ballard will either resign or be fired after the draft. If Irsay picks the head coach over Ballard, he is quitting.

Yes I said he was in on Ryan. It says he and he alone vouched for Wentz and then he and Ballard vouched for Ryan. Ergo he fucked up twice, Ballard once.

Again there is no GM that is going to sign a QB their QB guru HC does not want. Reich is the one principally responsible for the QB fuckups. That is why he is gone and Ballard is hanging by a thread.